tyc

https://dramatica.online/index.php?title=Tyciol
Reaction score
If so, do U waste money on the protein powder and vitamin scams?
protein powder often seems like a cheaper source of amino acids than meat, what do you have against it?

TBH actually still buy canned meat though, for taste. Powder gets boring after a while even if you buy several varieties.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
protein powder often seems like a cheaper source of amino acids than meat, what do you have against it?

TBH actually still buy canned meat though, for taste. Powder gets boring after a while even if you buy several varieties.
It's my understanding that the powders are not processed in the body like real food. Protein powders and vitamins tend to get excreted in your waste rather than being used by the body.

ALWAYS choose good healthy food over pills and powders.

tyc

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the powders are not processed in the body like real food.
Protein powders and vitamins tend to get excreted in your waste rather than being used
I'd like to hear more of an explanation for why that would be.

Is there some aspect of the powdering process which would interfere with the protease enzymes breaking down whey?

I was under the impression you absorbed MORE because it's already highly broken down, less chewing needed and all that.

If anything the concern is that it spikes quickly like sugar so you might run out.

that's why slow-digesting proteins like casein are taken before bed by some.

I actually prefer cottage cheese to that since I like the taste

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I'd like to hear more of an explanation for why that would be.

Is there some aspect of the powdering process which would interfere with the protease enzymes breaking down whey?

I was under the impression you absorbed MORE because it's already highly broken down, less chewing needed and all that.

If anything the concern is that it spikes quickly like sugar so you might run out.

that's why slow-digesting proteins like casein are taken before bed by some.

I actually prefer cottage cheese to that since I like the taste
Many nutrients derived from normal food are the result of those nutrients combining with other chemicals in the body in a process that has taken many thousands of years to develop in the human body. Protein powders/supplements created in a lab often are not efficiently processed by the body and are expelled in the urine, sweat, and other ways.

This is why you'll see guys who were raised in the country - the hinterlands - who never used supplements and protein powders and yet they are enormously strong and physically big men with excellent physiques. They had access to high quality real food and lots of it. Whole foods, meat, fish, eggs, milk, potatoes, healthy bread, and vegetables.

tyc

Reaction score
Many nutrients derived from normal food are the result of those nutrients combining with other chemicals in the body
Like how vitamin C helps with absorbing non-heme iron?

I suppose I'm looking for particular examples though. Are there some amino acids more needy of reagents/synergists?

Protein powders/supplements created in a lab often are not efficiently processed by the body and are expelled in the urine, sweat, and other ways.
If it makes a difference, I usually go for the concentrates because they're cheaper.

They're less processed than the isolates.

This is why you'll see guys who were raised in the country - the hinterlands - who never used supplements and protein powders and yet they are enormously strong and physically big men with excellent physiques. They had access to high quality real food and lots of it. Whole foods, meat, fish, eggs, milk, potatoes, healthy bread, and vegetables.
You can definitely get your protein from traditional sources, it's not like whey is a must, to me it's just more of a cheap convenience that's easy to store and stir up in some water.

I'll take a roasted chicken over powder most days of course.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
You can definitely get your protein from traditional sources, it's not like whey is a must, to me it's just more of a cheap convenience that's easy to store and stir up in some water.

I'll take a roasted chicken over powder most days of course.
That's the idea. Instead of gulping down those nasty powdered drinks, have some hardboiled eggs on hand that you can quickly peel and consume.

Also, I think weightlifters/bodybuilders overestimate how much protein they really need on a daily basis. It's important to consume balanced meals.

tyc

Reaction score
I boil them like a pansy and flavor them with mustard and paprika.
Feels pathetic, I should be swallowing them raw and WHOLE whole including shell for calcium.

I think you're correct about overestimation. I'd rather "slightly too much" than "slightly too little" but then some go WAY overboard.

For me it's just if there isn't a meat with a meal (like pizza, peperoni slices aren't enough) that I'll sometimes think to do a scoop w/ half glass of water.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
If it makes a difference, I usually go for the concentrates because they're cheaper.

