A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
1616805523797.png

This is the cooking thread. In this thread we talk about cock cooking, recipes and of course sardeenz

heres an ez recipe for my fellow retards
just made some vegetable soup for the 40day lent. Never ate or made veggie soup before but it turned out bredy gud actually, and very easy, turns out you just have to throw shit in a pot and wait. I saw that faggot's recipe but i changed it with what i had on hand (i overcooked it a bit but who cares)
>boil water medium sized pot
>chop onions (2), carrot (1), potato (1), leek (1) (all fairly finely) and add to water
>wait until cooked
>add chopped cabbage and wait for about 10 minutes (i think i should have let it be more crunchy at this stage) (i also added some nice light red vinegar and red wine cuz i didnt have white wine, but just a bit)
>4 cloves chopped garlic (maybe bit much for some but garlic is epic)
>add frozen peas and boil them for just a moment for them to become hot
>salt (needs lots), pepper, dried oregano
>put in bowl, add olive oil in bowl (important), more pepper and salt (why not), add herbs if youve got, eat with toasted bread
I thought it was going to be ass at first but it isnt half bad, very filling
Would be extremely epic with some meat on the side

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
I just made this:
It's nice. It's very plain, but it's filling, I guess that goes with the decadent food of the rich vs the filling rustic food of the peasants theme. Maybe I didnt add enough leeks and salt. I probably shouldve added less water too. I also added a bit of onion, a drop of red wine instead of white and also a drop of vinegar, and pepper. I hadnt eaten chickpeas before this, they arent bad. Also I used preground cumin instead of using mortar and pestle because I'm not based enough
I used normal wheat flour for all uses instead of durum wheat flour (which I think is the same as semolina) which is probably why my lagana wasnt as crunchy as his (or maybe its water %, or that I didnt add a lot of olive oil, or the oil wasnt hot enough). Tasted good, went well with the soup. The bread's scent and taste reminded me of a greek sweet called loukoumades which are deep-fried dough balls, crunchy and airy in texture, served with sprinkled sugar or various syrups (like honey often mixed with water in order to make it less viscous so the balls can suck up the syrup (also add cinnamon), and of course choco syrup). So I added some honey to leftover laganon after I ate. It was nice
In modern greece we have a bread that we traditionally eat on clean monday called lagana. But this is leavened bread baked in the oven instead of fried flatbreads. It seems very similar to a bread called "artolaganon" that the guy in the video discussed on another vid on his channel. Also similar to the italian focaccia.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
I made some laganon today with thick durum wheat semolina. Which I think is the same as durum wheat flour. But this was really thick, it had almost the consistency of sand. Normally we only use semolina to make a type of halva, but I think Italians use it for making pasta. Anyway, the semolina had such big specks that I think you just need the same flour but, y'know, with the consistency of flour. Because in the video it looks like normal flour. But, although it was a pain in the ass to knead so that it didnt fall apart, it worked. It made nice little pitas which were nice and crunchy. Completely different flavour than the normal wheat ones, they were a bit more yellow. Both are very good and went well with the chickpea soup. I made an extra one which was mostly semolina but with a bit of extra normal wheat flour. Still a pain in the ass to knead, was pretty much like the other durum ones.

I looked it up as I was writing this and turns out I was right. Durum flour is just fine semolina. Will try to find it at the store.

Branman65

I SHOWED MY GRANDPA SHOTA
Reaction score
Koffee krunch cake
This cake was lost to time from 1989 when Blum’s bakery closed, until 2018 when Valerie Gordon brought it back. It’s pretty good.
Here’s what it looks like

5FE637CD-CD27-419A-A7BA-03B6EAB13192.jpeg

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
A super easy slow cooker/crockpot curried shrimp recipe:

1 small onion, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups cooked shrimp
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 can (10.75 ounce size) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
Handful of peanuts, crushed

Combine all ingredients except sour cream and peanuts in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.

Ten minutes before serving, stir in sour cream.

