̶c̶a̶b̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶ Doctor is beaten for patient dying.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
1. I will literally fight to save your life.
2. So worship me.
1. As usual you miss the entire premise. You shouldn't have to. Literally you shouldn't. That's what I'm saying. Passing a law that has a minimum sentencing of 10 years and having it plastered over the intake desk will alleviate many of the instances. Billy Joe Bob, or Crackhead Jimmy may or most likely may not think twice, but there is a chance, however, Barry Vanilla or Andrea Suburbia certainly will. OR at very least, it will eliminate that person as a threat for a decade. Hell, the more I think about it make it 25 to life. Seriously. They are trying to destroy a very limited and valuable resource vital to the day to day operation of civil society. It's nothing more than terrorism. Fuck them.

Chain them to a wall/restrain them, and if they fight, they have refused service. If they die, while restrained, fuck them. They deserve it. Chances are they will die from an overdose anyway. Case in point, George "The patron saint of retarded drug addicts," Floyd in the short time while living in Minnesota (six months?), OD'ed -- two or three times before he finally got his OD dosage right.

You have a fantastically efficient recipe for OD crisis in Merica, and it's entirely manufactured.
1. Drugs are openly glorified.
2. Risks are openly minimized.
3. Consequences are being eliminated. (they legalized small amounts of meth in OR. -- seriously.) Marijuana is perhaps not the gateway drug as we all presumed, but it is the gateway drug for legalization. Legalization has consequences. And YOU and YOUR PROFESSION are paying for it. How can you not see that you are down stream of that? Seriously? Fuck me.

2. No.

You simply don't have a guarantee to life after you do something stupid. And you certainly shouldn't expect service if you are combative or violent. NAME ONE OTHER INDUSTRY OR PROFESSION THAT SAYS OTHERWISE BESIDES YOURS. This is why you are in the fighty situation you are in. However, I suspect you LIKE being in that situation. It's exciting. It's your dopamine & adrenaline rush and you obviously get off on it. And as with other progressive liberals, you have no want to actually fix the problem but love to bitch about the situation. WITNESS ME!! I'M THE VICTIM AND THE HERO!! Honestly fuck off with that shit. To be fair, thanks to the Scamdemic, it's not just you.

Solution

Ain't nothin' wrong her. She just loves eggs, s'al
Reaction score
Shiiiiiit, I am a big dude w/ arm tats and 300 meter stare and I've been punched, kicked, slapped and spit on. Most of it has been be from families rather than patients. Still it's better than the other side of the no control lashing out coin, I very much don't like getting surprise hug and kisses from strangers.

While I was still in school, I was giving my first in and out Cath on a post transurethral prostate resection. Dude punched me right across the jaw and then hugged me after I got it running past the clots.

Now that I've written it down, fuck my job is sexy af.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
1. As usual you miss the entire premise. You shouldn't have to. Literally you shouldn't. That's what I'm saying. Passing a law that has a minimum sentencing of 10 years and having it plastered over the intake desk will alleviate many of the instances. Billy Joe Bob, or Crackhead Jimmy may or most likely may not think twice, but there is a chance, however, Barry Vanilla or Andrea Suburbia certainly will. OR at very least, it will eliminate that person as a threat for a decade. Hell, the more I think about it make it 25 to life. Seriously. They are trying to destroy a very limited and valuable resource vital to the day to day operation of civil society. It's nothing more than terrorism. Fuck them.

Chain them to a wall/restrain them, and if they fight, they have refused service. If they die, while restrained, fuck them. They deserve it. Chances are they will die from an overdose anyway. Case in point, George "The patron saint of retarded drug addicts," Floyd in the short time while living in Minnesota (six months?), OD'ed -- two or three times before he finally got his OD dosage right.

You have a fantastically efficient recipe for OD crisis in Merica, and it's entirely manufactured.
1. Drugs are openly glorified.
2. Risks are openly minimized.
3. Consequences are being eliminated. (they legalized small amounts of meth in OR. -- seriously.) Marijuana is perhaps not the gateway drug as we all presumed, but it is the gateway drug for legalization. Legalization has consequences. And YOU and YOUR PROFESSION are paying for it. How can you not see that you are down stream of that? Seriously? Fuck me.

2. No.

You simply don't have a guarantee to life after you do something stupid. And you certainly shouldn't expect service if you are combative or violent. NAME ONE OTHER INDUSTRY OR PROFESSION THAT SAYS OTHERWISE BESIDES YOURS. This is why you are in the fighty situation you are in. However, I suspect you LIKE being in that situation. It's exciting. It's your dopamine & adrenaline rush and you obviously get off on it. And as with other progressive liberals, you have no want to actually fix the problem but love to bitch about the situation. WITNESS ME!! I'M THE VICTIM AND THE HERO!! Honestly fuck off with that shit. To be fair, thanks to the Scamdemic, it's not just you.
The people attacking medical staff are mostly mentally ill.
Punishing them accomplishes absolutely nothing. It's just a matter of being practical

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Shiiiiiit, I am a big dude w/ arm tats and 300 meter stare and I've been punched, kicked, slapped and spit on. Most of it has been be from families rather than patients. Still it's better than the other side of the no control lashing out coin, I very much don't like getting surprise hug and kisses from strangers.

While I was still in school, I was giving my first in and out Cath on a post transurethral prostate resection. Dude punched me right across the jaw and then hugged me after I got it running past the clots.

Well yeah cuz we fly af son

And we get invited to all the pants off parties.

Im still, after over a decade at this, still confused why neuro icu pts wanna be naked all the damn time. Walk into a room and ask the naked man dancing about with a piece of his skull missing "well sir, where are your pants?" And get the reply "I don't know but I don't need em! Haha!"

I'd let you spit on me if u need to

Solution

Reaction score
Punishing them accomplishes absolutely nothing. It's just a matter of being practical
I couldn't quote a study but most directed at me have been "normal" folks in bad situations. I put myself on guard now mostly around parents and spouses of wealthy families, they tend to be hitters. It's almost always after educating them on post care bowel/ bladder management or when we set up hospice for people that tire terminal.

For reference, I've been working at a high end acute rehabilitation, we don't get people w/o banging insurance.

Solution

Reaction score
Well yeah cuz we fly af son

And we get invited to all the pants off parties.

Im still, after over a decade at this, still confused why neuro icu pts wanna be naked all the damn time. Walk into a room and ask the naked man dancing about with a piece of his skull missing "well sir, where are your pants?" And get the reply "I don't know but I don't need em! Haha!"

I'd let you spit on me if u need to
Lol almost every stroke and TBI!
It should be a block on the rancho

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
I could quote a study but most directed at me have been "normal" folks in bad situations. I put myself on guard now mostly around parents and spouses of wealthy families, they tend to be hitters. It's almost always after educating them on post care bowel/ bladder management or when we set up hospice for people that tire terminal.

For reference, I've been working at a high end acute rehabilitation, we don't get people w/o banging insurance.
Thats usually where I had thr worst experiences myself, entitled ppl that have never had to want now facing a very dark thing they can't fix, so they wanna throw money at it, and if that don't work, they need someone to lash out at. And because you are there, and a non threatening target, you get it.
That being said, you shouldn't need to be on guard with shit, especially in high end acute rehab. You guys are suppose to be focused on healing whatever trainwrecks my end dumps off on you. I'm sorry bro.

It srsly is easier in ER. Harder on the body but easier on the soul. Except when covid hit. Then everything sucked.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Lol almost every stroke and TBI!
It should be a block on the rancho
I have a theory that involves damage to their regulatory systems and their impulse control.
They can't manage their Temps, so they hot. When they hot, they see no reason to not be naked, cuz fuck why not?
Penis and :vagina: in the wind time! Feel the breeze!!!!
And now you're chasing a buck ass naked man thru a hallway at lunch with only a gait belt and pair of non skid socks btwn u n a fall write up

Reaction score
For some reason in the hospitals here they wont let you have water, even if you leave it outside the main emergency area, which makes it hard to wait 4 hours without water. So for a "free universal health care system" or system is complete and utter shit.

