nelson

Ediot
Reaction score
this looks suspiciously like quence having a conversation with himself

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Same.

As compared to what, other sources of protein like meat? Consuming nothing but table sugar? Fasting?

If it's just "whey doesn't help more than chicken" then that sounds about right. I don't really think there's anything magical about it.

I see the benefits above as basically "the good part about whole proteins with the 8 essentials, in general" and as another option for avoiding a deficiency.

The only special thing I can recall about whey was maybe something to do with immunoglobins (apparently removed in isolates but not concentrates) which isn't a factor ruled out in your list.

BCAAs and circulating AA pools of course.
My guess is that the tested claims were not compared to other sources of protein (but the actual studies may say otherwise). Rather, they were probably tested against some sort of baseline of generalized human health.

Of course, it's important to remember that the claimed health benefits from the consumption of whey are apparently just that: claims. There may be some high quality tests and studies that have used a large sample size to definitively prove those claims, but I have not seen them.

TinFoilHatGuy

ปีศาจผิวขาว
Reaction score
quence having a conversation with itself
FtfY
Also, quence, duke of nimonia, magalicious, and now this new troll joequandorkius or whatever... my theory is they're all the same blobfish that keeps sprouting heads like some biblical babble-on-ian multiple cock mongling monster that literally can not. Stop. Sucking. Dick.

tyc

https://dramatica.online/index.php?title=Tyciol
Reaction score
My guess is that the tested claims were not compared to other sources of protein
(but the actual studies may say otherwise).
I'm assuming you were referencing https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1818 whose PDF is at https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.2903/j.efsa.2010.1818

I'm reading that now.

Rather, they were probably tested against some sort of baseline of generalized human health.
I would think some amount of protein consumption is assumed in generalized baselines.

Pg 11/28 is where I begin to notice something relevant.

"the effects of a whey isolate supplement (n = 6) and of a casein supplement (n = 7) provided in addition to the usual diet on strength and body composition during a 10-week intense resistance training programme"​

Seems to support some benefits:
Body fat mass significantly decreased in the whey protein group (-1.5 0.5 kg) compared to casein (+0.2 0.3 kg, p<0.01),
whereas lean body mass significantly increased in the whey isolate group (4.99 ± 0.25 kg, P <0.01) compared to the
casein group (0.81 ± 0.43 kg).
While a significant increase in strength was observed in both groups (p<0.05),
such increase was significantly higher in the whey isolate group in all three exercises (p<0.05) compared to the casein group
Of course we don't exactly know what "the usual diet" was. It could simply have been protein-deficient. All this may necessarily show is that the body is able to use amino acids derived from casein powder or whey powder, but not that either is necessarily better than other protein sources.

Of course, it's important to remember that the claimed health benefits from the consumption of whey are apparently just that: claims.
There may be some high quality tests and studies that have used a large sample size to definitively prove those claims, but I have not seen them.
I guess I'm not sure if you're looking for:
1) benefits above and beyond other protein sources (ie ground beef or tunafish)​
2) just that it can provide the generic benefits that exist from having adequate protein intake to fill the body's needs​

If what you're looking for is merely (2) then the strength gains shown (3.74-4.24 kg for whey, 0.38-1.24kg for casein) in the study above seems to support that.

I don't know if that necessarily means it's as digestible/convertable as other sources. For that you'd need something like "100g whey supplement vs 100g tuna supplement vs 100g beef supplement" kind of study, I guess. "Supplementing helped the subjects" isn't exactly "we proved the supplement is as good as other supplements".

Except of course to show that whey outperformed casein, at least with how this was constructed.

I'm not 100% convinced casein lacks a niche role for before-bedtime supplementation where it's better to take that than whey. Though that may only apply to uber-bodybuilders whose bodies want to metabolize muscle at the slightest hint of scarcity and not the genpop.

Pedo guy is engaging our resident tranny because nobody else would talk to his degenerate ass.
interest piqued, how passable? occasionally feel kinda pan-flexible tbh but it's hard for IRLs to compete with Bridget, hard for 3DPD to measure up

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I'm assuming you were referencing https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1818 whose PDF is at https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.2903/j.efsa.2010.1818

I'm reading that now.

I would think some amount of protein consumption is assumed in generalized baselines.

Pg 11/28 is where I begin to notice something relevant.

"the effects of a whey isolate supplement (n = 6) and of a casein supplement (n = 7) provided in addition to the usual diet on strength and body composition during a 10-week intense resistance training programme"​

Seems to support some benefits:

Of course we don't exactly know what "the usual diet" was. It could simply have been protein-deficient. All this may necessarily show is that the body is able to use amino acids derived from casein powder or whey powder, but not that either is necessarily better than other protein sources.

