j15m

Reaction score

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
The real question is does the girth of that round feel familiar in your hand?

That looks amazing, how many other people were there that day?
12 stalls about 2/3 full. It's hot so people don't go to the range. It's nice in the morning. get there early just at open - 7 it's like 80 then and doesnt' get hot until 11.

j15m

Reaction score
12 stalls about 2/3 full. It's hot so people don't go to the range. It's nice in the morning. get there early just at open - 7 it's like 80 then and doesnt' get hot until 11.
Jealousy.. My range above is cramped and holds water from the daily rains so it's a fucking mosquito fuck fest.
What glass do you run on that .50?

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Jealousy.. My range above is cramped and holds water from the daily rains so it's a fucking mosquito fuck fest.
What glass do you run on that .50?
50 is just iron.

308 runs a

j15m

Reaction score
50 is just iron.

308 runs a
Nice! Makin' bacon pancakes..
I borrowed my buddies Leupold Mark 6 a couple months ago to shoot the 6.5, was pretty nervous because the scope was more expensive than my rifle.
...also FUCK opticsplanet I bought my daughter a primary arms dot for her 10/22 and waited 4 months for it, never happened, then got a refund :angry:

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Nice! Makin' bacon pancakes..
I borrowed my buddies Leupold Mark 6 a couple months ago to shoot the 6.5, was pretty nervous because the scope was more expensive than my rifle.
...also FUCK opticsplanet I bought my daughter a primary arms dot for her 10/22 and waited 4 months for it, never happened, then got a refund :angry:
Yeah Optics Planet. LOL it's a crap shoot. Everybody is running there and they are totally overwhelmed. I've had to wait for my Daniel Defense for literally 9 months. Was worth it though and was far cheaper than DD's actual site. If I need something sent and right away like I'm fixing someone else's gun, it's Midway. If they have it. Only thing about Midway is it looks like they've teamed up with Del-Ton for parts and they are less than consistent. And sometimes you get an obviously used part when you bought new. So wut? They don't take returns on guns. I'm guessing a sketch employee took some inventory out for a fun day.
Brownells is more consistant with upper quality but they are often sold out so tough one there.
There's BigDaddy but it's like Costco. You have to pay a membership every month to get their deals. Good if you're buying about 1200 dollars of gun stuff, not so good if you're just shopping. They have a trial offer though.

Oh a Leupold. eh?

Totally jelly.

My next and last fancy scope is going to be this. Adn it's rough justifying about 2K on a scope and bonus items.
Ignore the guyy and go to the site it's got a little interactive game and it's really tight. If you got an ex-military buddy try to hook up because they give a 10% discount on one order. Not that 30 people should ride on his coattails but I don't think that two scopes on one order will raise any suspicion.

As far as glass, I've got decent mid to low range glass.
I've got a Monstrum on the Grendel. Decent Chinese scope fast focus lever -- much more more scope for the money, but then again I have to see the zero it holds when the gun reaches 500 rounds. Again I'm not looking to push these guns anywhere near the limit of them, goal is to be Johnny on the Spot up to 600 yards with these guns and will save long range shooting for the 338 that I'm itching to buy.

But knowing me I'll be pushing them way out in a couple of years.

As far as red dots. I've tried soem 100 Amazon ones and not so good. Some ok but not firearm as avertized lost zero and are made for an airgun. But, oddly enough who goes doorkicker optic on an airgun? So not such a good deal sig is about 250 bucks and Swampfox is about 3-400? At that range youre a stone toss from tricon so eh bag lunch it for a month to make up the difference? I would.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
DSC07598.jpg

PSA 16inch barrel 1:7 twist. PSA BCG
Cone muzzle device, going to change it to a muzzle break but need shims, and put this on to protect crown and threads
Magpul furniture
Timney 3lb single break trigger.
JE Machine Tech handguard Ech not great but for 80 bucks how can you go wrong.
PSA el cheapo charging handle
--- I dont' like to spend a lot of money on these maybe at the most 20-30 bucks but 100-150-200 for a charging handle eh I'll pass and save the money for a good red dot or holo. My Vlife on my go to rifle shit the bed and the red dot started wandering around the sight picture. Which kinda sucks It was a good sight, had a little red lazer on the side of it for extra cool guy points, but after about 400 rounds it finally lost zero. Same with my Dagger Defense. My Burrell is holding up so far, and so is this other chinese no name brand. Eh, buy nice or buy twice. So I got about two hundred and fifty dollars of dead red dots and I could have had one nicer one for another 100 bucks. Ech live and learn.

finished in OD green.

Basically I took the $335 PSA upper, took off the M1 handguards and front sightblock and installed a low profile gasblock with new handguard.

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
sugar wilson.jpg

Wilson Combat 20" Super Sniper. LOL SS mutha fucka.
Wilson Combat uppers are proprietary so the best you can do for a DPMS upper is get a WC barrel and BCG. I've got a PSA BCG in it now so it can be used. Waiting on a WC NiBo BCG but they need 18 months to get it to me.
CMC 3lbs trigger and Strike Industries muzzle brake.
Dagger Defense collapsible sights
Presma floating handguard.
Standard CMC lower hardware and Magpul furniture.
Charging handle is the run of the mill bargain basement no name brand. Generally, this is the part which I think you can skimp on with no real disadvantage but if you want to spend 200 bucks on a charging handle knock yourself out.

All in parkerized/battlefield grey.

Not sure on how I'm going to optic this, red dot + 4-6Xmag or straight 6X scope.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
View attachment 19073
Wilson Combat 20" Super Sniper. LOL SS mutha fucka.
Wilson Combat uppers are proprietary so the best you can do for a DPMS upper is get a WC barrel and BCG. I've got a PSA BCG in it now so it can be used. Waiting on a WC NiBo BCG but they need 18 months to get it to me.
CMC 3lbs trigger and Strike Industries muzzle brake.
Dagger Defense collapsible sights
Presma floating handguard.
Standard CMC lower hardware and Magpul furniture.
Charging handle is the run of the mill bargain basement no name brand. Generally, this is the part which I think you can skimp on with no real disadvantage but if you want to spend 200 bucks on a charging handle knock yourself out.

All in parkerized/battlefield grey.

Not sure on how I'm going to optic this, red dot + 4-6Xmag or straight 6X scope.
Did you serve in the Gulf War?

Top Bottom