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
For some reason in the hospitals here they wont let you have water, even if you leave it outside the main emergency area, which makes it hard to wait 4 hours without water. So for a "free universal health care system" or system is complete and utter shit.
If you go to the ER nobody is giving you shit until you've been cleared of life threatening conditions. Surgeons dont like it when youve had anything to eat or drink.

Reaction score
If you go to the ER nobody is giving you shit until you've been cleared of life threatening conditions. Surgeons dont like it when youve had anything to eat or drink.
Didnt have to have surgery, but yes I am now aware of their no water policy.

Reaction score
People ask me for shit to eat and drink all the time and my default is always no. Almost all requests I say no to just as a general policy. Motherfuckers think an ER is a bed and breakfast.
If you give them an inch they will take a mile. Going without water for a few hours can be pretty annoying though, especially if it gets too warm. And up here its a mask thing , their being a bit cunty.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score

Still unacceptable behavior on his part no?
If a mentally ill person kills someone, that person is just as dead. If someone behind the wheel, when impaired, kills someone, even though he or she is not thinking clearly at the time, is still responsible. Being high doesn't let you off the hook for robbery, murder or the such. Why should it let them off the hook when attacking HC workers?

Really stupid reasoning. Then why put anyone in prison then. Is someone in sound mind when they decide to commit crime? I mean if you know of the possible consequences, and continue with your plan of holding up the Quickie Mart, shoot the clerk over 20 bucks and a fistful of scratch lotto tickets, could you successfully argue that you suffered a disconnect from reality? Answer: YES. You have to be pretty well connected and wealthy. See John Hinkley.

Punishment not only provides some sort of justice to the wronged, and also serves an example to the rest of society. I mean literally that what punishment is. How is it that you not know this? Arguing punishment with you is fruitless because you had a big problem with your DUI. You openly scoffed at it, and bragged (don't know if true) that you still drove drunk as if to taunt the law and fate/God.

I really don't understand why ANY of you are arguing against some sort of law which could/would be employed to protect HC workers? It really is fucking bizarre. TDS (Tim Derangement Syndrome) I guess.

When you are under there is a risk you can vomit and asphyxiate your puke and die. The anesthesiologist, the guy that is often the highest paid person in the OR, generally frowns on that.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Those laws exist man. That's what assault charges are for
And when your charge threatened lover boy with further charges he straightened right up. No?
Have that law plastered over the intake desk and place a line under it stating, "Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." You can still have your silly feelings let the retard off like when Mandingo wants to test your mettle and then piss all over you, but it does openly state the consequences and puts in their mind, "Do not fuck with the healing people." I still find it odd which you arguing for some vile asshat showing any of you no respect, when you are trying to HELP them. Fuck. I would say that you're trolling but knowing my opposition, i'm not sure in the least.

Further retarding musings on additional consequences.
And you are not being defended with them no? Plus there is no mandatory minimum. You have to make it a slam dunk for the DA office now. There are now several laws titled "malicious wounding." Which means if there is bruising or breaking of the skin, you are literally guilty of. That's all they have to prove. VA DA's love this law. You're mandatorily sent to prison longer than if you committed 2nd degree murder. Seriously.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
It also further defines and gives reason why attacking a HC worker is fucking wrong. Simple assault and breaking someone's arm and or jaw is one thing. But doing that to a HC worker and now not only are they injured the perp has created an unnecessary strain on staffing. And considering HC workers are often in a high stress and high emotional situation such a burden is/should be given more weight.

Fuck all. I'm out. I'm doing laps.

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
The assault cases against healthcare workers almost always get thrown out due to lack of interest in prosecution and the easy defense of "the patient was not in their right mind"

Im all for it though

Viril.Feline.Wyyzrd

smarter than moonrunes
Reaction score
Im all for it though
Same here...

