Scientists studied ‘lazy lawn mowers.’ It turns out they’re saving the bees, study finds

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Neighbors might not thank you if you cut back on mowing the lawn, but your local pollinators will. Becoming a “lazy lawn mower” and trimming the grass every two weeks, rather than weekly, can help foster vital bee habitat in suburban yards, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. More time between mowings means more lawn flowers (like clover and dandelions) have time to bloom in the yard, researchers said — and those blooming flowers can help improve struggling bee populations and increase biodiversity.

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
some chinese guy that speaks no english mows my front yard for me. hes been doing it for 6 months now and ive only paid him once lol

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
so baka n i can complain about lawnmowing boomers
Was actually about to tag you. My mom and bf gave me shit for not mowing, so I went out in the morning to mow and as I laced my shoes I saw a bunch of bees on the clover around me. Then I thought about hive collapse and how my retarded protestant work ethic neighbors mow on their riding mowers literally every day. It's like they do it to kill any chance of biodiversity.

I mow once a month now to minimize tick risk and every time I go into the garden, i see mice, toads,frogs and bees.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
People NEED to see I am a GODLY CLEANLY person who doesn't let FILTHY NASTY WEEDS grow in their yard. They are NATURAL and bad.
OMG why is food so expensive

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. I know you have more important stuff to worry about than when your neighbors cut their damn grass and how retarded they are. If your bf doesn't like how little you cut your grass just have him do it (your mom's impossible though no advice there). People take pride in trimming their lawns, its not rocket science, and this is coming from a person who hates cutting the lawn.

Jimmy Rolfe

Low Tier God's Star pupil
Reaction score
Ive cut the grass maybe once in my entire life. We have Mexican dudes who come and do that for us. Also had to pull a huge weed out of my backyard with my bare hands

Maysam

stapling tapeworms on his penis
Reaction score
People take pride in trimming their lawns, its not rocket science
it's just culture and that obviously can be changed by complaining about it on the internet.
I do agree with her though, status competition through petty shit like car size and lawn shortness is a form of degeneracy to me

Top Bottom