BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I don't buy a new console until years after they first come out so it doesn't concern me. Good job with trolling though ;)
Look, the dude doesn't have anything better to waste his money on. Usually you waste money on women, but if there are no worthy women to waste money on, then you wind up wasting money on worthless corporate AI women.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Battletoads is a pretty fun game included with Rare Replay
Oh, did they completely remake it or something? Because the original was shit. Crazy, impossible hard... not because it needed to be, but because the play control was shit.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
bro paid several hundred dollars just to play n64 games
Why not just play them using an emulator on a computer?

N64.png

I mean, if you bought a game... why tha'fuck are you buying it AGAIN?

Didn't you ~already~ pay for this shit once? I don't know if you can understand how a SCAM works, but if you're having to repay for something that you already bought... you're fuckin up!

Also, if you're crazy stupid smart you play old N64 games with VR and you hack the camera controls to match the VR headset's motion tracker to give you a new layer of immersive gaming.

Now if they were offering stuff like THAT as an UPGRADE... sure, I can see paying for it again. Like the original Game Boy version of Link's Awakening is totally different from the 3D remake, to the point of being an entirely new game.

But if they're just "porting" shit over wholesale... no, that's a scam.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I can't lie I didn't read all that but I saw harvest moon 64 in the rom menu, respect.
The classics are fun, but Stardew Valley remains the best farm life simulator.

I always cheat the temporal mechanics tho. I'm sorry, but I can't abide temporal physics, it's just... a thing I have.

fleacollerindustry

Pinkhairbytriggerkin
Reaction score
Why not just play them using an emulator on a computer?

View attachment 92412

I mean, if you bought a game... why tha'fuck are you buying it AGAIN?

Didn't you ~already~ pay for this shit once? I don't know if you can understand how a SCAM works, but if you're having to repay for something that you already bought... you're fuckin up!

Also, if you're crazy stupid smart you play old N64 games with VR and you hack the camera controls to match the VR headset's motion tracker to give you a new layer of immersive gaming.

Now if they were offering stuff like THAT as an UPGRADE... sure, I can see paying for it again. Like the original Game Boy version of Link's Awakening is totally different from the 3D remake, to the point of being an entirely new game.

But if they're just "porting" shit over wholesale... no, that's a scam.
Emulators are fun, but there is unique feeling knowing you're playing the same game and console you played with as a kid and knowing that it'll always be console accurate.

The only other upgrade I'll pay for is upgrading your console to run on HDMI or RGB or some other high quality video format instead of RF or Composite video.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Emulators are fun, but there is unique feeling knowing you're playing the same game and console you played with as a kid and knowing that it'll always be console accurate.

The only other upgrade I'll pay for is upgrading your console to run on HDMI or RGB or some other high quality video format instead of RF or Composite video.
I apparently had a very different experience growing up with video games.

I could never care less about the mechanics of a game, unless they were just outright terrible. I never played video games to "compete". I know that was a big thing for some people, competing scores and shit, speed running, whatevs... that's not how theater kids play video games.

To me video games were like exploring muses. We'd rent new video games every week looking for new experiences and we'd invent stories.

We'd make shit up! Based on the incoherent little pixels and crap! It was actually nice that they were so low resolution because it left EVERYTHING up to the imagination!

We would make shit up based on the pixels and then we'd go outside and play in the woods and shit with wooden swords.

We had this whole made up video game based on a bunch of other games that we played a lot called "Plant Wars".

It was based on the idea of "zombie plants" coming to life and then attacking humans.

We even invented "bosses" for the game. Like this plant puppeted scarecrow with guns! D:

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score

fpga master race checking in

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
The xbox is just a sff pc using pc hardware and running Windows
All consoles are based off of computer hardware, obviously, with a few proprietary bits here and there . It's the software coded specifically for Xbox or Playstation that makes the difference. In terms of the Xbox system, it's always had superior matchmaking for multiplayer. And console controllers don't always work that well with PCs. I hate using mouse and keyboard for gaming.

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
It's the software coded specifically for Xbox or Playstation that makes the difference
What software

In terms of the Xbox system, it's always had superior matchmaking for multiplayer.
Xbox and pc are crossplay online

And console controllers don't always work that well with PCs
What decade are you talking about. Xbox controllers have just been plug and play usb controllers for the last 20 years

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
He didnt say you bought them you retard hes talking about you buying an xbox to play 30 year old games
Yes of course the sole reason I got it was to play 30+ year old games

Which is pretty funny considering games that are 10+ years old are still far better than 90% of anything recent

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
i'm glad i pirated that piece of shit
I'm glad I instantly recognized the default stench of Unreal Engine and knew not to even bother pirating it.

Seriously, when every game looks like the same game with just slightly different reskinning... it gets old. Real fast.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Nigga why the fuck do you care what I'm playing how about you mind your own business, queer
Someone pointing out your stupidity with money isn't the same as someone trying to control what you do with your money.

But apparently that's the insinuation you're implying... probably because there's someone in your life who tries to control your spending habits with words and they just touched a nerve.

Who tries to steal your money with words? Who is it? Is it someone in your family? I bet it is. I bet you're an unconscious enabler!

Top Bottom