Driving.

Viril.Feline.Wyyzrd

smarter than moonrunes
Reaction score
......and what exactly do you enjoy about driving that
[/QUOTE|
That it drives...
and it looks cooler.
It doesn't have a cd player. which sucks cause I have a bunch of dvds that I bought, and now I can't play them, but that's pretty much all cars now.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I like the basic task of driving but actual driving here entails waiting a lot at traffic lights and for slow retards to fuck off. And I hate that.
When Im not in a hurry sometimes I enjoy it but trying to get through dodging slow idiots on the freeway in the morning or getting caught in a traffic jam is not enjoyable
I am one of those slow drivers, unless a freak behind me is pushing me to the speed limit. Usually drive 5mph under.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Used to love driving around just to have a drive around until I was in my mid twenties. Now it is a chore like any other. Been thinking about picking up a twenty year old (veteran) cheap secondary roadster just to tinker with for the fun of it, but I'd rather spend that cash on a decent tractor or articulated loader tbh.

raptor_j

Dramacrat
Reaction score
got my loicense at the end of september for the first try because the inspector was still drunk from last night
asked me to take him back without even parking properly cause he needs to vomit :rolleyes:
It stresses me out a lot
gradually stopped shitting my pants, one thing that helped was trying automatic and the other was booze, teacher offered me xanax on exam day
also a little bit of 'they also don't want to die or do the paperwork'
slow retards
whenever i run into slow retards with a passenger i play a game. i make bets on their age (70, 80 or 90) and we're going to find out no matter what

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Do you enjoy it? It stresses me out a lot. A lot more than most people, I think. Is that normal?
Some people just don't like it.
I love rolling my windows down n slamming the gas pedal to the floor n tearing thru the salt flats in West Texas on a clear day with music blasting.
Hate that 5-0 has decided to finally start patrolling there but imma buy a radar detector n see if I can't avoid them better.

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Yeah, i dont really like driving and i only have a car to get to and from work, and also to make sure i always have something to use way too much money on fixing.
Driving to work is okay, driving home from work is the absolute fucking worst.
Driving in the winter months is what drives me nuts, because you have to scrape ice in the morning immediately after getting out of bed, watch out for pedestrians and bicyclists (who now have their own snow tires and still drive in the roads) who think its a good idea to dress like ninja's when the sun is gone.

And i get short tempered as fuck as soon as i turn the key on my car, no fucking clue why. But i shout, scream, growl and bite the steering wheel like a retard.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
I love rolling my windows down n slamming the gas pedal to the floor n tearing thru the salt flats in West Texas on a clear day with music blasting.
Hate that 5-0 has decided to finally start patrolling there but imma buy a radar detector n see if I can't avoid them better.
Radar detectors/laser detectors are a waste of money unless the cops are using seriously outdated equipment. Modern kit uses such short pulses that the chance of catching the overspill from the measurement of another vehicle in time to slow down without being measured yourself is quite low seeing as multi target measuring is a widespread feature. On the other hand you will get plenty of warnings any time somebody with adaptive cruise control and half a dozen other safety and convenience features drives by you, as well as automatic doors.
LIDAR detectors are even worse off as the lasers used can be quite low powered and much more narrow beamed meaning less chance of detectable overspill.
Usually if you detect it you are too late to fo anything meaningful about it.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I enjoy driving when there is little or no traffic. I hate being a passenger in a car on a long trip - I’d much rather be the driver.

But for shorter trips I just Uber if I know traffic will be bad.

Registered

Ediot
Reaction score
speed limits are just a suggestion :)

Registered

Ediot
Reaction score
I enjoy driving when there is little or no traffic. I hate being a passenger in a car on a long trip - I’d much rather be the driver.

But for shorter trips I just Uber if I know traffic will be bad.
what do you enjoy about driving

Top Bottom