Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Do political ideologies accomplish anything in the real world? Every cultural or political development really happens due to geography and technological advancement. Politics is just window dressing. It's like how people use religion to describe how the world came to be.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
Do political ideologies accomplish anything in the real world? Every cultural or political development really happens due to geography and technological advancement. Politics is just window dressing. It's like how people use religion to describe how the world came to be.
monarchism did.

Dildo Baggins

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I dont know man, those nazis got rid of alot of rats and cockroaches.

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
I agree completely, there are still parts of China that are old school communist (I remember watching documentaries about them but can't find them because every time I Google communist China I just get weird propaganda). @minty if you have any idea what I'm talking about.
i did not find the paper i was hoping to, but i did find a paper on toy discourse about how china was conquered by britain because the toys the chinese children played with were not advanced and it's basically an analysis of a coping mechanism i can post it's interesting but not what i was looking for (there's over a thousand academic papers in there n they aren't named properly i dunno why i thought i'd find it that shit's gone)
based guns, germs, and steel enjoyer?

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
By selling off all the countries industry and assets? increasing taxes and unemployment? Sending the country into several recessions?
You must be thinking of someone else. Saint Margaret SMASHED those nation-wrecking unions which essentially were fronts for Marxist agitators, infiltrators, and fundraisers.

Due to the unions, the Limeys couldn’t produce a decent car even if their lives depended on it. They turned British manufacturing into a third world joke. And now, all of the major British auto manufacturers are owned by foreigners.

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
I had a teacher explain this book to me when I first started becoming racist around 13 and it sounded like a massive retroactive cope

Not even that the points it makes are necessarily bad it just seems like the author was also racist and wanted a convenient explanation for what can be easily explained in a naughty mindset.

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
I had a teacher explain this book to me when I first started becoming racist around 13 and it sounded like a massive retroactive cope

Not even that the points it makes are necessarily bad it just seems like the author was also racist and wanted a convenient explanation for what can be easily explained in a naughty mindset.
eh, the cool thing about history is you can blame all sorts of shit for why a thing did or did not happen... it's ackshully called "historical determinism" to pretend things were always going to end up a certain way

anyway, the toy paper for anyone who wants to read it

Attachments

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
There was also a running theory at the time when that "book" came out that the reason why African nations did not prosper was due to lack of horses.

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
i dunno why you rated that post autism when in the hitler thread you were saying ww2 was inevitable like there weren't opportunities to stop the advance before it got as far as it did (appeasement being a retarded strategy that didn't need to happen being one)

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
i dunno why you rated that post autism when in the hitler thread you were saying ww2 was inevitable like there weren't opportunities to stop the advance before it got as far as it did (appeasement being a retarded strategy that didn't need to happen being one)
Because it's true. ToV directly was a reason for Nazi Germany rising to power.

Europe was just devastate by the Great War. No one wanted to fight. Appeasement was a policy practiced by many European nations for hundreds of years. Barbary pirates?

War at that time was expensive not only in treasure but manpower. The strength of a nation depended upon manual labor, and in many countries it still does. Only with the industrial revolution did the enormous standing armies at that time cease to exist. FFS less than 1% of America enlists in the service and the overwhelming bulk of them choose non-combat roles.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
black death lasted until 1918?
Ok. I suppose. I just envision the black death as the beginning of the end of the monarchs. I still am not sure what you meant initially
i did not find the paper i was hoping to, but i did find a paper on toy discourse about how china was conquered by britain because the toys the chinese children played with were not advanced and it's basically an analysis of a coping mechanism i can post it's interesting but not what i was looking for (there's over a thousand academic papers in there n they aren't named properly i dunno why i thought i'd find it that shit's gone)

I've actually never read that book itself but I'm familiar with the ideas. What opened my eyes was just realizing i couldn't think of a cultural change in the modern US not coming from technology.

I don't understand the point of political ideologies if things just happen anyway. Isn't that what historical materialism is

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of political ideologies if things just happen anyway. Isn't that what historical materialism is
marxist historical materialism is the idea that the world you live in and its social/cultural institutions were the outgrowth of economic activity created by the mode of production (this is an expansion pack of hegelian dialectics if you want to stretch further back on the philosophy chain to research further).
ex: because we live in an economic system which centers around money being the inherent driving force of moral good (cash bail, prosperity gospel, wealthy donors buying politicians) our government and its laws are written and passed to benefit the wealthy

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
Ok. I suppose. I just envision the black death as the beginning of the end of the monarchs. I still am not sure what you meant initially
The beginning of the death of monarchy was the revolutions/uprisings which happened although out Europe in the 1840's it peaked in 1848.
I've actually never read that book itself but I'm familiar with the ideas. What opened my eyes was just realizing i couldn't think of a cultural change in the modern US not coming from technology.
I think you are confusing culture with material conformity.

I don't understand the point of political ideologies if things just happen anyway.
They don't. Political ideologies shape society and gives it a base on which to build. It sets the parameters and dictates social standards.
A current example is "bail reform." Criminals caught are released and criminals return to do what criminals do -- crime.
Isn't that what historical materialism is
Word salad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom