BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
It had a lot of very interesting elements... but very boring, forgettable characters and the overall plot just dragged ass.

It could be redone... so much bette-er, oh yeah, go watch Gantz. That's so much better... actually, when it comes to horror/shock anime... pretty much ANYTHING is a step up from Elfen Lied.

Branman65

I SHOWED MY GRANDPA SHOTA
Reaction score
It had a lot of very interesting elements... but very boring, forgettable characters and the overall plot just dragged ass.

It could be redone... so much bette-er, oh yeah, go watch Gantz. That's so much better... actually, when it comes to horror/shock anime... pretty much ANYTHING is a step up from Elfen Lied.
I heard that elfen lied originally was going to have a second season, but it got canceled after the show flopped. Who knows, maybe the second season would of been better. Elfen Lied does have the best source of edgy AMVs though.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I heard that elfen lied originally was going to have a second season, but it got canceled after the show flopped. Who knows, maybe the second season would of been better. Elfen Lied does have the best source of edgy AMVs though.
Actually, that can be a good thing... you know when an anime/manga flops and then the creator has mid-life psychotic break and then... GANTZ!

Failure can lead to incredible things... at least in anime/manga.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
>english-dub
In some cases the dub is actually WAY better... but you wouldn't really know it unless you understood the language.

See... like take Dragonball for example... in Japan, it's very um... well it's a kids cartoon! And the characters SOUND cartoony... like in the language that they're speaking, they are SPEAKING CARTOONISH... on the flip side... Americans tend to perceive anime as being a LOT more serious than it actually is... and, in turn, when they DUB anime... they often do so with a much more... "adult" sounding cast... usually, not always.

The dub of Yu Yu Hakusho for example is AMAZINGLY BETTER than the original Japanese version.

Branman65

I SHOWED MY GRANDPA SHOTA
Reaction score
Reminded me of Gantz... although that was even more brutal.
Elfen lied is fun shock material that’s fun to think about how sad it was and how if they didn’t treat that one broad like shit none of the events would of happened

Top Bottom