FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
fact: cyberpunk 2077 requires a 4090 minimum for solid >60fps at 1080p/4k dlss performance max settings without framegen bullshit. enjoy your dogshit card that can't even run 3 and a half year old games at max settings lmfao
Good for you turning this thread into a place where you just bully everyone who's got worse shit than you.
lmfao indeed!

Reaction score
alright, i know ive mentioned hardware samplers on here before but its a difficult subject to convey if youre not already familiar with them. if you dont know what a sampler is, chances are you probably know or have at least heard of programs like ableton, fl studio, etc. those are obviously used for audio / sound production. in short, if you can imagine a radio dj playing sound effects then youre probably aware of the same idea by the name of "soundboard" - thats the same idea for a "sampler". PUSH BUTAN, RECEEV BACON. ANYWAY, long explanation aside which saves everyone a bit of googling...

hardware samplers are from a different era, they completely died off right when protools took off in the early 2000s. its actually surprising to think just how quickly computers managed to catch up to reel to reel. moores law was less "called it" and a really damn good educated guess. the eternal problem has always been storage, youre stuck with drives which spin and contain lots of moving parts like IDE, SCSI, DS/DD, DS/HD, you name it. even records - the primary source of samples - collect dust just as steel rots to rust. sure, a sampler is a computer but it uses parts which were EXTREMELY FUCKING EXPENSIVE and were simply out of reach from anyone outside of the radio industry, the music industry, and etc. can you imagine dropping the same amount of money on a shitty computer which stores ~30 seconds of sound as you would on a car, or a down payment on a house? exactly.

because of this alone, ive found hardware samplers to be the single most interesting computer to fuck with. ever. i have used some unbelievably brilliant solutions which shouldnt work...yet do. genuine testament to reverse engineering a black box, even if its one of those usb floppy drive emulators

Last edited:

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
I bought a pretty mid pc 2 or 3 years ago and told myself I'd upgrade to the latest specs if there was a game worth playing

still hasn't been a game worth playing to justify upgrading

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
Actually I lied, I almost upgraded for the newest Microsoft flight sim but decided I'd probably play it twice and get bored

8cake

Newfag
Reaction score
I bought a pretty mid pc 2 or 3 years ago and told myself I'd upgrade to the latest specs if there was a game worth playing

still hasn't been a game worth playing to justify upgrading
what specs does your pc have

Remote

BANNED
Reaction score
AWESOME!
my dad could probably help me build a pc if he wasn't so apprehensive about installing cpus and accidentally breaking the pins

our fine motor skills are shit.

my dad got some guy named mcdermott to build him his last pc (the one I used before I bought mine) but that was in 2010.*

mcdermott's store closed down a few years back and apparently he is appointment only now.

*going back to the processor debacle, it still has an i7-920 and ddr3 ram in it. even the most recent upgrade was in 2016 when my dad put a 1070 and a 750w psu in it.
Niceeee specs!!!! i like those specs
View attachment 89556
MB: AsRock X670E Taichi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: Team T-Force Xtreem DDR5-8000 CL38 32GB
SSD : Inland Performance Plus 4TB
Case: Thermaltake CTE C750
Damn those are really good specs niceeee dude

Top Bottom