Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Decided to go all out this year because we have a ton of land and i have nothing better to do
Planted so far:
Tomatoes
Peppers
Green beans
Watermelons
Next up:
Basil
Okra
Butternut Squash
Idk whatever else I think to plant
Starting the bed:
20210419_130141.jpg

The soil was really clay heavy, rocky and had other debris, so i turned about 10×10 of it with a shovel, taking out rocks and some chunks of almost pure clay

20210520_195338.jpg

4 bags of miraclegro later and rows formed.

I'll take some more recent pics with the plants in when I'm home

Last edited:

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
This stuff is an amazing garden booster for soil boosting too: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTCZQ7...imm_8B2WDY923Q3Q77Q5PVJE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Especially for Clay soils.

Looks good tho. Do cukes and parsley
Thanks! I'll look into it.

I can't say I'll be saving any money this year on food since I've already spent like $60 on bringing in soil, but that is mostly a cost i won't have to worry about next year.

I did cukes last year and will hopefully plant them again in a few days.
Amazing producer. I ended up using most of them for quick refrigerator pickles.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll look into it.

I can't say I'll be saving any money this year on food since I've already spent like $60 on bringing in soil, but that is mostly a cost i won't have to worry about next year.

I did cukes last year and will hopefully plant them again in a few days.
Amazing producer. I ended up using most of them for quick refrigerator pickles.
Cukes eggplant and zucchini grew like fiends when I was in PA. Also basil got intense. Keep it trimmed back so it don't get leggy n go to seed tho. Unless u want a starter for next year.

Show pickles when pickles have happened pls n ty. I miss gardening :(

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Btw if this is something you enjoy, look into agriscience as a major. Limited social contact is a bonus.

Jobs for that aren't great in PA but Midwest and southwest you will find a shitton. And it's a decent field.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Cukes eggplant and zucchini grew like fiends when I was in PA. Also basil got intense. Keep it trimmed back so it don't get leggy n go to seed tho. Unless u want a starter for next year.

Show pickles when pickles have happened pls n ty. I miss gardening :(
Can you not do any container gardening where you are? Is it the climate or space issues?

It's almost scary how fast zucchini grows. Might do some of that too. But I don't wanna go too nuts.

I actually tried growing a japanese eggplant plant i got from lowes last year, but only managed to get one tiny fruit.
Could have just been me not knowing what I was doing

Btw if this is something you enjoy, look into agriscience as a major. Limited social contact is a bonus.

Jobs for that aren't great in PA but Midwest and southwest you will find a shitton. And it's a decent field.
Yeah I've really been thinking about doing something along those lines. Something outdoor related would be cool
Love plants.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Can you not do any container gardening where you are? Is it the climate or space issues?

It's almost scary how fast zucchini grows. Might do some of that too. But I don't wanna go too nuts.

I actually tried growing a japanese eggplant plant i got from lowes last year, but only managed to get one tiny fruit.
Could have just been me not knowing what I was doing

Yeah I've really been thinking about doing something along those lines. Something outdoor related would be cool
Love plants.
So in my place in LBK I was doing container but im not there enough to properly manage it
I do have some banging hardy roses out front tho and my lawn looks amazing atm. 20210506_163051.jpg
In EP it's too hot and dry, the only way I could is if I put up a sun shade n etc n times kinda a constraint too since I'm starting Grad school in a month n work etc.

Japanese eggplants are goofy idk why. I got one plant, did terrible. Following year got another and got like 5 eggplants from one lil plant. A fat little groundhog stole 3 of them and thus the great War of the Whistlepig began.

I think they like space and lots of air circulation. The eggplants I mean. Groundhogs just like being assholes.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
So in my place in LBK I was doing container but im not there enough to properly manage it
I do have some banging hardy roses out front tho and my lawn looks amazing atm. View attachment 9206
In EP it's too hot and dry, the only way I could is if I put up a sun shade n etc n times kinda a constraint too since I'm starting Grad school in a month n work etc.

Japanese eggplants are goofy idk why. I got one plant, did terrible. Following year got another and got like 5 eggplants from one lil plant. A fat little groundhog stole 3 of them and thus the great War of the Whistlepig began.

I think they like space and lots of air circulation. The eggplants I mean. Groundhogs just like being assholes.
Rose looks great. I got a few bushes in the front yard planted recently. Hope they don't get disease.

It's funny you had that same experience with the japanese eggplants. I think the trouble is more than its worth considering regular eggplants are basically the same thing and grow perfectly fine

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Rose looks great. I got a few bushes in the front yard planted recently. Hope they don't get disease.

It's funny you had that same experience with the japanese eggplants. I think the trouble is more than its worth considering regular eggplants are basically the same thing and grow perfectly fine
I got them cuz they were supposedly good for containers and I had someone who loved tempura shit so my grand plan was to slip them deep fried veggies. As a treat.

Yeah none of that worked but they are good af grilled.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Decided to go all out this year because we have a ton of land and i have nothing better to do
Planted so far:
Tomatoes
Peppers
Green beans
Watermelons
Next up:
Basil
Okra
Butternut Squash
Idk whatever else I think to plant
Starting the bed:
View attachment 9202

The soil was really clay heavy, rocky and had other debris, so i turned about 10×10 of it with a shovel, taking out rocks and some chunks of almost pure clay

View attachment 9203

4 bags of miraclegro later and rows formed.

I'll take some more recent pics with the plants in when I'm home
Based

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
image_2021-06-05_221340.png
Here are all the tomatoes. I'm growing supersteak, cherokee purple and paul robeson this year

photo_2021-06-05_20-12-35.jpg
Here are the banana peppers and the next bed I'm working on where squash will go

photo_2021-06-05_20-12-36.jpg
Here is a cherokee purple I grew from seed myself

photo_2021-06-05_20-12-33.jpg
Here are the green beans. Going to experiment with bamboo poles as a stake. Beans don't need a lot of support anyway

Top Bottom