I guess I'm not sure if you're looking for:
1) benefits above and beyond other protein sources (ie ground beef or tunafish)​
2) just that it can provide the generic benefits that exist from having adequate protein intake to fill the body's needs​

If what you're looking for is merely (2) then the strength gains shown (3.74-4.24 kg for whey, 0.38-1.24kg for casein) in the study above seems to support that.

I don't know if that necessarily means it's as digestible/convertable as other sources. For that you'd need something like "100g whey supplement vs 100g tuna supplement vs 100g beef supplement" kind of study, I guess. "Supplementing helped the subjects" isn't exactly "we proved the supplement is as good as other supplements".

Except of course to show that whey outperformed casein, at least with how this was constructed.

I'm not 100% convinced casein lacks a niche role for before-bedtime supplementation where it's better to take that than whey. Though that may only apply to uber-bodybuilders whose bodies want to metabolize muscle at the slightest hint of scarcity and not the genpop.

interest piqued, how passable? occasionally feel kinda pan-flexible tbh but it's hard for IRLs to compete with Bridget, hard for 3DPD to measure up
Unfortunately, I cannot access the PDF or the HTML versions of that report. However, some of the data you posted from the report does seem to be in conflict with the conclusion the 2010 European Food Safety Authority arrived at in my previous post on this matter. I don't know if the conclusion was incorrect or the data you cited was not accurate.

ASSBLONKER

GORILLA PIMP
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the powders are not processed in the body like real food. Protein powders and vitamins tend to get excreted in your waste rather than being used by the body.

ALWAYS choose good healthy food over pills and powders.
THIS IS UNTRUE THEYRE SUPPLEMENTS 2 UR NUTRITION...IF UR AN ATHLETE THE BONUS PROTEIN WILL BENEFIT URR NITROGEN BALANCE &/ PROTEIN SYNTHESIS EVEN THO GENERALY A LOT OF PROTEIN GETS EXCTRACTED IN UR URINE. PROTEIN SHOULDNT BE USED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR A MEAL..... ALSO CREATINE IS A GOOD SUPLEMENT...

ASSBLONKER

GORILLA PIMP
Reaction score
MY SOURCE IS MYSELF CUZ I WAS A NATIONNAL LEVEL ATHLETE A& NTOT SOME PUDGY FAT 50 YEAR OLD FAGGOT . THERES UR SOURCE. TAKE SUOPPLEMENTS IF U WAJNT TO IMPROVE UR PERFORMANCE

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
THIS IS UNTRUE THEYRE SUPPLEMENTS 2 UR NUTRITION...IF UR AN ATHLETE THE BONUS PROTEIN WILL BENEFIT URR NITROGEN BALANCE &/ PROTEIN SYNTHESIS EVEN THO GENERALY A LOT OF PROTEIN GETS EXCTRACTED IN UR URINE. PROTEIN SHOULDNT BE USED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR A MEAL..... ALSO CREATINE IS A GOOD SUPLEMENT...
If you’re an athlete, you can and should get all the nutrition you need from consuming quality foods. Supplements and protein powders are a waste of money.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
MY SOURCE IS MYSELF CUZ I WAS A NATIONNAL LEVEL ATHLETE A& NTOT SOME PUDGY FAT 50 YEAR OLD FAGGOT . THERES UR SOURCE. TAKE SUOPPLEMENTS IF U WAJNT TO IMPROVE UR PERFORMANCE
I was a Division 1 collegiate athlete and I had to compete against boot-lipped negroes. Although supplements and powders were available to me, I refused to put that garbage in my body because I knew there was no benefit to it. It was and is just snake oil.

tyc

Reaction score
protein powders are a waste of money.
I think an issue here is how much of the amino acids your body can take up and incorporate, an how much you pay for the quantity that is usable.

I was a Division 1 collegiate athlete
thought you were keeping details private

nelson

Ediot
Reaction score
I was a Division 1 collegiate athlete and I had to compete against boot-lipped negroes. Although supplements and powders were available to me, I refused to put that garbage in my body because I knew there was no benefit to it. It was and is just snake oil.
they're called supplements for a reason, you don't need them but they can help

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I think an issue here is how much of the amino acids your body can take up and incorporate, an how much you pay for the quantity that is usable.

thought you were keeping details private
It’s very simple: eat healthy and balanced meals and your body will have all the nutrition it will need regardless of the physical exertion it endures.

