Ain't that a kick in the neck

Gert7

Ediot
Reaction score

Police in England are investigating the death of former NHL player Adam Johnson, who died in what his team described as a "freak accident" during Saturday's game.

The Nottingham Panthers, who play in England's Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL), announced Sunday that Johnson died after his throat was cut by a skate blade during a collision in Saturday's game against the Sheffield Steelers. Johnson was 29.

Johnson received emergency treatment on the ice before being taken to Sheffield's Northern General Hospital. Nearly 8,000 fans at Sheffield's Utilita Arena were asked to leave the building because of what the Panthers announced as a "major medical emergency."

South Yorkshire Police announced Monday that "officers remain at the scene carrying out enquiries and our investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident remain ongoing."

The EIHL postponed all of its games Sunday but has not announced plans for its next slate of games Wednesday.

Johnson appeared in 13 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins over parts of two seasons from 2018 to 2020, scoring one goal and registering four assists. He spent parts of three seasons with the Penguins' AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and also played for the AHL affiliates of the Los Angeles Kings and Philadelphia Flyers.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
like the referee said, quote; "ain't that a hole in the john"

Gert7

Ediot
Reaction score

JUST IN: The family of hockey player Adam Johnson who got slashed in the neck by a skate, is furious at Matt Petgrave for Johnson's death. Kari Johnson, the aunt, called Petgrave's actions "reckless" and said she wants "justice" for what happened to her nephew.

"It was very reckless. I just want them [police] to get it right. We are looking for justice for Adam."

"You don't take your leg and kick somebody and cut their throat. I'm sorry. We were watching the game in real time and we did witness what happened. Horrific is the word to describe."

"My nephew was 6-feet tall, and whether you lost your balance or not, to have that leg come up that high and do a kicking motion like he did, that is just unacceptable. I think the actions were unnecessary. It was just unnecessary. Nobody touched him. I've watched that video hundreds of times."

"I'm sure Mr. Petgrave probably didn't even think about the consequences could be of that happening, but there comes a time when you have to realize, that's not hockey."

"He took our boy. There are a few of us in the family that think it was a totally unnecessary, very, very bad action to take." Kari Johnson also spoke out about how Johnson's parents are coping with the incident. "As far as his dad, my brother, he's just been a mess. Along with Adam's grandma and Adam's brother and myself."

"I would have to say his mother has probably been the strongest of us. But I don't know deep down inside if she's in shock or crying when she's alone. She's just been very strong."

Wow.

Whoa they didn't immediately post a hostage video apologizing to the killer & disavowing racism

Feels like a vibe shift

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Im not familiar enough with hockey to know if ramming your razor sharp ice skate into someones face is legal or not.

Top Bottom