Elon shits on The Rangs of Power (We Wuz Dwarves 'n Sheeit)

umkemesik

Chicago Footjob
Reaction score
I've seen the first two episodes. I can't really tell you about the writing, because it's nonexistent. It sucks, plain and simple. Too many contradictions to list. Visually it's fine. The actors are miscast but appear to have acting ability. They are just reading off shit. Amazon should have invested their money into talented writers, and not fired the Tolkien expert.

Viril.Feline.Wyyzrd

smarter than moonrunes
Reaction score
I've seen the first two episodes. I can't really tell you about the writing, because it's nonexistent. It sucks, plain and simple. Too many contradictions to list. Visually it's fine. The actors are miscast but appear to have acting ability. They are just reading off shit. Amazon should have invested their money into talented writers, and not fired the Tolkien expert.

Man You Hate

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Lowest common denominator is getting lower and lower, as society advances. Without challenges to motivate growth, people tend to regress. So, you get more trash like this. See: here.

Man You Hate

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I challenge you to do 20 pushups
I challenge you to work back to back 65 hour weeks of hard, fast, and skilled labor. While also managing ordering and the shop. Dealing with strangers and return customers. Doing paperwork. All while not whining about your feelings.

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
I challenge you to work back to back 65 hour weeks of hard, fast, and skilled labor. While also managing ordering and the shop. Dealing with strangers and return customers. Doing paperwork. All while not whining about your feelings.
will you do 20 pushups?

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Huge Tolkien fan n I'm probably not gonna watch. Mostly cuz the source material they're drawing from is gonna be hard to put to screen (how the fuck are you gonna show the creation story of Eru with the music shifting to accompany the corruption of Morgoth on an Amazon mini series). And the personal nature of stories like Luthien and Beren for Tolkien.

Idgaf they have black actors but they fucked up if they srsly fired the Tolkien expert.

umkemesik

Chicago Footjob
Reaction score
Huge Tolkien fan n I'm probably not gonna watch. Mostly cuz the source material they're drawing from is gonna be hard to put to screen (how the fuck are you gonna show the creation story of Eru with the music shifting to accompany the corruption of Morgoth on an Amazon mini series). And the personal nature of stories like Luthien and Beren for Tolkien.

Idgaf they have black actors but they fucked up if they srsly fired the Tolkien expert.
Mee too.

The black actors weren't even that bad. I expected worse. It's everything else in between. They literally shit on the lore in order to make Galadriel something she wasn't. A Mary Sue fighting against the Patriarchy.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Welp, apparently 'cultural appropriation' isn't a thing anymore. I look forward to white actors taking the lead roles in the next Black Panther movie and Steve Carell playing the title character in the next Martin Luther King biopic. Oh and Jim Parsons should definitely get the lead role in the "Life of Lebron James" flick.

Top Bottom