Spooky Experiences?

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I'm mainly looking to hear about ghosts, but if you want to post about the time your uncle got abducted by aliens for a weekend in Uranus, then go ahead. As for me, I've yet to experience anything too weird yet. The reason I started this thread, was something uncanny that I thought I saw on my way from work last night.

My ride was driving me home. We were going about 25, passing a lot of houses in the neighborhood. I'm sticking my head out the window to get cool, when I see a figure covered in a greenish, quilted blanket standing before the front door of a house. The sheet was completely covering the figure. Kind of like an oldschool ghost costume. I thought it was inanimate, but I saw the bulge of an arm moving around. Probably a logical explanation for this, but it was definitely odd. That was basically it.

Can you guys share some stories?

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
about 4 years ago while my wife and i were getting stuff out the back of the car, i heard a woman speaking into my ear. I couldnt make out any of the words, not sure if it was even in english

what i do know is that the second i heard it i went ice cold and all my hair was sticking up.......pretended nothing happened.

as i was unlocking the front door my wife says to me, "did you hear a woman a minute ago"...."yeah but i didnt want to say anything"

she described the exact same feelings to me. we were right next to each other at the time, arms touching, and she heard the woman speaking directly into her left ear while i heard it in my right ear

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
Also this happened last week

Screenshot_20210513-182918_WhatsApp.jpg

The way she described it was a deep mans voice talking to the dog trying to keep him calm

I immediately called her telling her not to go into the house until i got there because i was scared someone had broken in. She said she had a similar experience with all her hair raised on her arms and the cold feeling

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
my house is old, built in 1920s it's one of last wooden houses still standing in my town so growing up i was used to all the spooky sounds at night because entire house is always moving a little
there was one thing i could never explain tho, sometimes at night in my room i could smell this characteristic floral smell, like an old lady's perfume
later we renovated my room, put plasterboard on walls etc. and since then i experienced it only once - this year. i even talked about it in gertbox but still dunno what is the source of it, used to spook me as a child

Scumhook

Managing Account Details
Reaction score
about 4 years ago, i was DM'ing with likey's wife, and we came up with a great plan where she'd speak some chink dialect afer turning the AC up and holding a balloon near his welsh mop-like head.

turns out the lil cunt bought it so now he believes in ghosts and i'm trading dick pics & twat shots wiht his missus

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
This happened to my father in college: He and his friend were renting a house that used to belong to some old maid. Now according to him, on multiple occasions they would wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of pots, plates, and pans being moved around in the kitchen. Unfailingly, when they investigated they always found nothing amiss. Eh.

My mother claimed that on my nights after she was divorced she would wake up to the sight of a big black man standing at the foot of her bed. She decided it was a protective spirit but they way she brushed it off was amusing to hear.

In Fort Buchanan, there were some old barracks, that were repurposed as offices years later. Many people who worked well into the late hours of the night would report odd noises; drill instructors conducting marches at 3am. The unified stomping of boots as they lined up for formation in the floor above, lockers slamming closed, etc. It spooked me hearing this years later, because when I was bored as a kid I would wander into the unused barracks and explore. Never saw or heard anything tho.

lurk

Dramacrat
Reaction score
i once saw a disembodied shadow standing in a doorway one night when i was at a friend's house. a bunch of us spent the night that night. they all had the same dream of being shackled or tied up in some way and woke up the next morning on their backs with their blankets wrapped around their wrists. i on the other hand slept like a baby.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Oh. I have so many.

First. Hospital stories. I've worked Healthcare for 12 years, starting as an asswiper.
My old gig back east was haunted af. Neuro ICU there was where the shit went down. Neuro pts usually have weird brain damage issues, so they do hallucinate. But usually not about the same thing together.

