Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
K. It's only twenty dollars. Why risk a 400 dollar mobo or a 800 cpu?
Because im not building computers all the time and honestly as long as you dont wear socks and you build on top of your mboard box you shouldnt have these issues

Tbh tho he honestly has no idea what hes doing and didnt even say how exactly the board is defective

He probably didnt plug in the cpu power or some dumb shit like that

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Because im not building computers all the time and honestly as long as you dont wear socks and you build on top of your mboard box you shouldnt have these issues

Tbh tho he honestly has no idea what hes doing and didnt even say how exactly the board is defective

He probably didnt plug in the cpu power or some dumb shit like that
The static bracelet is not to only prevent static from shocking the hardware, it prevents the hardware's natural static charge discharging in a rapid manner. Dunno. If you don't want to wear one more power to ya.

If he gooped the compound on the pins he could have shorted the fucking chip. I mean it's Ben here. It's often pretty accurate to assume the worst.

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
if I try to start up windows or Linux (separate drives) it instantly shuts off and won't turn on again until I turn the PSU off and on
Doesnt really sound like a faulty motherboard

If he gooped the compound on the pins he could have shorted the fucking chip
Lol thermal paste is non conductive, for that exact reason

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
Plugged in my 1050 ti and 2013 generic PSU and
Fuck redragon
Never change more than one component at a time when troubleshooting

Also i could have solved this a lot faster for you if you didn't go straight to deciding it was a faulty board despite clearly having no idea what youre doing

Top Bottom