watcha watchan(animu thread)

Pizza Slut

The Goyim Know
Reaction score
I'm currently going between Sailor Moon (with the Viz Media dub) and Inuyasha. Recently acquired the Blu-ray Aus. Region B Sailor Moon boxset, and I've had the Aus. Region 4 DVD boxset of Inuyasha for a while but never touched it. The masters used for Inuyasha from what I've watched so far are really nice (albeit field-blended due to NTSC-PAL conversion like most anime released in Australia in the early days) and look great upscaled using MadVR in MPC-HC on my gaming laptop, but Crunchyoll Australia (the rebranded spin-off of Madman's anime business bought by Sony Music Entertainment Japan) were only provided 1080p upscales of SD masters from Toei which have been DNR'd to hell and back, and while playing the series on my gaming laptop in PowerDVD makes it look subpar, admittedly it looks kinda nice watching it on my TV via my PS5. Not sure what Toei's deal with upscaling SD masters is - did they lose the original negatives or are they just lazy? It would be nice to one day see a re-release of the original censored dub of Sailor Moon for nostalgia's sake.

Fat

Asian Phones Suck Ass
Reaction score
1713744414736.png

Watching this because Fuma Kikuchi from the jpop boy band timelesz/sexy zone is in it.

guyyouhate

Newfag
Reaction score
I'm currently going between Sailor Moon (with the Viz Media dub) and Inuyasha. Recently acquired the Blu-ray Aus. Region B Sailor Moon boxset, and I've had the Aus. Region 4 DVD boxset of Inuyasha for a while but never touched it. The masters used for Inuyasha from what I've watched so far are really nice (albeit field-blended due to NTSC-PAL conversion like most anime released in Australia in the early days) and look great upscaled using MadVR in MPC-HC on my gaming laptop, but Crunchyoll Australia (the rebranded spin-off of Madman's anime business bought by Sony Music Entertainment Japan) were only provided 1080p upscales of SD masters from Toei which have been DNR'd to hell and back, and while playing the series on my gaming laptop in PowerDVD makes it look subpar, admittedly it looks kinda nice watching it on my TV via my PS5. Not sure what Toei's deal with upscaling SD masters is - did they lose the original negatives or are they just lazy? It would be nice to one day see a re-release of the original censored dub of Sailor Moon for nostalgia's sake.
nigger nobody cares

Top Bottom