One night on our neuro icu, there was a pt post bleed who kept getting up to yell at someone. When yhe nurses asked them who they were yelling at, pt said it was an Asian man in the corner, with long hair over his eyes. Nurse didn't think anything of it, pt gets better, gets sent med surg and then went home. Few weeks later, same room, 16, different pt. Pt was pretty with it, post stroke, could talk, no issues. Pt frantically starts ringing their call bell and screaming for help at like 2 am. Nurse goes in (same nurse as b4) and pt is terrified. Begs nurse to get the strange Asian man with long hair over his eyes out of their room. No one is there, but the room is cold af. Nurse calms the pt down. Tells the pt it might be delirium, pt tries to go back to sleep. Pt wakes up again, claims the creepy Asian was standing over them this time. Nurse promises to keep the lights on and watch the pt, and get them more blankets, cuz the room is cold. Nurse watches the pt from her station outside the room, pt falls asleep. Suddenly, pt goes apniec (stops breathing) and their heart stops. Code is initiated but pt doesn't make it.

My unit, ecmo icu/medical icu trauma overflow had a super sick guy whose family made us keep him alive for months cuz they wanted his disability checks. Really sad case. Guy finally dies after begging us to let him go. He hurt bad. We got ethics involved and the agreement was to let him go on hospice.
Few weeks after he passes, the monitor in that room would turn on mysteriously. Then the call bell would go off. I worked with a very superstitious Jamaican lady who went into the room and said "OK Fred, you can go now, it's ok" (not pts real name but she used his real name irl) and the shit stopped happening.

Here in Texas, oh there's alot more spooky stuff.

chuj

Reaction score
This happened to my father in college: He and his friend were renting a house that used to belong to some old maid. Now according to him, on multiple occasions they would wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of pots, plates, and pans being moved around in the kitchen. Unfailingly, when they investigated they always found nothing amiss. Eh.

My mother claimed that on my nights after she was divorced she would wake up to the sight of a big black man standing at the foot of her bed. She decided it was a protective spirit but they way she brushed it off was amusing to hear.

In Fort Buchanan, there were some old barracks, that were repurposed as offices years later. Many people who worked well into the late hours of the night would report odd noises; drill instructors conducting marches at 3am. The unified stomping of boots as they lined up for formation in the floor above, lockers slamming closed, etc. It spooked me hearing this years later, because when I was bored as a kid I would wander into the unused barracks and explore. Never saw or heard anything tho.
after my grandpa died my grandma, mom and aunt used to hear walking sounds in their flat. it continued until they threw off my grandpa's slippers. idk if that was grief playing tricks on their senses or paranormal shit is real

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
after my grandpa died my grandma, mom and aunt used to hear walking sounds in their flat. it continued until they threw off my grandpa's slippers. idk if that was grief playing tricks on their senses or paranormal shit is real
I think there's some merit to the idea of paranormal phenomena. One popular theory is that certain materials "record" events and play them when certain conditions are met. Maybe your grandpa's shoes were haunted lol.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
Ok got one from my paramedic whose SO used to work fire at Ft Bliss.

Station 1 at Bliss, there's a room upstairs on the other side of the bunk room that's called the Captain's room. No one wants to sleep there. My medics SO decided to sleep in it instead of sleeping in the bunk room with the rest of the monkeys. He gets into bed next to the wall, with his arm wrapped around his pillow. Just as he's about to drift off, he feels the pillow being pulled away from him. Dude jumps out of bed and watches as the pillow get pulled up the wall. He runs out of the room and several of the firefighters were still up. He asked them wtf.

One of the other firefighters told him there was a lady use to be a firefighter at that station. She died of a heart attack at the station years ago. Now she haunts it. She liked to steal pillows and blankets, but if you tell her that you're on duty and need to sleep she will leave you alone.

Dude went back and got into bed, and felt his blanket getting pulled. So he did like the other guys suggested n said "ma'am I got duty I need to sleep." It stopped then.

The building next door where they kept their trucks was haunted too. One time ths lights on the second floor came on and off randomly, place was locked up so the firefighters next door called the MPs to check for an intruder. MPs came out with a canine unit and could hear someone running upstairs. Mps call out, no one answers. So they try to send the dog up into the second floor. Dog cowers, refuses to move.

The alarms will randomly go off in that building too. But as long as there's no smoke, no one wants to go in and check it out.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
This one is more recent: When I was working at my old job in a Mexican restaurant, one of my managers bought a house for his baby mama. He thought that it was a crazy good deal for the area. He assumed that the low price was because needed a lot of work done to it, which it did; several rooms needed to be painted, glass windows had to be refitted, etc. So when he's got time off he goes and works on the house making improvements here and there. He always brings a portable radio just to make it less boring.

