Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Now there is no british manufacturing, thanks saint margaret
Wrong. There IS British manufacturing, but it tends to be of the technical and higher end of that sector and many fewer people work in it than they would have worked in other types of manufacturing.

And you can thank the lousy, corrupt, marxist and industry wrecking unions for hollowing out broad based manufacturing in Britain.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
Ok. I suppose. I just envision the black death as the beginning of the end of the monarchs. I still am not sure what you meant initially
explain how, nobody even questioned the divine right of kings before reformation begun and the idea remained very niche until the so called "enlightenment"

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
explain how, nobody even questioned the divine right of kings before reformation begun and the idea remained very niche until the so called "enlightenment"
Magna carta

chuj

Reaction score
Magna carta
as always anglos destroying everything good about europe
still, there's a long way between right to protest laws to "ni dieu ni maitre". you're thinking about monarchy in the absolutist sense which wasn't a popular concept for majority of european history, kings always had to tiptoe around different groups of interests; nobles, the church and the third estate. kings had to suck dicks of merchants and rich burghers, guilds and later hanzas had insane power over monarchs and it's been going for long before anyone decided to put words "magna" and "carta" together

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
as always anglos destroying everything good about europe
Being a retarded peasant bug person and letting the monarch gape your asshole whenever they want? Wow so based. Interesting this conversation isn't happening in French
still, there's a long way between right to protest laws to "ni dieu ni maitre". you're thinking about monarchy in the absolutist sense which wasn't a popular concept for majority of european history, kings always had to tiptoe around different groups of interests; nobles, the church and the third estate. kings had to suck dicks of merchants and rich burghers, guilds and later hanzas had insane power over monarchs and it's been going for long before anyone decided to put words "magna" and "carta" together
Divine right of kings is THE central point of absolute monarchy. It's what made the whole concept work to begin with. You're describing a society where power is between multiple groups of people with different interests which is still the case today

chuj

Reaction score
Divine right of kings is THE central point of absolute monarchy. It's what made the whole concept work to begin with. You're describing a society where power is between multiple groups of people with different interests which is still the case today
congrats you just discovered three estates
you're still arguing about absolute monarchy while i'm talking about everything that happened between charlemagne and ww1

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
congrats you just discovered three estates
you're still arguing about absolute monarchy while i'm talking about everything that happened between charlemagne and ww1
You're changing the topic. You originally said 1.) nobody questioned the divine right of kings(absolute monarchy) then it was 2.) Well absolute monarchy wasn't really a thing anyway because there were different groups of people BEFORE the magna carta was even a thing

chuj

Reaction score
You're changing the topic. You originally said 1.) nobody questioned the divine right of kings(absolute monarchy) then it was 2.) Well absolute monarchy wasn't really a thing anyway because there were different groups of people BEFORE the magna carta was even a thing
you are aware that divine right of kings existed separately from absolutism for millennia? it was used to justify absolute rule, yes but centuries before that kings would begin their title with Per Gratiam Dei (by the Grace of God)

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
Monarchs were crowned by the pope (or the next best thing if he wasn't available) so divine right to rule was taken extremely seriously back then

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
Nigga what
Products made for international markets can suffer while local production and demand still be stable.
An example is the American car industry. While relatively strong in the US, because "buy American," American cars are not received well in many other nations, and certainly not like at its peak during the late fifties and sixties.

So yes you can have manufacturing in decline, while simultaneously having a strong local demand.

Last edited:

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
you are aware that divine right of kings existed separately from absolutism for millennia? it was used to justify absolute rule, yes but centuries before that kings would begin their title with Per Gratiam Dei (by the Grace of God)

chuj

Reaction score
baka once again proves she's illiterate and can't think outside one definition she learned in school

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
what do you mean when

you'd have to name a specific country
So you don't know what time or place you're talking about?
baka once again proves she's illiterate and can't think outside one definition she learned in school
Oh kill yourself you insecure faggot. You can't even keep your shit straight for one page.

chuj

Reaction score
No. You said nobody questioned the divine right of kings before the englightenment. Then I brought up an example of that exact thing happening and you changed the topic.
at no point in the text magna carta argues against divinity of the king, as a matter of fact in the opening statement King John calls himself " Johannes Dei gracia Rex Anglie" - By the Grace of God king of England. the document was used centuries later to argue against absolutism but nobody said anything about it in the 13th century. i brought up the concept of three estates as a simple example that such leverage against king's power were common in the period.

fleacollerindustry

Pinkhairbytriggerkin
Reaction score
Oh man, the leddit thread is great and I need to share it:
* https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateCommunism/comments/twc95y/why_do_communists_support_russian_the_war/

Basically the question is "why do communists support Russia's invasion" and the responses are basically either:
* No true communist supports the war, and I'm a true comminist
* We hate America's crimes, so we side with anyone who can show them up (even if that side is committing worse crimes than America)

