Heil Hitler

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
My great-grandparents were German speakers and loved Hitler. The everyday language before WW1 where I live was German. Most Americans didn't care about Nazi Germany before Pearl Harbor.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
Why not just call yourself American

Nobody in Germany or England would see you as their culture
mutts go out of their way to feel special, in many cases it's envy because some immigrant cultures managed to preserve their cultural identity to a degree, mainly jews and italians, the irish too but only a little so those groups will often call themselves italian or jewish instead of american, because they were brought up in different culture, and american nationality isn't as strongly defined as in the old world since it's a nation of immigrants pretty much, in poland which has the national identity bound to the land as well as the blood we don't really do that, i have a friend who's 1/16th persian, my great grandfather was from slovakia but we don't really give a fuck and call ourselves polish

baka might be right to some degree with the germans tho, but it wasn't pearl harbor that did it but WWI actually, in 1915 around quarter of high school students in the states learned german, after the war it dropped below one percent and pretty much all german americans were forced to americanise, i.e changing their names from muller to miller etc.
she might be right about her great grandparents generation being raised in a culture that was much more german, and they might've been resentful about forced to give up their identity given it's PA we're talking about
but hundred years later going around saying I'M GERMAN without any connection to the land or the culture is like that one american kid who discovered his grandfather came to the states from hibernia so he started drinking guinness from the can, listening to flogging molly and saying TOP OF THE MORN TO YA to everyone
that's not true. we have the same language and legal system as the UK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relationship_(international_relations)
yeah the problem is a lot of brits hate americans, they call you yanks and think you're loud and obnoxious, which is kind of a broader european stereotype
there's even a running joke among brit right wingers calling america "colonies"

also pic related lmao
d6b.png

chuj

Reaction score
this would mean something it it wasnt being used in reference to a white person
it says a lot about american culture that race was all you saw in a meme format about how original and splinter populations develop separate cultures

chuj

Reaction score
race was the center point
in this particular instance the race of the "nu-brit" is somehow exaggerated but overall it was always about "population splits, look how different they are after couple hundreds of years", like in the original
673 (1).png

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Pennsy-dutch (German dialect n culture of German immigrants in PA) was still very much alive in the ass backwards parts of the PA mountains when I left there 4 years ago.
They have a channel on basic cable with a creepy old guy who plays polka music for hours on end.
Jolly Joe died in 2015 but they let another guy take over.
Musik-Fest has alot of PA Dutch influences too.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
Whiteness is an ever evolving thing. Irish and Italians used to not be white. Now Hispanics are white too.
Race is not a construct. How you define a word like "white" is. The white race didn't change, the meaning of the word changed, what we mean when we say "white person" in English. The category of the people belonging to the white race exists no matter what you call it. Just like if I change the definition of retard, that won't make you any more or less smart.

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
it says a lot about american culture that race was all you saw in a meme format about how original and splinter populations develop separate cultures
the spanish that went to mexico is another prime example. 100 yrs later they saw the pure spanish coming over to manage the colonies as different from them. they were ranchers n rode horseback n saw themselves as mexican
Irish are clearly white
not to the british you fuckhag.
they were treated like shit when they first emigrated here, too
there's an entire brigade of irish that defected to mexico during the mexican-american war
"white" is a term meaningless to even white people. which is why idiots like quence say shit in the russia/ukraine thread abt "russia ruining another white nation" when there's vast cultural differences between european countries

Top Bottom