̶c̶a̶b̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶ Doctor is beaten for patient dying.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
good thing i'm not interested in keeping 300lb diabetic grannies pointlessly alive for the next 20 years so the insurance companies can milk more out of then

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
good thing i'm not interested in keeping 300lb diabetic grannies pointlessly alive for the next 20 years so the insurance companies can milk more out of then
The irony of that is that insurance doesn't even reimburse properly for half of what we do to keep Meemaw going.
Medicare is notorious for wriggling out of bills. It's why my flight company goes mid-level when we bill for flights abs my charts read like war and peace.
In hospital they will try and cover the short bills by providing alot of elective stuff to younger ppk with good insurance. Ortho is a huge money maker so smart networks pair Ortho n trauma to save costs

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
The irony of that is that insurance doesn't even reimburse properly for half of what we do to keep Meemaw going.
Medicare is notorious for wriggling out of bills. It's why my flight company goes mid-level when we bill for flights abs my charts read like war and peace.
In hospital they will try and cover the short bills by providing alot of elective stuff to younger ppk with good insurance. Ortho is a huge money maker so smart networks pair Ortho n trauma to save costs
this is just me speaking from what i know, but my fat 70+ diabetic grandma got excellent care under medicare. i didn't know the specifics of payment but i was always the one tasked with driving her to drs appts

i do know people will hastily sell their assets if they get a real sickness so they can qualify for medicaid.

could you explain further on state care stuff?

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. DID I GET YOU FOLKS ACTUALLY CALM DOWN AND THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEM?

LOL

Fucking honestly. I dont' care how tough you think you are or actually are. You don't deserve to be beaten, purposefully liquided on just because you are a HC worker. Most likely the people in power now haven't had that situation happen to them in decades if even at all. Different times twenty, hell even 10 years ago.

@Solution If the entitled are more inclined to be abusive, then they are most aware. They are taking out frustrations, no? I'm not saying every single one but the overall probability. People like that tend to not like to go to jail. They don't last too long if the person they are hitting is going to hit back with equal or greater force -- no?

@.wil You've got horror stories, @Raddy you got horror stories @Solution you have horror stories and all of you know people who've had it worse off. Hell my tiny toe tip in to the medical arts know and personally have dealt with some. If this situation is seemingly getting worse because of actual numbers or stress is increased due to unforeseen factors like a Scamdemic, then perhaps we should figure out some way of forcing the higher-highers to take fucking notice. BURNIGN OUT TALENT IS NOT A GOOD THING. Not for the system and certainly not for you.

I may be the "uncaring faggot conservative," here but that doesn't mean I dont' want what is right and dont' appreciate what is good.

What if we started a campaign, and had HC workers tell of their times of violence in the workplace. What if we got ex-HC workers involved also. What if we galvanized somthing to make your job safer, or at least dignified in protection. Because ANY of the things you all described, if happened to a corrections officer would literally mean additional charges and a certain conviction. To not protect you is to say you have no value. I value HC workers. I hate you guys at times, most times, nearly all times, but I value you.

I don't know who to speak to or actually how to begin. If you want me to work on this I will. My senators are in a geezer state, and HC workers get fucked here on the regular also. I'm sure the bleeding heart Spaceman and the Bisexual will take time to listen to a winning reelection campaign plank. But I would need your help and need a direction on how you want the punishment/resolution to look/be executed. I'm not you all.

You know my stance.

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
Which results in providers over ordering exams like crazy. I get a lot if it is CYA, but hospitals routinely chastise providers for not ordering enough and I've been told they offer incentives. Ive seen the quarterly "leaderboard" posted in the physician lounge of radiology exams ordered.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Which results in providers over ordering exams like crazy. I get a lot if it is CYA, but hospitals routinely chastise providers for not ordering enough and I've been told they offer incentives. Ive seen the quarterly "leaderboard" posted in the physician lounge of radiology exams ordered.
I remember you saying this in another thread on another EDF version.

Solution

Ain't nothin' wrong her. She just loves eggs, s'al
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. DID I GET YOU FOLKS ACTUALLY CALM DOWN AND THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEM?

LOL

Fucking honestly. I dont' care how tough you think you are or actually are. You don't deserve to be beaten, purposefully liquided on just because you are a HC worker. Most likely the people in power now haven't had that situation happen to them in decades if even at all. Different times twenty, hell even 10 years ago.

@Solution If the entitled are more inclined to be abusive, then they are most aware. They are taking out frustrations, no? I'm not saying every single one but the overall probability. People like that tend to not like to go to jail. They don't last too long if the person they are hitting is going to hit back with equal or greater force -- no?