Serve over rice. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Simple vegetable pies
I took this pics with my laptop webcam cuz idgaf
vegpie1.jpg

vegpie2.jpg

vegpie3.jpg

I made these after being inspired by some townsends vid. But it was something I made up by myself completely, I just figured the cooking time from it, that's why I'm proud of this one. And it's dead simple and easy, this is why I could come up with it, I just used what I had on hand. It's really simple and it tastes great. I made 3 of these, the one on the pic is the last one.
0. Preheat oven (or don't, who gives a shit)
1. Make the crust. I just made the dough like the laganon, just flour salt and water, just more of it. Pile of flour, add water periodically while kneading until it seems just about right. Knead for as long as needed, have a cig to let it rest for 10 mins or so, idk how much it needs, it's to develop gluten or some hocus pocus bullshit.
2. Cut up onion and cabbage. I didn't think cabbage would work, but it really does. I cut up a carrot too, but just a small one, I think I should have added some more it gave a great taste. I also wanted to use potatoes, but I already have leftover onion and cabbage so it would be too much.
3. Flatten dough disks to fill.
4. Fill'em up. Don't bitch out on the onion, it tastes great. Drizzle some olive oil on them. Season them. I think I over seasoned them, but it might have been that the onion was really overpowering, dont see me complaining. I added salt&pepper to all three, oregano to one, cumin to one. Protip: don't add cumin. Doesn't work. Maybe the problem was I just added way too much though.
5. Seal them. I chose to seal them up like these russian pies you see, like peroshkis or something.
6. Let's put them onto a tray (Nice!) I used those flimsy aluminium one-use ones because I simply don't give a shit. Cover them with olive oil so that they don't stick and also because they would have my Greek citizenship revoked otherwise. Bake them for ~1 hour. If they are getting done too early, lower the heat. If they aren't getting done at all, you are retarded and haven't turned the oven on, order McDonald's and get diabeetus like you deserve.
7. Eat up
The crust is really tough, I tried to use my normal table knife to cut it and it was a pain, I ended up using the chef's knife. The inside is suprisingly delicious for such simple ingredients. It's almost like the inside is covered in a really nice sweet sauce. Clearly all components have caramelized perfectly, and they are nice and soft. The inside is nice and moist and the vegetables go together really well, each one has a great taste and it adds it the dish. You could easily eat the inside by itself. I bet you could make a great sauce by baking or pan-frying all this shit without the crust but I'm retarded so i wouldn't know. It's certainly a heavy dish, it really feels like you're eating a loaf of bread covered in this sweet sauce, but even though it's heavy I always go to eat more after ten minutes. Always like that with pies. When I got a classic spanakopita or especially prasopita (phyllo-crust leek pie, really fucking good, especially if you put minced meat inside) I can eat half the tray in one sitting. I don't know if it's the pies or because I'm a fatass. Maybe both. These pies would also go great as a side with something else, like a soup or some meat.
The ingredients are so simple and the process so easy that baking these small seperate pies is a nice way to experiment with ingredients. Really you could add anything in this bad boy. Meat would be a good one (duh). I though feta cheese would be great, should try it out. Potatoes should go well, and of course fresh herbs and other greens to make a righteous hortopita. Spinach for a spanakopita is a no-brainer but I don't shit spinach out of my asshole. A real survival food this one. One of you niggers should try it out with interesting ingredients and post here, or this will be Box's cooking blog, and that's GAY.
Since i have leftovers, I think I will make a classic big rustic village pie like this instead of small seperate pies in a bit, like my grandma makes. This way it will have more of the ingredients in front of the show so to speak, because in the smaller ones there's too much bread. And maybe i will add potatoes or other shit to this, who knows. Will update. Unless i forget.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
I made the chickpeas again
Perhaps my rotten brain is playing tricks on me but I think it was more flavourful this time
I think it was because I used a bit less water. The broth was very flavourful.
I did pretty much the same things as the last time except that after I boiled the chickpeas for 10 mins, I added an onion instead of leeks because I didn't have any. I think if you're going to use leeks you should use sturdy ones and you should use more so they impact the taste more, while an onion is naturally very pungent and distinctive. Then I boiled the soup for ~25 mins more and it was done. Also used less cumin i think

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score

this guy is a fruit, but I like how he painstakingly recreates dishes from long ago. picked this vid cuz...you know ur greek.
Yeah his videos are pretty entertaining even though he is a faggot. The subject is interesting and its well executed. Through him I discovered the historical italian cooking yt channel which does pretty much the same thing but in a more serious tone and higher quality imo, but not as entertaining
I just wanna eat the shit my ancestors ate
I'm gonna make garum mark my words

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Top Bottom