Der Pig

Ediot
Reaction score
Do you guys think this is a good deal?

No Quence, obviously a laptop that cost at least 4k is the most ideal. But be careful, sometimes laptops come with a thing called "system32" that lowers performance. You have to manually search and delete it.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Damn, wish you took them. I would have paid you for them.
Yeah, no.
I got a bit excited at first since they were quite new servers, but as mentioned they are old legacy hardware supplied new in the recent past.
Picking them up would be a two hour round trip and I just could not be arsed

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
looking for a new laptop
looking at this
open to suggestions
Luggable gaming toaster. If gaming on the go (not that far from an outlet, this thing will burn through the battery in 20-30 minutes at full tilt judging by battery and hardware) is your priority, then this slab will do. Expect it to sound like a hovercraft as it makes you temporarily infertile if you do any AAA gaming with it on your lap.
Screen has poor colour reproduction, not that unusual for high refresh rate monitors. Cheaped out on details like the webcam, so I'd expect other compromises.
Overall 5/10
@dropdatwat might score it quite differently though.

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score
I would advise against this

I don't know anything about computers but two of my friends both dropped like 2 bands on a decent gaming laptop and both broke after like 2 years
thats about how old mine is rn and i feel like its on the way out

Luggable gaming toaster. If gaming on the go (not that far from an outlet, this thing will burn through the battery in 20-30 minutes at full tilt judging by battery and hardware) is your priority, then this slab will do. Expect it to sound like a hovercraft as it makes you temporarily infertile if you do any AAA gaming with it on your lap.
Screen has poor colour reproduction, not that unusual for high refresh rate monitors. Cheaped out on details like the webcam, so I'd expect other compromises.
Overall 5/10
@dropdatwat might score it quite differently though.
will it run the new diablo and red dead 2

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
why not buy a computer

I just set up email notifications for sales on Newegg and bought a pre-built on flash sale and it's been great. You can upgrade later on if you're a nerd/faggot

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score
why not buy a computer

I just set up email notifications for sales on Newegg and bought a pre-built on flash sale and it's been great. You can upgrade later on if you're a nerd/faggot
idk what the numbers mean whats an i9

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score

will it run the new diablo and red dead 2
I'd say so. RDR2 is quite aged by now and you can run it fine on a lot less powerful hardware, and Blizzard never really push the limits of hardware - they want quantity of players, not the hardware enthusiasts.
i9 is the higher tier of Intel consumer processors, just think more cores and higher base/boost frequencies these days.

I'm personally not a fan of gaming laptops, but if I were considering something like this I would like to know how easily you could clean out the cooling solution seeing as it has to push a lot of air to keep the CPU/GPU combo cool.
More airflow, more particulate dust. If you can clean it with a PH0 screwdriver and a can of compressed air then that's a clear benefit. Cleaned out red bull out of a recent Lenovo Legion a while ago that required the removal of 15-20 screws and vigorous jiggling with spudgers, guitar picks and tools with eldritch names only known to technomancers just to gain access. Five minute job on a business Fujitsu, 45 minutes skilled labour on the gaming toaster.
Hands on review and teardown if available would be great.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
looking for a new laptop
looking at this
open to suggestions
Do you really need a colourized keyboard?

Sneed

Camel Sock
Reaction score
Finally got my ass one of these "monitors" to replace my TV
I, and by association, my body, is ready for 4K gaming now

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
Why is it so cheap lol
it's a subcompany of GIGABYTE so basically the very lowest shelf of gaming stuff that aren't noname chinese shit, but instead are brand name chinese shit

NEDGERB4LYFE

Newfag
Reaction score
I got a nice razer headset, loving the 7.1 surround sound. I need to update my PC soon, My hardrive is slowly failing and a Sabertooth x58 with a intel core i7-960 and 12GB of DDR3 RAM doesn't cut it anymore.

JordanLess

BANNED
Reaction score
Hey Lovecraft, thanks for sharing your insights about computer hardware and gaming! It's true that newer games like Diablo and Red Dead Redemption 2 can be quite demanding on hardware, but it's reassuring to know that these titles can run well on a variety of setups, even ones that aren't the latest and greatest.

You made an interesting point about gaming laptops and the importance of easy cleaning for the cooling system. Keeping components cool is essential for smooth gameplay, and having a user-friendly way to clean out dust and debris can definitely prolong the life of a laptop.

Also, I'd personally recommend checking out these cheap windows keys. There you can find some cheap keys that can save you a lot of time and money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom