it was 12 am (or pm? idk midnight) and i made some mushrooms and eggs
>olive oil on pan
>buncha pleurotus mushrooms
>fry until good
>push to the side
>crack open a couple of eggs
>added beech-smoked salt, cuz we fancy, and pepper
>added a bit of butter
I know this is basic shit but I never cooked mushrooms before. Fuckin delicious. And suprisingly filling, I usually need like 5 eggs to fill me up
I never ate any eggs (except in cakes) or mushrooms before just a few months ago so this is new to me

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
>olive oil on pan
>fry until good
>push to the side
>added a bit of butter
I know this is basic shit but I never cooked mushrooms before. Fuckin delicious. And suprisingly filling, I usually need like 5 eggs to fill me up
I never ate any eggs (except in cakes) or mushrooms before just a few months ago so this is new to me
congrats nigga you're turning polish

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
Someone should merge the food and cooking threads into a megathread like we used to was, cuz there's not much difference and it'd be easier to read. Also it will let us start berating people who don't post enough pics of the food they are eating again.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
why
I followed the instructions on the mushroom package and added eggs
Not to mention I used corfu butter
which is like butter
but corfuey
i thought you gathered the mushrooms yourself, we polacks go mushroom hunting during fall, it's a hueg tradition here
Chuj I think its time to accept that polish cuisine is just greek-russian fusion
find me a russian or greek who makes bigos i dare you
you people don't appreciate a good cabbage when you see one

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Someone should merge the food and cooking threads into a megathread like we used to was, cuz there's not much difference and it'd be easier to read. Also it will let us start berating people who don't post enough pics of the food they are eating again.
That'll just make shit confusing
You should all just come to this thread because it is made by me, therefor it is better

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
find me a russian or greek who makes bigos i dare you
I never knew this existed, thx
you people don't appreciate a good cabbage when you see one
Sadly true, cabbage is underapreciated in greece
i thought you gathered the mushrooms yourself, we polacks go mushroom hunting during spring, it's a hueg tradition here
God, I wish

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Ok, just move my chili post then :)
I could but I don't like moving things around. It breaks with the natural flow maaan. Not good
I'll just quote it
View attachment 17139
Meant to post it a few days ago before I ate most of it.

Take a slab of meat (IDC what), throw it in the crockpot. Add water, spices, at least 24oz of crushed san-marzano tomato, and let that bitch cook for a day. After 20+ hours, you can throw in another smaller can of crushed tomato, water, hominy, beans (black and kidney in this case), diced sweet pepper (red and green), jalapeno, garlic, and Vidalia onion. I had two plum romas I roasted and crushed to throw in, but probably wasn't necessary. I threw in potato too, but that probably isn't super traditional. Neither is rutabaga, but I had a 1/4 of a giant one left over from a stew, so it got diced and tossed in too. I also took a single carrot and shredded it into strips so it would dissolve into the flavor miasma. Served over forbidden rice with blended cheese and tortilla chips.

I'd tell you how to spice it, but that is the best and most to taste part of it all, so figure it out. Recommend cumin, black pepper, chili powder at a bare minimum. I also used a dash of turmeric, because muh inflammation.
Also I made this thread specifically as a recipe thread, while the other is called food thread in general. And 90% of this thread is just really fucking shit tl;dr recipes I've made that should really be a paragraph long considering how simple they are, I just got excited lol. The veg soup in the OP is kinda shit as i remember it btw I will improve upon it when I fast again

edge_beta

Master lvl Taig
Reaction score
>olive oil on pan
>fry until good
>push to the side
>added a bit of butter
eggs AND mushrooms in one day...remarkable! now let's circle back to the fact this is your first time you cooked shrooms...I thought you were all enlightened n majikal n shit!! ;) they look good btw

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
now that i love eggs i gotta say that fried eggs are 10 times better
boiled eggs smell weird
Boiled eggs have to be cooked properly. Undercook them and the egg white and yolk are runny and not fit for consumption. Overcook them and the yolk develops a nasty grey appearance that smells and tastes like sulfur.

Top Bottom