@.wil You've got horror stories, @Raddy you got horror stories @Solution you have horror stories and all of you know people who've had it worse off. Hell my tiny toe tip in to the medical arts know and personally have dealt with some. If this situation is seemingly getting worse because of actual numbers or stress is increased due to unforeseen factors like a Scamdemic, then perhaps we should figure out some way of forcing the higher-highers to take fucking notice. BURNIGN OUT TALENT IS NOT A GOOD THING. Not for the system and certainly not for you.

I may be the "uncaring faggot conservative," here but that doesn't mean I dont' want what is right and dont' appreciate what is good.

What if we started a campaign, and had HC workers tell of their times of violence in the workplace. What if we got ex-HC workers involved also. What if we galvanized somthing to make your job safer, or at least dignified in protection. Because ANY of the things you all described, if happened to a corrections officer would literally mean additional charges and a certain conviction. To not protect you is to say you have no value. I value HC workers. I hate you guys at times, most times, nearly all times, but I value you.

I don't know who to speak to or actually how to begin. If you want me to work on this I will. My senators are in a geezer state, and HC workers get fucked here on the regular also. I'm sure the bleeding heart Spaceman and the Bisexual will take time to listen to a winning reelection campaign plank. But I would need your help and need a direction on how you want the punishment/resolution to look/be executed. I'm not you all.

You know my stance.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
I'll tolk to some some people. Let's see if this thing can get passed with President stublebum. I'm all for it. and I'll keep you posted. I'll start with fliers at the local colleges and see if I can talk to some student presidents. because entitled college students have nothing but free time for a good cause. in this case it's actually a good one. Let's see. Let me know if a different direction should be taken. Again, this is not for me, it's for you all.

GS out.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
this is just me speaking from what i know, but my fat 70+ diabetic grandma got excellent care under medicare. i didn't know the specifics of payment but i was always the one tasked with driving her to drs appts

i do know people will hastily sell their assets if they get a real sickness so they can qualify for medicaid.

could you explain further on state care stuff?
So out pt stuff is usually covered because preventative care has found to be alot cheaper than acute care. Part of that came to light right as Obamacare was launched, due to the successful lobbying of providers. It seems like common sense but insurance companies and Medicare still try to deny preventative stuff. Providers (like the medical director at my old hospital) formed lobby groups that pushed raw data in the faces of politicians as Obamacare rolled out proving that preventative care works better than ignoring the problem and costs less. Ppl shit the bed when obamacare was launched because the fear was if we get everyone on this government subsidized insurance, hospitals would have to foot the bill for the great unwashed masses because the companies would get shady about paying bills. So hospitals and providers stood up and fought finally, cuz we didn't wanna lose our futures, incomes and see our hospitals go bankrupt. There's more drama involved with the rollout of Obama care, medicaid expansion and Medicare but that's the general gist of it.

Now with Medicare and medicaid, and most private insurances, what they do is try to only cover for services they deem necessary and won't cover for things that are seen as negative pt events. These things extend from injuries sustained from falls, pressure ulcers, "Hospital acquired" infections to things like DVTs from being bed bound for too long. In their mind, none of these things should happen because ppl are perfect lil fleshy robots who never get confused and fall out of bed and break their hip, or are uncontrolled diabetics with poor immune systems, or are on vasopressers that affect perfusion to the skin or etc etc.

Hospitals try to fight back by initiating action plans that try to address these issues, and institute alot of bullshit repetitive charting to prove we are doing the plans. We also have algorithms we try to follow (Medicare won't cover for readmissions for CHF exacerbation or DKA if it was within a window of their first admission because they say it's our fault we didn't educate them enough) to ensure that ppl leaving the hospital have the right tools to manage their illness out pt.

The end goal is to get Medicare and medicaid to pay for services rendered and not just to be ideal outcome oriented. It's an uphill battle. Insurance companies have more pull than doctors (same with pharma and docs) and will claim that docs are ordering unnecessary stuff. Does it happen, @.wil can attest there is an element of that, but in my experience it's rare. Docs do their best to prove the necessity of diagnostics and treatments but ultimately they'd rather order something that's gonna save someone's life than follow some bullshit protocol and cost someone their life waiting to meet insurance company requirements for tests.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, this is a federal law that says it's to be federally mandated that a plan is to be developed and in practice, the minimums of what the report contains and length of time the records are to be kept. Seems to lean heavy on the distraught boy/girl/xir/them friend scenario and not patients/family wanting to play "beat the person in scrubs."

Doesn't seem to have much real meat to it.

I'll talk to some people and keep you posted. I think a state law would be more applicable and faster to implement. I've never done this so this will take some more research.

Top Bottom