The assault cases against healthcare workers almost always get thrown out due to lack of interest in prosecution and the easy defense of "the patient was not in their right mind"
I don't think it matters if the patient was in the right state of mind; it's YOUR JOB to protect that person/those people (if there is more than one person), and of the person is dead, and there was some negligence involved, you can bet that there will be charges dropped, because that is technically murder.

It don't matter what you say; you let the person die which = murder; enough said... slammer time 4 u.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Still unacceptable behavior on his part no?

If a mentally ill person kills someone, that person is just as dead. If someone behind the wheel, when impaired, kills someone, even though he or she is not thinking clearly at the time, is still responsible. Being high doesn't let you off the hook for robbery, murder or the such. Why should it let them off the hook when attacking HC workers?

Really stupid reasoning. Then why put anyone in prison then. Is someone in sound mind when they decide to commit crime? I mean if you know of the possible consequences, and continue with your plan of holding up the Quickie Mart, shoot the clerk over 20 bucks and a fistful of scratch lotto tickets, could you successfully argue that you suffered a disconnect from reality? Answer: YES. You have to be pretty well connected and wealthy. See John Hinkley.

Punishment not only provides some sort of justice to the wronged, and also serves an example to the rest of society. I mean literally that what punishment is. How is it that you not know this? Arguing punishment with you is fruitless because you had a big problem with your DUI. You openly scoffed at it, and bragged (don't know if true) that you still drove drunk as if to taunt the law and fate/God.

I really don't understand why ANY of you are arguing against some sort of law which could/would be employed to protect HC workers? It really is fucking bizarre. TDS (Tim Derangement Syndrome) I guess.

When you are under there is a risk you can vomit and asphyxiate your puke and die. The anesthesiologist, the guy that is often the highest paid person in the OR, generally frowns on that.
Good job making detailed theoreticals and comparisons that arent relevant to the issue

As usual

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
I couldn't quote a study but most directed at me have been "normal" folks in bad situations. I put myself on guard now mostly around parents and spouses of wealthy families, they tend to be hitters. It's almost always after educating them on post care bowel/ bladder management or when we set up hospice for people that tire terminal.

I see. But what triggers them then?

Solution

Reaction score
@GroyperSupreme
You're not wrong that it's unacceptable. I pay dues to the ANA who lobbies national and local governments on nursing issues, violence against health providers being a big one. Additionally, I provide my work data to research done my university and sigma.

But like all things it layered, to that point, @Baka asked about triggers. While I'm sure it might not always be the case, in my setting it's always a stress trigger. Longer term care is a mother fucker of physical, emotional and financial stress for everyone involved.
With patients, they compensate for the lack of control and stress in different ways, most just get verbally nasty, some get crazy codependent (call button every 5mins), the minority are hitters. Most time with hitters there is an underlying issue with inhabition, these are stroke and TBI, not all but some lose the don't hit wiring.
With family it's all the stress plus a big trigger. A fuck ton of people deal with reductionism, "It's expensive, I have to carry this extra load, I miss my significant other but when they get out of the hospital it be back to normal". This is almost never the case and on the extreme end of what we do, love one end up taking an incredible amount of burden. Breaking that news is when it usually goes down, but again only the minority are hitters, a larger portion just try to get a nigga fired.

Whew, that was a lot of blah blah.

Anyway, @GroyperSupreme, the biggest game changer for me so far has been provider end classes like CPI, it's a a lot of practical psychology mumbo jumbo and awareness drills. It's improved my get hit : get hugged ratio a lot. Having this certification required in nursing schools is one of the issues the ANA is pushing.

It's all tricky, I can take a hit and don't want to call the cops on a person already in neck deep shit but if 5'4" nurse ahn gets hit it's a trip to the ER and workers comp.

Meh, I might not no my flower but I no a bitch when I see one

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
The NLA. ANA and a couple of other accreditation agencies have been instrumental in changing alot of the legislation on this. It's why in the last decade I've been in this they switched from letting us get our asses kicked to allowing reasonable shows of force in response to assault. It's a slippery slope, you can't go full Rambo and soon as as it's done u gotta make sure the pt is ok.

Like @Solution said de escalation is the better than having to fight

Solution

Reaction score
The NLA. ANA and a couple of other accreditation agencies have been instrumental in changing alot of the legislation on this. It's why in the last decade I've been in this they switched from letting us get our asses kicked to allowing reasonable shows of force in response to assault. It's a slippery slope, you can't go full Rambo and soon as as it's done u gotta make sure the pt is ok.

Like @Solution said de escalation is the better than having to fight
That's the part that gets me, while I like the idea of state nursing boards ( policy that reflects to population and all that) when it comes to big issues that effect all of us the shit is all over the board. Shit just facility to facility. Our sister rehab's CEO refuses to give CPI and has flat out said that hands of clients will be fired and reported but at my facility I've seen our 78yo CNO straight up body tackle a dude for slapping his son.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
That's the part that gets me, while I like the idea of state nursing boards ( policy that reflects to population and all that) when it comes to big issues that effect all of us the shit is all over the board. Shit just facility to facility. Our sister rehab's CEO refuses to give CPI and has flat out said that hands of clients will be fired and reported but at my facility I've seen our 78yo CNO straight up body tackle a dude for slapping his son.
I wanna kick it with ur cno lol.

Alot of it is based on the liability insurance the facility has and what administration perceives your pt population is. Lubbock and back east we were huge on restraints and limb locks and code orange. Staff assaults are lower because ie that because the pt populace we serve is known to have an aggressive element plus we are level 1s n trauma n violence go hand in hand

El paso is restraint free cuz they perceive our census is old ladies. But we are also the screening site for violent EDOs with the police. We are also for profit there and admin is terrified of any measures that could cost them. So we get to practice alot of verbal interventions and hugging it out lol.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Good job making detailed theoreticals and comparisons that arent relevant to the issue

As usual
Literally took your proposals and applied them to the real world. I can cite examples if you like.

Im all for it though
Which may be the reason for a law specifically for HC workers.

Fair? @Raddy

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
@GroyperSupreme
You're not wrong that it's unacceptable. I pay dues to the ANA who lobbies national and local governments on nursing issues, violence against health providers being a big one. Additionally, I provide my work data to research done my university and sigma.

But like all things it layered, to that point, @Baka asked about triggers. While I'm sure it might not always be the case, in my setting it's always a stress trigger. Longer term care is a mother fucker of physical, emotional and financial stress for everyone involved.
With patients, they compensate for the lack of control and stress in different ways, most just get verbally nasty, some get crazy codependent (call button every 5mins), the minority are hitters. Most time with hitters there is an underlying issue with inhabition, these are stroke and TBI, not all but some lose the don't hit wiring.
With family it's all the stress plus a big trigger. A fuck ton of people deal with reductionism, "It's expensive, I have to carry this extra load, I miss my significant other but when they get out of the hospital it be back to normal". This is almost never the case and on the extreme end of what we do, love one end up taking an incredible amount of burden. Breaking that news is when it usually goes down, but again only the minority are hitters, a larger portion just try to get a nigga fired.

Whew, that was a lot of blah blah.

Anyway, @GroyperSupreme, the biggest game changer for me so far has been provider end classes like CPI, it's a a lot of practical psychology mumbo jumbo and awareness drills. It's improved my get hit : get hugged ratio a lot. Having this certification required in nursing schools is one of the issues the ANA is pushing.

It's all tricky, I can take a hit and don't want to call the cops on a person already in neck deep shit but if 5'4" nurse ahn gets hit it's a trip to the ER and workers comp.

Meh, I might not no my flower but I no a bitch when I see one
excellent writeup.

it really does take a special kind of person to work healthcare.

Top Bottom