They're less processed than the isolates.
But do they actually work? I bet that real unbiased studies of these lab-made concentrated proteins would show they're not all that effective. You'd be better off having a glass of milk or kefir (a very nutritious milk product that's common in eastern europe) and an egg or some nuts.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I boil them like a pansy and flavor them with mustard and paprika.
Feels pathetic, I should be swallowing them raw and WHOLE whole including shell for calcium.

I think you're correct about overestimation. I'd rather "slightly too much" than "slightly too little" but then some go WAY overboard.

For me it's just if there isn't a meat with a meal (like pizza, peperoni slices aren't enough) that I'll sometimes think to do a scoop w/ half glass of water.
I would recommend not eating raw eggs if you can help it. They can make you very sick.

Also, some people simply get too much protein. It has something to do with the body getting too used to masses of protein and then it's not used efficiently. Some lifters have 1 meatless day per week and they say it resets their body and they get bigger gains the rest of the week when they do eat protein.

tyc

Reaction score
But do they actually work?
I bet that real unbiased studies of these lab-made concentrated proteins would show they're not all that effective.
You'd be better off having a glass of milk or kefir (a very nutritious milk product that's common in eastern europe) and an egg or some nuts.
What is your opinion on the consumption of traditional whey (ie what Goldilocks ate w/ her curds) without it being powdered?

I don't know if I have the perspective to tell how much bias could influence a particular study...

that one interestingly ranked higher muscle synthesis by dividing an amount into 4 servings instead of 8 or 2

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
What is your opinion on the consumption of traditional whey (ie what Goldilocks ate w/ her curds) without it being powdered?

I don't know if I have the perspective to tell how much bias could influence a particular study...

that one interestingly ranked higher muscle synthesis by dividing an amount into 4 servings instead of 8 or 2
I'm pretty dubious about many of the claims originating in the dietary supplement industry.

In 2010 a panel of the European Food Safety Authority examined health claims made for whey protein. For the following claims either no references were provided for the claimed effect or the provided studies did not test the claims, or reported conflicting results:

• Increase in satiety leading to a reduction in energy intake
  • Contribution to the maintenance or achievement of a normal body weight
  • Growth or maintenance of muscle mass
  • Increase in lean body mass during energy restriction and resistance training
  • Reduction of body fat mass during energy restriction and resistance training
  • Increase in muscle strength
  • Increase in endurance capacity during the subsequent exercise bout after strenuous exercise
  • Skeletal muscle tissue repair
  • Faster recovery from muscle fatigue after exercise.

On the basis of the data presented, the 2010 panel concluded that a cause and effect relationship between the consumption of whey protein and these claims had not been established.

tyc

Reaction score
I'm pretty dubious about many of the claims originating in the dietary supplement industry.
Same.

In 2010 a panel of the European Food Safety Authority examined health claims made for whey protein.
For the following claims either no references were provided for the claimed effect or the provided studies did not test the claims, or reported conflicting results:
  • Increase in satiety leading to a reduction in energy intake
  • Contribution to the maintenance or achievement of a normal body weight
  • Growth or maintenance of muscle mass
  • Increase in lean body mass during energy restriction and resistance training
  • Reduction of body fat mass during energy restriction and resistance training
  • Increase in muscle strength
  • Increase in endurance capacity during the subsequent exercise bout after strenuous exercise
  • Skeletal muscle tissue repair
  • Faster recovery from muscle fatigue after exercise.
On the basis of the data presented, the 2010 panel concluded that a cause and effect relationship between the consumption of whey protein and these claims had not been established.
As compared to what, other sources of protein like meat? Consuming nothing but table sugar? Fasting?

If it's just "whey doesn't help more than chicken" then that sounds about right. I don't really think there's anything magical about it.

I see the benefits above as basically "the good part about whole proteins with the 8 essentials, in general" and as another option for avoiding a deficiency.

The only special thing I can recall about whey was maybe something to do with immunoglobins (apparently removed in isolates but not concentrates) which isn't a factor ruled out in your list.

wtf are you faggots babbling about
BCAAs and circulating AA pools of course.

Top Bottom