My college athletics background was already known.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
they're called supplements for a reason, you don't need them but they can help
If you don’t need them, why would they help?

Have you been around people who take protein powders and amino acids? Quite often they smell bad. Their perspiration stinks and they develop nasty armpit b.o.

tyc

Reaction score
eat healthy and balanced meals
and your body will have all the nutrition it will need
regardless of the physical exertion it endures.
That is vague as shit TBH
The point is there is not universal consensus as to what is healthy/balanced so you actually need to give opinions on what you think that is.

Also there are some upper limits as to how much physical exertion that nutrition alone can compensate for, eventually no matter how much you carboload you can hit a wall where you run out of sugar, can only metabolize so many calories so faster after all.

Have you been around people who take protein powders and amino acids?
Quite often they smell bad.
Their perspiration stinks and they develop nasty armpit b.o.
This resembles me but TBH my stench is higher % farts than armpits.

Mechanically what differences in these proteins do you think would result in this?

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
That is vague as shit TBH
The point is there is not universal consensus as to what is healthy/balanced so you actually need to give opinions on what you think that is.

Also there are some upper limits as to how much physical exertion that nutrition alone can compensate for, eventually no matter how much you carboload you can hit a wall where you run out of sugar, can only metabolize so many calories so faster after all.
I think getting some quality protein, good carbs, plus vegetables and/or fruits with most meals will constitute a healthy diet. I would try to avoid fried foods and sugar, but that stuff is okay in moderation. Is it an exact science as to what each person should eat for every meal? No, but that's why people should find out what works for them.

Think about it like this: boys enter their prime growth years in their teens. That is when their bodies require more nutrition than at any time in their lives if they're going to reach their peak height. And teen boys can eat a LOT of food. They seem to always be hungry and that makes sense because they experience rapid bone growth along with all the muscle tissue that attaches to those bones. I've noticed that the taller boys are more likely to consume lots of whole foods - they crave them - such as meat, milk, cheese, eggs. And while some of them do take vitamins, many of them don't and it doesn't seem to affect their height or overall health.

So why, as an adult, would a weightlifter need anything other than quality whole foods to provide the nutrition that he needs? He's not getting any taller, his bones have stopped growing, his tendons & ligaments aren't getting bigger, and all he's trying to do is get stronger and increase muscle mass. It makes sense that good food would provide all the nutrition that he needs.

This resembles me but TBH my stench is higher % farts than armpits.

Mechanically what differences in these proteins do you think would result in this?
It's something to do with the way supplemented amino acids are processed in the body as opposed to how naturally derived amino acids in food are used by the body.

malvery

Newfag
Reaction score
My younger brother has more muscle
I dont think assblonkers ever shown himself doing anything with his muscles on the forum other than occasionally flexing a little bit

ppl who post about it are more than willing to post a vid that shows them shitting themselves while benchpressing if it makes them look strong

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I dont think assblonkers ever shown himself doing anything with his muscles on the forum other than occasionally flexing a little bit

ppl who post about it are more than willing to post a vid that shows them shitting themselves while benchpressing if it makes them look strong
I’m not sure what to make of that post.

tyc

Reaction score
my protein powders are making me fart a lot and I am eating too many spicy noodles

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
I think getting some quality protein, good carbs, plus vegetables and/or fruits with most meals will constitute a healthy diet. I would try to avoid fried foods and sugar, but that stuff is okay in moderation. Is it an exact science as to what each person should eat for every meal? No, but that's why people should find out what works for them.

Think about it like this: boys enter their prime growth years in their teens. That is when their bodies require more nutrition than at any time in their lives if they're going to reach their peak height. And teen boys can eat a LOT of food. They seem to always be hungry and that makes sense because they experience rapid bone growth along with all the muscle tissue that attaches to those bones. I've noticed that the taller boys are more likely to consume lots of whole foods - they crave them - such as meat, milk, cheese, eggs. And while some of them do take vitamins, many of them don't and it doesn't seem to affect their height or overall health.

So why, as an adult, would a weightlifter need anything other than quality whole foods to provide the nutrition that he needs? He's not getting any taller, his bones have stopped growing, his tendons & ligaments aren't getting bigger, and all he's trying to do is get stronger and increase muscle mass. It makes sense that good food would provide all the nutrition that he needs.

It's something to do with the way supplemented amino acids are processed in the body as opposed to how naturally derived amino acids in food are used by the body.
You're really into teen boys, their physical changes, and what they crave. Rather odd for a man in his 40s dont you think?

Top Bottom