What anime are you watching

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I finished watching season 4 of Castlevania. Although I don’t consider it to be anime, per se, it does possess some anime-ish qualities. But it’s superior to anime precisely because it’s mostly NOT anime.

Anywho, it contains extreme violence. Shockingly so. But what made season 4 great were the 2 major love stories and the 1 surprising love story at the end. Ya see, love conquers all...even a wildly violent cartoon.

spog

Local paki enthusiast
Reaction score
GATE:Jietai

NGL probably the best anime i've watch in the past few years needs more black pipo thought cuz dey enemy in dis anime are relaythud to da romanz and we all knew dat da original romanz wuz black

benos

Dramacrat
Reaction score
One Punch Manga really, finally Garou turns full blown monster and we get the Garou vs Saitama fight we want too. What killed the hype? :P

Keyboard

Ediot
Reaction score
Last anime I watched was Watamote. I didn't finish it because watching it made me feel like a pedophile

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I watched "Deep Insanity: The Lost Child" or at least as much was dubbed... it was horrible.

It was like... Autism: The Anime

It was somehow even worse than Pilot Candidate but kinda on that same level.

Sort of like... fever dream anime.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I watched "Deep Insanity: The Lost Child" or at least as much was dubbed... it was horrible.

It was like... Autism: The Anime

It was somehow even worse than Pilot Candidate but kinda on that same level.

Sort of like... fever dream anime.
Plot?

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
You know that other anime that features a giant hole straight into the earth filled with magic and monsters and shit... Made In Abyss I think it's called.

Imagine that mixed with the rambling incoherent, completely disconnected plot of Pilot Candidate and... TADA!

It's like this severely autistic dude whose kinda... slow, he joins up as a recruit for this corporate entity that's "exploring" the giant hole for... resources and shit... they're really fuzzy on all that.

And there's also like regular army guys, but for some reason they just have regular weapons and they all get killed all the time to the point where... why even bring them down here with us?

And then they're not!

Like, they just "forgot" that part of the plot!

And it's like that, constantly, like it starts to setup certain plot elements... but then gets distracted and suddenly the entire plot is just... all tha'fuck over the place!

It's like the plot has ADHD.

At the current episode I'm on, episode 11... it's like... ground hog day now... like one of the characters is suddenly a really boring ripoff of Homura... or something... maybe... but like her power is... on the rag... or... we're not really sure.

It's not big on "explaining" things.

It's like weird shit keeps happening and severely autistic kid with a man child hero complex just keeps taking everything "as is" to the point where, at one point, he helps save this little girl, then in the very next episode he's ordered to assassinate the same little girl and he's just like, 'Well I guess an order is an order and as long as it helps Team Oddball... fuck it, let's shoot this bitch!'

Also, all the other "specials"... I'm not even sure what exactly makes them that, but they have like... super fancy weapons tech... which isn't really explained... ever. It's just... "there"... like fuckin Iron Man shit just popping on out of the sky, like... okay... guess that's normal.

And they're all retarded.

Literally.

There's one on the team who can't feel pain, has no concept of fear and his sexual fetish is apparently brain dissection.

Another one is a former idol who got into weird sex shit after she got older and then escaped the sex circus because... "reasons"... fuck if I know, fuck if anyone knows.

Another is like a tranny... I guess... but like... a motherly tranny... for "reasons"... *shrugs*

Another one is a manga artist... just... because. She has a prosthetic leg tho... because every character needs a gimmick. Like she joined Team Oddball just for a fancy prosthetic... keeping in mind this job has a death rate so high they treat the dead like taking out the garbage... literally.

Like, there is ~literally~ an episode where one of their best friends and squad leader DIES and... their body is just carted off like refuse and then some government like agent shows up to... take all their shit... like, okay.

And then the gang all gets over their awkward and helps to box up their dead friends stuff... which is supposed to be cathartic or... I dunno, there's like a quasi-moral lesson... maybe... an attempt!

An attempt at humanity was made... badly.

I don't think the writer could feel emotion, like maybe that was the problem, I dunno.

Shit was creepy and weird and autistic as fuck!

Quence would probably like it.

benos

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Space Dandy, if image doesn't work.

And Hybrid Hearth Magias Academy Atraxia

Nox

Newfag
Reaction score
I finished watching season 4 of Castlevania. Although I don’t consider it to be anime, per se, it does possess some anime-ish qualities. But it’s superior to anime precisely because it’s mostly NOT anime.

Anywho, it contains extreme violence. Shockingly so. But what made season 4 great were the 2 major love stories and the 1 surprising love story at the end. Ya see, love conquers all...even a wildly violent cartoon.
Netflixvania is complete fucking garbage sorry

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Netflixvania is complete fucking garbage sorry
Was Death Note any better? I was thinking about watching it just for the Ryuk scenes, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just watch a compilation of random clips of a show rather than the actual show itself.

Like Umbrella Academy... seriously, don't bother watching it, it's boring as shit, but like... there's a few good scenes... just watch the clip compilations of Number 5, you'll get the best parts of the show all at once with no filler.

Nox

Newfag
Reaction score
Was Death Note any better? I was thinking about watching it just for the Ryuk scenes, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'm reaching a point where I'd rather just watch a compilation of random clips of a show rather than the actual show itself.

Like Umbrella Academy... seriously, don't bother watching it, it's boring as shit, but like... there's a few good scenes... just watch the clip compilations of Number 5, you'll get the best parts of the show all at once with no filler.
The anime? You'll have to endure a few cringy scenes, it's a shonen after all. Also they really said fuck subtlety and accuracy with their symbolism. Animation is also pretty mediocre. If you're a fan of the manga you probably won't mind it, but I don't think it's necessarily a good adaptation. Also it's very obvious they rushed the Near/Mello arc. Then again N/M aren't really good or interesting characters to begin with anyways.

Compared to the disappointment that did nothing but fanservice, pandering, destroy whatever integrity the games' already mediocre plot had and create characters as insufferable and two dimensional as the games' (which is a big fucking accomplishment as almost none of the OG characters are fleshed out in any way whatsoever), and give us the shittiest script possible? DN is pretty much a masterpiece. The only thing good about Netflixvania was the animation. Though like I said, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you're a DN fan.

Completely agree on the UA part btw.

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
how heavy are the dumbbells you lift.png

magnet link

everything I learned about fitness I learned from anime and racists online

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I disagree. I found it to be SUPERIOR to most anime cartoons. It has much better animation than anime, in general.
I'm pretty sure I have like the polar opposite tastes to Quence, so I think I'll pass on it.

Top Bottom