Jesus I didn't think these people could be more retarded. I can almost guarantee that most of these people are white, 20-30 years old and grew up upper class in urban areas.

chuj

Reaction score
Oh man, the leddit thread is great and I need to share it:
* https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateCommunism/comments/twc95y/why_do_communists_support_russian_the_war/

Basically the question is "why do communists support Russia's invasion" and the responses are basically either:
* No true communist supports the war, and I'm a true comminist
* We hate America's crimes, so we side with anyone who can show them up (even if that side is committing worse crimes than America)

Jesus I didn't think these people could be more retarded. I can almost guarantee that most of these people are white, 20-30 years old and grew up upper class in urban areas.
as a right winger i support any war because war is cool and guns are awesome and go pew pew

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Cuba is Starving its People

@minty and any other Leftist tards

Cubans took last week to the streets of Santiago, and other smaller cities on the eastern side of the island, to protest extreme food and medicine shortages and power outages. Some chanted “libertad” and “patria y vida.” The crowds mocked government officials.

In many ways it was a replay of July 11, 2021, when antigovernment protests exploded spontaneously across the island. Except this time Havana was prepared. It’s well aware of the hardship it created with its March 1 austerity package, sharply increasing food and fuel prices, and it anticipated the popular upheaval. Part of its planned response was to frame itself for international media as a kinder, gentler military dictatorship victimized by U.S. Cuba policy.
Step one was to cut off cellphone and internet signals immediately to stop the rapid dissemination of live events. Video of goons beating the tar out of unarmed civilians, as happened three summers ago during islandwide protests, would have embarrassed U.S. lawmakers like Rep. James McGovern (D., Mass.), who use their seats on Capitol Hill to argue the regime’s case against Cuba sanctions. It’s also no way to win over ethical members of Congress.

Santiago’s Communist Party boss, Beatriz Johnson, went up on a roof to “dialogue” with the public. Then she went on Cuban television claiming that the demonstrators weren’t at all at odds with her.

Dictator Miguel Diaz-Canel used Twitter to put lipstick on the pig, describing the protests in Santiago as “various people” having “expressed their dissatisfaction with the situation of electrical service and food distribution.” The dictatorship, he pledged, stands ready “to attend to the complaints of our people.”
The happy talk was designed for American consumption. On the ground in Cuba, locals told independent journalists that Ms. Johnson was met with insults and jeering. Protesters played conga rhythms as they chanted a vulgarity against Mr. Diaz-Canel. I received reports that in Santiago, El Cobre and Bayamo police went door to door to round up suspects thought to have engaged in dissent. The regime blamed the U.S. for the unrest.

Refined repression techniques and PR spin change nothing. The police state remains the same. So too does the age-old practice of using food as a weapon to control the population.
Cubans are hungrier and more desperate than at any time during the revolutionary dictatorship launched in 1959. The online newspaper Diario de Cuba reported on March 7 that the nongovernmental organization Food Monitor Program claims it has evidence of a black market for cat meat. The newspaper said that eggs, chicken, fish and beef are rarities, as is basic medication. Food often spoils because of repeated and prolonged electricity outages.

The regime could reduce the suffering if it wished. The sea around the island is filled with protein, but for most Cubans owning a boat is prohibited. Farmers could feed people but aren’t allowed to market their produce. When things got out of hand last week, suddenly trucks arrived to distribute staples like sugar and rice. What’s up with that?

U.S. policy blocks Cuba from borrowing from American banks and inhibits the international laundering of its profits from human and drug trafficking. But it doesn’t stop Havana from buying food from the U.S. Cuba is an important destination for American agricultural products.
The problem is a shortage of hard currency. Much of what Cuba is able to get its hands on is spent on bribing the military, secret police and brown-shirts to do their dirty work against civilians. The NGO Cuba Archive says it has documented 79 “deaths and disappearances attributed to the Cuban state in 2023.”

The economic pie never grows because it’s controlled by a small number of Communist Party elites. A foreign investor can easily find himself in a Cuban dungeon, as did British citizen Stephen Purvis in 2011. His crime was running a business that regime honchos wanted.

At 92, Raul Castro still holds power. There are no property rights. A “small business” reform is little more than the parceling out of the state-run companies to Castro friends and family. Those getting fat off Cuban misery include Manuel Marrero, a ruthless enforcer of the totalitarian state rumored to be waiting in the wings to succeed Mr. Diaz-Canel.
Communist Cuba once relied on the Soviet Union and later Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela to pay its bills. Both are now bust, and Cuba has reneged on billions of dollars in loans to more than 20 countries. There’s only one country of any significance that hasn’t had to eat a Cuban default in the past 65 years: the U.S.

So get ready to hear all about how the Americans are starving the Cuban people. And about how it could all be fixed if only the U.S. would change its Cuba policy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

A WSJ Article

Top Bottom