why are PC ports censored for the M rating

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
they don't have to play by the "no AO" rule they do when releasing on consoles, so why the fuck do companies always bother censoring for the M rating when they could be making PC versions further definitive by having totally uncut sex and violence? fucking bullshit

lurk

Dramacrat
Reaction score
they don't have to play by the "no AO" rule they do when releasing on consoles, so why the fuck do companies always bother censoring for the M rating when they could be making PC versions further definitive by having totally uncut sex and violence? fucking bullshit
leftover 'habit' from the time games were primarily sold in big box stores. walmart would gladly sell you an R movie but dont you dare think about putting that T or M rating on the shelf.

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
leftover 'habit' from the time games were primarily sold in big box stores. walmart would gladly sell you an R movie but dont you dare think about putting that T or M rating on the shelf.
This, but I would add in that it is also not too late in the day for some company to be the next target of a media storm ala San Andreas, Manhunt, or the one where you play an incel on a murder spree. I'd argue, however, that in this case there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Then again, Rockstar is woke now, and GTAVI will offend exactly nobody, with the exception of people who are offended that game has become one of the parodies of liberal culture they had on the radio in their older games.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
i'm talking about the vidya equivalent to NC-17 which has nothing to do with whatever the fuck you're talking about

lurk

Dramacrat
Reaction score
i'm talking about the vidya equivalent to NC-17 which has nothing to do with whatever the fuck you're talking about
these are the ratings given by the ESRB, the rating authority here in the US. i know you're not european, ben, so im not going to bother bringing those up.

do i need to get my crayons out? you better not start eating them.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
imagine living in a country that gives a fuck about video game ratings
lol most americans don't; nearly all the other boys in my kindergarten class were trying to find bigfoot in san andreas. you eurofags on the other hand get the (already-censored) american versions at best, and if you're unlucky you get even more censorship on top unless you pirate the american version

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
eurofags on the other hand get the (already-censored) american versions
false
true for germany i guess but it highly depends i remember boobs in jappy games and especially citizen kabuto sparkling controversy because the siren lady was topless

walter_spencer_1488

Mexican Animal Abuser
Reaction score
so why the fuck do companies always bother censoring for the M rating when they could be making PC versions further definitive by having totally uncut sex and violence?
Because of those Out-of-touch those boomers and Concerned-ass parents decited to "ban that game" or something worse.

Then again, Rockstar is woke now, and GTAVI will offend exactly nobody, with the exception of people who are offended that game has become one of the parodies of liberal culture they had on the radio in their older games.
Rockstar Games went CUCKED BY THE WOKE MANIACS

Top Bottom