Windows dwindling market share

1337coomer

Ediot
Reaction score
It looks like Microsoft has alienated a large enough segment of their users to finally let Apple swoop in and become a major market-share holder. I'm not a big MacOS fan but I'll happily take a Unix derivative OS any day over Windows god awful design.

Imagine being able to just assume any computer you buy/build is Unix based and can use whatever bash scripts you want to customize the OS by fucking around with the config. Proper driver support, games programmed primarily for Linux and MacOS rather than Windows. A sudden uptick in MacOS and Linux focused viruses/malware and the potential lulz that will ensue.

1337coomer

Ediot
Reaction score
BTW, did YOU ban me from replying in the big abortion thread??
Ladies, let's try to keep this thread from immediate derailment. Think of Steve Jobs blowing himself to the sound of Mac startup chimes

Last edited:

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Apple's a weird corp they've always been OP overpriced trash in the PC sector even though they practically invented the consumer PC space with the Apple II, but when you leave what they actually do they actually become the best in pretty much anything they do. Lets go back in time to the media player wars of the 2000s the iPod was king and the devices are still king if you want a good portable media player (I'll get my hands on a 1st gen iPod one of these days) and from 07 on you have the iPhone one of the best options to get if you want a smartphone but Mac you know the computers they make are garbage. They can't run 32 bit programs, they have dumb app restrictions with a warning, and not to mention the poor price to performance vectors that make workstation laptops look compelling.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
Apple's a weird corp they've always been OP overpriced trash in the PC sector even though they practically invented the consumer PC space with the Apple II, but when you leave what they actually do they actually become the best in pretty much anything they do. Lets go back in time to the media player wars of the 2000s the iPod was king and the devices are still king if you want a good portable media player (I'll get my hands on a 1st gen iPod one of these days) and from 07 on you have the iPhone one of the best options to get if you want a smartphone but Mac you know the computers they make are garbage. They can't run 32 bit programs, they have dumb app restrictions with a warning, and not to mention the poor price to performance vectors that make workstation laptops look compelling.
I tried to log in to 4 different macs one time for school and the one time I got in it took me 20 minutes so yes macs are garbage computers

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I tried to log in to 4 different macs one time for school and the one time I got in it took me 20 minutes so yes macs are garbage computers
See now was that a problem with the computer or did you just forget your password for 20 minutes.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
See now was that a problem with the computer or did you just forget your password for 20 minutes.
My password was correct in just stayed stuck on the logging in screen and when I finally got logged in it was slow as fuck

We had those old macs in middle school and they were a pain to use. In computer class though the teacher had some sort of high-tech mac he would use to play movies and grade our projects.

Top Bottom