As he's painting one of the rooms, he hears what he thinks is people having a muted conversation in the next room over. Naturally he assumed the radio was to blame, but as it continued and he lowered the volume a bit, the voices continued at the same volume. Guy's pretty levelheaded, so he goes to investigate. As soon as he steps out into the hallway, it stops. He goes into the room where he thought it had originated, but there wasn't anything unusual. He checks the windows thinking it might be people outside, but the house is pretty isolated from it's neighbors and its close to 11pm. He thinks it might be his imagination of course, so he takes a break, takes a shit yada yada.

Refreshed, he goes back to work painting the room, when the voices resumed. He gets freaked out and leaves for the night. He comes back and tries to ignore it; he turns up the volume, which does block out the weird noises sure, but he still keeps thinking about it. He stopped working late into the night, leaving by 6pm at the latest. Eventually, word got around in the restaurant, and one of the waitresses, who was a Catholic, suggests he should get the house blessed.

Not much else to tell, apparently (and according to him) the voices stopped and I think they still live in it. The house was dirt cheap, because there had been a murder in it. Heh, typical.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
This one is more recent: When I was working at my old job in a Mexican restaurant, one of my managers bought a house for his baby mama. He thought that it was a crazy good deal for the area. He assumed that the low price was because needed a lot of work done to it, which it did; several rooms needed to be painted, glass windows had to be refitted, etc. So when he's got time off he goes and works on the house making improvements here and there. He always brings a portable radio just to make it less boring.

As he's painting one of the rooms, he hears what he thinks is people having a muted conversation in the next room over. Naturally he assumed the radio was to blame, but as it continued and he lowered the volume a bit, the voices continued at the same volume. Guy's pretty levelheaded, so he goes to investigate. As soon as he steps out into the hallway, it stops. He goes into the room where he thought it had originated, but there wasn't anything unusual. He checks the windows thinking it might be people outside, but the house is pretty isolated from it's neighbors and its close to 11pm. He thinks it might be his imagination of course, so he takes a break, takes a shit yada yada.

Refreshed, he goes back to work painting the room, when the voices resumed. He gets freaked out and leaves for the night. He comes back and tries to ignore it; he turns up the volume, which does block out the weird noises sure, but he still keeps thinking about it. He stopped working late into the night, leaving by 6pm at the latest. Eventually, word got around in the restaurant, and one of the waitresses, who was a Catholic, suggests he should get the house blessed.

Not much else to tell, apparently (and according to him) the voices stopped and I think they still live in it. The house was dirt cheap, because there had been a murder in it. Heh, typical.
Motherfucker needs a Limpia on that house fosho. Burn some sage n crack an egg

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
This happened not long ago when I was in college. Me and a couple of other sorority girls decided to meet up with some friends at a lakeside campsite. That campsite was somewhat notorious because about 10 years previous a row boat close to shore had capsized and 4 people drowned. None of them could swim. None of them were wearing flotation devices. And all of them were negroes.

On this particular evening, we arrived at the campsite and went to store our stuff in the tent area which was away from the campfire and shrouded in darkness due to thick cloud cover. We had to use flashlights just to see where we were walking. As we neared the tents, we could hear a rustling sound. And then the whispering began.

Needless to say, we were a bit freaked out. The whispering didn’t sound like a language we were familiar with and then we heard someone or something laughing. We were standing in front of our tent and the sound was coming from the treeline about 25 metres away. We scanned the area with our flashlights but didn’t see anything unusual.

Then, the clouds suddenly parted and we were bathed in moonlight. The mysterious whispering seemed to increase. We freaked and turned to run back to where everyone was at the campfire. And that’s when we saw them: they emerged from the inky darkness of the treeline.

At first, all we could make out were white eyes and teeth. I could feel my skin crawl. Were these the apparitions I had heard stories about but never believed? Were they going to grab and take us down to the murky depths of the lake? We were frozen with fear.

