chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
one of the greatest hungarian dishes ever - lecsó
leczo.jpg

the recipe is rather simple. you'll need:
- quality lard for frying (you don't want cheap lard that smells like an old boar's dick, believe me)
- three big onions
- one small zucchini
- one hungarian spicy sausage (csabai kolbász). but if you can't find it any spicy, peppery sausage will do, i.e chorizo
- two bell peppers
- 4/5 peeled tomatoes (i just use one 400g can because i'm a lazy bastard)
- shitload of spicy paprika powder (the type and amount depends purely on how spicy you want final product to be)
- one egg (optional)
put lard in the pan and prepare it for frying
dice onions, start frying them in a pan. dice zucchini and slice the sausage add both when onion starts to turn golden. turn down the fire a little. dice peppers and peel tomatoes (some people do it with boiled water). once the onion starts sticking to the pan add tomatoes, you might try breaking them with a spatula or cut them before. if you used canned tomatoes add sauce from the can if you peeled them yourself add a little water instead. add bell peppers. once tomatoes dissolve in the mix add the paprika and braise everything until water starts boiling. if there's too much water you might add an egg to thicken it a little

i know it looks like someone took a dump on the plate but let me assure you - tastes even better

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
one of the greatest hungarian dishes ever - lecsó

the recipe is rather simple. you'll need:
- quality lard for frying (you don't want cheap lard that smells like an old boar's dick, believe me)
- three big onions
- one small zucchini
- one hungarian spicy sausage (csabai kolbász). but if you can't find it any spicy, peppery sausage will do, i.e chorizo
- two bell peppers
- 4/5 peeled tomatoes (i just use one 400g can because i'm a lazy bastard)
- shitload of spicy paprika powder (the type and amount depends purely on how spicy you want final product to be)
- one egg (optional)
put lard in the pan and prepare it for frying
dice onions, start frying them in a pan. dice zucchini and slice the sausage add both when onion starts to turn golden. turn down the fire a little. dice peppers and peel tomatoes (some people do it with boiled water). once the onion starts sticking to the pan add tomatoes, you might try breaking them with a spatula or cut them before. if you used canned tomatoes add sauce from the can if you peeled them yourself add a little water instead. add bell peppers. once tomatoes dissolve in the mix add the paprika and braise everything until water starts boiling. if there's too much water you might add an egg to thicken it a little

i know it looks like someone took a dump on the plate but let me assure you - tastes even better
It sounds good EXCEPT for the “frying in lard” part. Can it be made without frying it in fat?

Branman65

I SHOWED MY GRANDPA SHOTA
Reaction score
Nein! Fried food is a hallmark of turd world cooking.
Lard is fine in moderation, even beneficial, excess is always bad. You also can’t call a man who is literally from eastern ducking Poland’s cooking “turd world” and expect that to be insulting.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Lard is fine in moderation, even beneficial, excess is always bad. You also can’t call a man who is literally from eastern ducking Poland’s cooking “turd world” and expect that to be insulting.
The Poles consume lots of wonderful foods that are not fried and Poland is obviously not the turd world.

Frying food is the lazy way of cooking and that’s one reason the turd world loves it.

Branman65

I SHOWED MY GRANDPA SHOTA
Reaction score
The Poles consume lots of wonderful foods that are not fried and Poland is obviously not the turd world.

Frying food is the lazy way of cooking and that’s one reason the turd world loves it.
I’m saying that east Poland is a notoriously underdeveloped and poverty stricken land.

Dildo Baggins

Dramacrat
Reaction score

NOTES: To crush the tomatoes, transfer to a large bowl and squeeze through your fingers to create a chunky puree. Alternatively, leave whole, add to pan, and use a pastry blender to cut the tomatoes directly in the pan.

INGREDIENTS: 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (45ml), plus more for drizzling 1 medium onion, thinly sliced 1 large red pepper (bell pepper for milder heat, or red horned pepper for hotter) 1 fresh small hot chili, such as jalapeño, Serrano, or Fresno 2 to 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 1/2 tablespoons (15g) sweet Hungarian or smoked Spanish paprika 2 teaspoons (8g) whole or ground cumin seed 1 (28-ounce; 800ml) can of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by squeezing between your fingers (see note above) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Large handful minced cilantro, parsley, or a mix 6 eggs For Serving: Sliced oil-cured black olives, feta cheese, or artichoke hearts (all optional) Crusty bread

DIRECTIONS: 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add onion, red pepper, and chili, spread into an even layer, and cook without moving until the vegetables on the bottom are deeply browned and beginning to char in spots, about 6 minutes. Stir and repeat. Continue to cook until the vegetables are fully softened and spottily charred, about 10 minutes total. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Immediately add tomatoes and stir to combine (see note above). Reduce heat to a bare simmer and simmer for 10 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in half of cilantro or parsley. 2. Using a large spoon, make a well near the perimeter of the pan and break an egg directly into it. Spoon a little sauce over the edges of the egg white to partially submerge and contain it, leaving yolk exposed. Repeat with remaining five eggs, working around the pan as you go. Season eggs with a little salt, cover, reduce heat to lowest setting, and cook until eggs whites are barely set and yolks are still runny, 5 to 8 minutes. 3. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro or parsley, along with any of the optional toppings. Serve immediately with crusty bread.

SHOW LESS

Dildo Baggins

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I've never quite understood the need for kosher salt in recipes. It's absolutely no different than regular salt.
taste wise there really isn't much of a difference if its going in something where it dissolves like soup or stew. You get a noticeable texture difference if it goes on baked goods like cookies or pretzels or anything as a finisher where the crystals don't dissolve. You use kosher because its easier to pick up a pinch of it compared to table salt, therefore making it easier to measure small amounts by eyeball

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
taste wise there really isn't much of a difference if its going in something where it dissolves like soup or stew. You get a noticeable texture difference if it goes on baked goods like cookies or pretzels or anything as a finisher where the crystals don't dissolve. You use kosher because its easier to pick up a pinch of it compared to table salt, therefore making it easier to measure small amounts by eyeball
No, you can get large grain salt that isn’t kosher and doesn‘t have the iodine additive.

Top Bottom