Top Gun II review

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
It has an 8.7 rating on IMDB which is quite good even with the usual fake ratings that accompany every movie release.

OTOH, I looked at the cast and....you guessed it....it’s filled with LOTS of ‘diversity‘ even though there has been exceedingly few well-qualified non-white Navy fighter pilots in American history.

I’ll take a pass on this woke-fest.

umkemesik

Chicago Footjob
Reaction score
It has an 8.7 rating on IMDB which is quite good even with the usual fake ratings that accompany every movie release.

OTOH, I looked at the cast and....you guessed it....it’s filled with LOTS of ‘diversity‘ even though there has been exceedingly few well-qualified non-white Navy fighter pilots in American history.

I’ll take a pass on this woke-fest.
Yes, that was one issue.

You would think the military was 50% black and latino. Annoying, but it's one of those things. Hollywierd has mandated a certain percentage of blacks to be in movies to be eligible for awards.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Yes, that was one issue.

You would think the military was 50% black and latino. Annoying, but it's one of those things. Hollywierd has mandated a certain percentage of blacks to be in movies to be eligible for awards.
It's extremely prevalent in tv advertising where there might be 1 white to 3 or 4 non-whites. I was flipping through a national clothing retailer's ad insert and there were literally only 2 white people in the whole thing - both were children.

And sometimes tv ads look like they have a white person in them at first glance, but as the scene comes into focus you realize it's yet another mystery meat creature - that ain't white.

benos

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I thought the woke crowd were going after this film.

Hater

The owner of the store
Reaction score
when maverick tells rooster its not the plane its the pilot and engages the su-57's in the old tomcat

Reaction score
Watched it the other day, literally took three bathroom breaks and it felt like I missed nothing because uhh THERE WAS BARELY A PLOT

Top Bottom