But then these things stepped into the moonlight and we could see what they were and it was worse than we could have imagined! They were 3 of your typical feral negro urban ‘yoofs’ that some misguided limpwristed liberal charity thought would benefit from “being in nature”. Their campsite was next to ours.

Their names were something like DeVinyl, D’Brickashaw, and LaCroshinious. And on their return to nature they were spending their time spying on ‘dem whyte wimminz. Their hard-to-understand language was modern urban ebonics and the hooting and hollering they’re so fond of commenced with vigour once we made eye contact with them.

So we fled. We ran back to the campsite and told everyone about our encounter. The guys got up and sprinted to the tents worried about everyone’s stuff because.....negroes. The negroes were gone, but 2 guys remained with the tents all night because......negroes.

The next day, we saw a groidle of negroes playing in the shallow water - going no further than knee deep in the lake - and we suggested that they take a row boat out on the water. No, you don’t need to know how to row. Yes, it’s very safe. No, it doesn’t matter if you can’t swim. And Yes, there is free grape drank, free weed, and free KFC that someone stored in a cooler right in the middle of the lake - it’s difficult to see until you get there.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I don't know the full details for this one, since I was a kid at the time and I heard the story third-hand.

It was rumored that somewhere deep in the mountains there was a place called the 'House of Laughter'. Basically an abandoned villa being taken over by the jungle. Now I'm not sure how often or when exactly this happened but it was said that if you approached the place you would start to hear laughter. Not just light chuckles mind you. Full blown, belly bursting laughter, from multiple people, like a recorded stage audience for sitcoms. It would never stop.

They said that if you ventured inside, to try and find the source you would never be seen again.Probably bullshit, but that's how it goes with local folklore.

chuj

Reaction score
I don't know the full details for this one, since I was a kid at the time and I heard the story third-hand.

It was rumored that somewhere deep in the mountains there was a place called the 'House of Laughter'. Basically an abandoned villa being taken over by the jungle. Now I'm not sure how often or when exactly this happened but it was said that if you approached the place you would start to hear laughter. Not just light chuckles mind you. Full blown, belly bursting laughter, from multiple people, like a recorded stage audience for sitcoms. It would never stop.

They said that if you ventured inside, to try and find the source you would never be seen again.Probably bullshit, but that's how it goes with local folklore.
i heard lots of stories like that growing up in the countryside, they're mostly bullshit like someone's grandpa coming back home and seeing the devil and devil attacking him, which totally wasn't grandpa getting drunk and coming up with a retarded story to cover up why he's home late and covered with bruises. other stories are just boring and similar to the one you told earlier: youg couple moves to an old house, sees some weird shit, discover that something is not right about the house (most popular story in my city mentions house built on an old graveyard.),then parson blesses the house and everything comes back to normal.

there's one story that stands out from the others tho. for a little cultural background you need to know that us catholics love our little wayside shrines, we put them all over the countryside for many different reasons: be it roadside crosses marking places of horrible accidents, shrines placed for protection in areas that were considered to be cursed, bigger shrines historically used as places of gathering and prayer for people unable to attend service, shrines built as a thank you etc. there are also shrines built out of remorse and guilt, and the story is about one of them.
during world war I, so called great war, my region was part of the mighty Austro-Hungary, fortunately my city saw very little action during that conflict although some local folks were recruited into kaiser's army and military transports were a common sight. one of those transports was a single Austrian officer, dunno if he was a local or a poor soul from another part of Habsburg Empire, the only thing about him we know for sure is that he carried payment for the troops stationed nearby. local farmer who's name remains unknown decided to murder the officer and take money for himself, he buried him in the forest, near the road where he killed him. used the money to get rich and years later out of remorse built a wayside shrine so that soul of the officer can rest at peace, some people say at night you can still see the ghost of unfortunate soldier haunting place of his death

the best part is the story's real, the shrine is still hanging from a very old tree and it looks like it was made before second world war and most local historians agree someone murdered an austro hungarian officer around my city. as for paranormal part of the story i've never seen the ghost myself by maybe someday when i wander through that forest road at night i will

Top Bottom