Registered

Ediot
Reaction score
The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .

They are the newest revolvers to get into the game, imported int US by Beretta.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
It's Kel-Tec, are you surprised
They like to push the bullpup config. Eh it has it's advantages I suppose, but still don't like the idea of a hot reciprocating bolt and spent hot brass in my face. Kel-Tec supposedly has solved the problem by having the shells eject at a 4 oclock position. Eh. still no thanks. Everything is so "space-y" too techni-cool for me. Even their traditional set ups are engineered to be folding so it's extra cool and they made radical changes to the frame to do so so everything seems to be propriety except for the perhaps the trigger, forestock, barrel and muzzle devices. These are just initial observations and wholly based on initial inspection. They may not carry as much weight when in actual use.

For example their shorty carbines-folders, yeah that's cool and all but do you really need to fold the carbine to save that much space? My 10.5 AR pistol is short enough to fit in a back pack so what's the point? I don't know why there is such a trend or want make SBR's and braced pistols to take the space of a large pistol like a 500. If you need something that concealable, you have a solution for that -- a fucking pistol. (edit- I'm not saying someone can't buy what they what. Fuck no. but it seems guns like that, gimmick guns -- Desert Eagle .50 cal for example, seem to turn into safe queens. They are fired a dozen or so times once bought, cleaned and then put into the safe and left there. -- What's the point? Just to have? OK you're a collector, so then why do I always see the same "collector" selling that "collectable?")
DSC_0608.JPG
DSC_0609.JPG

(My latest build.)

About their latest 50 round pistol. Eh. It's a gimmic gun because it uses a 50 round magazine. This seems to be for the retard that thinks they are John Wick minus the reloading skills of Keanu. Fucking no. With pistols, especially, you need everything to be second nature. It needs to be the same feel, and general same weight hell even the type of ammo can change your shooting grip and stance. (if you're using +p or not.) So the idea of using a magazine which runs the length of the pistol, and as you use up ammunition the front gets lighter and shifts the weight more back onto your wrists, one can see how that would make you less accurate in a rapid fire situation. If you are taking your time with each shot say, one shot every half to one second or so, this may not be an issue. However, if you need to send a shitton of hate down range in rapid fashion, it looks like you're going to send a third to half sailing over their heads. And it's extended capacity is nulified. It will be less effective than a glock 30 round stick.

So then the Kel-Tec is just a really expensive noise maker that just may get you killed. But then again if you train with it regularly and a lot, I mean a fucking lot. Like 2000 rounds a month or so, you'll be able to compensate for it's peculiarities. Me, I'm not that rich or pew-pew-y. I'm no Jerry Miculek. I dont' know a lot of platforms and the AR is the one I'm most comfortable with, that and bolt action rifles. I want something simple, and something that runs. Sadly AR platforms are still suffering from the "you gotta keep them pristine, because of one little carbon fleck in the ejector or in the firing pin housing will make the gun in operative."

Fucking no. Oil it and go. But put the oil where it's needed. on the parts where the bolt rides within the upper, the rings and maybe a drop down the firing pin hole. Don't put oil in the gas key. Don't fucking bathe the entire BCG in oil, Don't dump oil the trigger group, don't put oil into the gas tube, leave an excessively wet barrel, don't oil the take down pins, don't dump oil down the buffer tube, etc. Just where it's needed. The BCG slides, rings and maybe the firing pin hole. There yeah you can get a little sloppy. That doesn't mean you can skip cleaning altogether, it's just that you don't have to break down the platform every 120 rounds or so.

Last edited:

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
And I'm about 400 rounds into this particular pistol set up. And runs like a champ. (yet to be cleaned) Only problem is the cheap magazine feed problems. Midway AR stoner mags are something less than desired. But replace the spring and boom better than new. Nice metal mag that will run in every ar platform no matter the make, unlike Pmags.

Last edited:
Top Bottom