i'm officially a linux user

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
lol everything's so fast now. now i can do shit like write ocaml without jumping through 500 hoops nor using a slowass vm

devanir

Newfag
Reaction score
linux is good enough if you're getting a laptop on the cheap without an operating system pre-installed

I installed ubuntu on a lenovo computer a couple of years back and my then girlfriend could not be happier with it despite her initial scepticism

a little over two years later and I hear that she is again in the market for a new laptop because a shitload of distance learning programs designed by the flying monkeys over at the ministry of education simply do not run on anything other than windows

she constantly curses the nerdy cheapskate who convinced her to buy the machine she currently has

Linux is for autists.
not exactly
from my experience, it is either actual poorfags who resort to using it and that's fair enough or douchebags who can afford proper software yet still choose to run linux on their machines as a statement of non-conformity, which is pathetic
the above types rarely use anything other than ubuntu.

there are also the super tech-savvy geeks who use obscure distros with a total userbase of a few thousand and who are obsessed with it because muh freedom (valid, yet equally pathetic) or muh privacy (as if anybody cares about their miserable existence)

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
from my experience, it is either actual poorfags who resort to using it and that's fair enough or douchebags who can afford proper software yet still choose to run linux on their machines as a statement of non-conformity, which is pathetic
the above types rarely use anything other than ubuntu.

there are also the super tech-savvy geeks who use obscure distros with a total userbase of a few thousand and who are obsessed with it because muh freedom (valid, yet equally pathetic) or muh privacy (as if anybody cares about their miserable existence)
nigger try programming on both windows and linux and tell me which is better. you cannot fucking tell me having to make an entire project in visual studio or codeblocks or whatever just to make a fucking hello world program is as simple as writing the code in a text editor, saving it, and calling the compiler in the terminal

Reaction score
nigger try programming on both windows and linux and tell me which is better. you cannot fucking tell me having to make an entire project in visual studio or codeblocks or whatever just to make a fucking hello world program is as simple as writing the code in a text editor, saving it, and calling the compiler in the terminal
.... I can code c++ and use g++ on windows effectively doing what you mentioned....

Reaction score
yeah but it's a massive pain to set that kind of shit up on windows and involves a ton of fuckery. linux is pretty much built for programming
It's like 4 minutes. And Linux built for programming? Is that why this shit crashes every 4 months? To simulate compilling?

Top Bottom