A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
What if we forced government officials to be under surveillance 24/7 for the duration of their terms? Instead of public servants, public slaves.
i've thought of something similar. Officials being forced to live like a poor pleb, in a shitty house, cheap food, restricted income. Make being an official a duty that you are forced to carry rather than a career prospect for corrupt people.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
i've thought of something similar. Officials being forced to live like a poor pleb, in a shitty house, cheap food, restricted income. Make being an official a duty that you are forced to carry rather than a career prospect for corrupt people.
The only people who'd take the job, I hope, are the ones most willing to do it.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
The only people who'd take the job, I hope, are the ones most willing to do it.
I think Plato (don't quote me on this, been a while) said in the Republic that the highest office (Philosopher-King) is something that nobody should want to partake. If he is the right man for the job, ie a pious philosopher, he will not want to take on the responsibility of governing the country, as he will not see any worth in the glory/fame of the office since he is a philosopher, he'll see only the negatives. So it is an office that the wisest of the state should elect someone to, and force them to take the responsibility. If it is not forced then people who will take it are not worthy of the job.
Something like that anyway.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I think Plato (don't quote me on this, been a while) said in the Republic that the highest office (Philosopher-King) is something that nobody should want to partake. If he is the right man for the job, ie a pious philosopher, he will not want to take on the responsibility of governing the country, as he will not see any worth in the glory/fame of the office since he is a philosopher, he'll see only the negatives. So it is an office that the wisest of the state should elect someone to, and force them to take the responsibility. If it is not forced then people who will take it are not worthy of the job.
Something like that anyway.
Get a mensa nerd or something to do it. Makes sense. Eagerness does not equal to ability. I think it should be like a draft then. The most eligible candidate would get picked up and tossed into the office. Heh heh.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Get a mensa nerd or something to do it. Makes sense. Eagerness does not equal to ability. I think it should be like a draft then. The most eligible candidate would get picked up and tossed into the office. Heh heh.
Yea. And also the man in charge (philosopher king) should be a king that has learnt to be a philosopher so that the king will be wise in his decisions and not cruel or idiotic, or a philosopher that has learnt to lead so that the king will not be weak or unfit to actually rule the republic.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
Every time you create something based on someone else's work, (i.e. fanart, fanfic etc.) you are creating an alternate universe. Only the original creator can modify the original property. When a fan does it, their version is imperfect. So why would an ip worry about derivative works?

Top Bottom