umkemesik

Chicago Footjob
Reaction score
gun2.jpg

Today SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) overturned Roe v. Wade;

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has ended constitutional protections for abortion that had been in place nearly 50 years in a decision by its conservative majority to overturn Roe v. Wade. Friday's outcome is expected to lead to abortion bans in roughly half the states.

The decision, unthinkable just a few years ago, was the culmination of decades of efforts by abortion opponents, made possible by an emboldened right side of the court that has been fortified by three appointees of former President Donald Trump.

The ruling came more than a month after the stunning leak of a draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito indicating the court was prepared to take this momentous step.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE;

Yesterday they also overturned a dumb New York gun law which basically made it hard to get a gun unless you were connected or going to shoot white people with it;

In a 6-3 decision released on Thursday, the Court struck down New York’s “proper-cause” requirement for a concealed-carry license, which mandated that residents show an exceptional need for such a license.

California, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island all have similar laws on the books that may face challenges as to their constitutionality, multiple outlets noted following the Court ruling.

“These states have to come into compliance, or we will force them to,” Gun Owners of America lawyer Stephen D. Stamboulieh told the New York Times on Friday.
Sauce;

Viril.Feline.Wyyzrd

smarter than moonrunes
Reaction score
View attachment 41605

Today SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) overturned Roe v. Wade;

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE;

Yesterday they also overturned a dumb New York gun law which basically made it hard to get a gun unless you were connected or going to shoot white people with it;

Sauce;

And this all can't go in the US Politics thread Because?

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
Been ride or die on states rights for 20 years now, so I can't complain. I enjoy my legal weed, which, like abortion, is not explicitly guaranteed to me by the constitution, so gotta roll with it. On the bright side, this will be great for shithole leftist-gulag states like California, who are experiencing negative population growth as people flee from them. As a perpetually poor person (have lived my entire life from paycheck to paycheck basically, with less than 1k in the bank), even I have found the time and money to flee two states whose policies I disliked now.

Not sure why people are relying on the very changeable unelected black-robe-9 to interpret the 9th amendment to guarantee something it does not explicitly mention anyway, under a spurious interpretation of a "right to privacy" which was seen as legalese gymnastics at the time it was decided. Plenty of states in the last 50 years had intelligent, foresighted people in favor of abortion who pushed through legislation at that level enshrining its protection.

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
So droppy won't be able unleash the fire and war he wants on his enemies?
🤷‍♂️ it's a good legal question. There will be efforts from both sides in both the statehouse and the courts. Lawyers at thinktanks and policy lobbies are already working in overdrive in both directions to either skirt the language of the ruling and craft a restrictive law through a loophole, and on the other side to preempt such loopholes and curtail those arguments. There is still a great deal of dust to settle on this one.

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
bitches crying because they cant fuck niggers then abort the abominations they created.
Some old bag that will never need another abortion: ILLIGITIMATE!
Young thots that are almost certainly safe from anti abortion legislation in DC: YEAH! WHATEVER THAT MEANS! WE DON'T HAVE CIVICS COURSES ANYMORE!

Doesn't seem shrill, stupid, or ridiculous at all :rolleyes:

Top Bottom