Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Theodor Kittelsen.
Probably best known for his pencil and charcoal pencil illustrations of trolls.
Painted some fantastic landscapes, scenes from folk tales and legends, silly pictures of animals and personifications of the black death.
alvelek.jpg

blege_taager_vandret_over_vandet.jpg

dans_i_maaneglans.jpg

de_hadde_i_nattens_stillhet_lurt_ham_vekk.jpg

det_dende_bergtrollet.gif

dragen.jpg

ekko.jpg

I quite like this picture as I've been to the exact place depicted in it, and I can vouch for the accuracy maybe apart from the facelike aspect of the mountain side in the upper middle of the painting.
fossegrimen.jpg

heksen.jpg

hilder.jpg

hun_farer_landet_rundt1.jpg

hun_farer_landet_rundt2.jpg

hun_farer_landet_rundt3.jpg

Juletroll.jpg

kvitebjorn_kong_valemon.jpg

mor_der_kommer_en_kjerring.jpg

Nøkken_at_Nasjonalgalleriet.jpg

Op_under_Fjeldet_toner_en_Lur.jpg

oppe_pa_flya.jpg

prinsessen_som_sanker_myrull.jpg

raftsund.gif

selvportrett.jpg

sjoormen.jpg

skogens_vinterhave.jpg

sorgen.jpg

stortrollet_i_breifonnen.jpg

Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Det_rusler_og_tusler_rasler_og_tasler,_1900_(Creepy,_Crawly,_Rustling,_Bus...jpg

The following three are from a book with illustrations depicting the black death, same goes for the other pictures of the crone with the rake which is an anthropomorphic representation of the plague.
Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Musstad,_1896.jpg

Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Pesta_i_trappen,_1896_(Pesta_on_the_Stairs).jpg

Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Pesta_Kommer,_1894-95_(Pesta's_Coming).jpg

The forest troll
Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Skogtroll,_1906_(Forest_Troll).jpg

Huldra forsvant. A young man is sadly gazing out into a misty bog looking for a hulder (nordic forest spirit, a tusse, that can be either benevolent or malevolent, but almost always seductive. Similar to the jap kitsune spirits as they could have inhuman traits like either a cows tail or a foxes tail)
Theodor_Kittelsen_Huldra_forsvant.jpg

"An unfortunate bear hunt"
Theodor_Kittelsen-En_uheldig_bjørnejakt.jpg

tirilil_tove.jpg

tirilil_tove2.jpg

tiur_pa_topp.jpg

trollet_pa_karl_johan.jpg

vastroldet_som_levede_af_bare_jomfrukjod.jpg

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
Theodor Kittelsen.
Probably best known for his pencil and charcoal pencil illustrations of trolls.
Painted some fantastic landscapes, scenes from folk tales and legends, silly pictures of animals and personifications of the black death.

View attachment 36764

View attachment 36773
View attachment 36774
View attachment 36775

View attachment 36778
View attachment 36779

View attachment 36781

View attachment 36783

View attachment 36787

View attachment 36796
View attachment 36797
View attachment 36798
Good shit. I especially liked these^

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
This is a modern interpretation of the renowned painter Bob Ross on his show 'The Joy of Painting'. Note the subtle use of greys and flesh tones that brilliantly contrast with brighter colours on the palette board. The paint brush seems to represent 3 intentions: to paint on the canvas, to point at some important words, and to be used as a weapon.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
john bauer's trolls. any of them.
View attachment 39524
View attachment 39525
View attachment 39526
View attachment 39527

a few years back i had sewn a troll i sort of designed based off his works. it's naked. still haven't made it clothes, but i'm p happy with it although i could do it much better now.
View attachment 39529
Many of paintings have a kind of special quality as they were intended for print, and due to the limitations of (economical) printing back then had to be painted in hues that would survive the transfer to black/yellow and later on black/yellow/blue prints.
He borrowed some themes from and was partly inspired by Theodor Kittelsen, but had his own distinct style.
After his death in the capsizing of the vessel he'd booked passage on, the yellow press was rife with fabricated rumours about the ship being sunk by the hidden folk as a means to kill Bauer, playing on old superstitions.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
john bauer's trolls. any of them.

a few years back i had sewn a troll i sort of designed based off his works. it's naked. still haven't made it clothes, but i'm p happy with it although i could do it much better now.
View attachment 39529
That thing is a nightmare creature. Truly terrifying!

Top Bottom