Does money bring happiness?

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
Money can make you happy. Though most people who have money only get that way by working 80 hour weeks and actually hate their life and are very bitter people

I dont make a lot of money but i have a fairly comfortable stress free life + im still in my 20s so im generally only going to make even more money

ASSBLONKER

GORILLA PIMP
Reaction score
I know it is relaxing to not worry about paying bills or having debt. I’m a minimalist, I own very little more than I need to get by. I grew up with money and never really thought about it until recently. People I know with money have way more stress and hostility than broke ass niggas I know. I’m house sitting for my brother this weekend.. he lives in a 5000sf home and drives a 80k Audi.
Can’t remember the last time I saw him laughing.
NOT PER SE BUT IT BRINGS STABILITY AND SAFETY WHICH IN TURN ALLOWS U 2 BE HAPPY LOLL.... U CANT BE HAPPY IF U LIVING IN A FCKIN SHACK WITH MAD SHIT LEAKIN THRU THE ROOF & YOU HUNGRY LOL....! BROKE ASS HOME BOYS MAKE U THINK THEYRE CHILLIN THRU LIFE BUT IN REALITY THEY LIVING LIKE ASS
ALSO THERES THE FACTOR OF BITCHES LOVING BALLERS SO U GET PUNANI TOO WHICH IS BIG BONUS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION :)

ASSBLONKER

GORILLA PIMP
Reaction score
I MUST ADD.... POOR PPL HATE RICH PPL IN THE SAME SENSE THAT DWEEBS HATE PPL WITH MUSCLES AND SHIT. THIS IS SOME SERIOUS CRAB IN A BUCKET MENTALITY IN MY OPINION "NOO U DONT NEED TO BE X IN ORDER TO BE Y" <--- ALWAYS SOME BUM ASS NIGGA WHO DOESNT HAVE "X"..... KINGS BEWARE OF THESE CLOUT DEMONS!

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
Dont you have rental agencies in your country
Yeah but that can only cover so much. What happens when you have a tenant who won't leave? Or a tenant who won't pay? The laws haven't caught up to all of this believe it or not. It's a lot harder to just boot someone out than you'd think (which is why there are renter groups particularly in the city who have a private blacklist that other rents can view lol).

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
depends on how much money you're talkin' about...
poor people problem: can't afford medication, doctor/dentist visits
rich people problem: think all their friends only like them for their money

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Hoarding shit generally makes humans feel comfortable... like giant squirrels.

So yes, hoarding money, like anything else, has the potential to bring you happiness.

The question though is... what kind of happiness?

Destructive happiness? Creative happiness? Long term happiness? Short term happiness? Productive happiness? Unproductive happiness?

Being "happy" is just ONE thing... you might only be human, but you are capable of being more than just ONE thing at a time.

In short... you think like a child, as do most.

Most people wouldn't know what to do with a ton of money even if they got it!

And that's normally what happens. There are no shortage of NEW millionaires... with no shortage losing it all on the daily.

This is largely because the rich tend to eat the rich. I know they like to pass off this whole trope regarding ~nouveau riche~ and how they're ostracized and left out... they're not! In fact, it's the opposite! You make a ton of money and you're suddenly gonna be EVERYONE'S best friend. The old money isn't going to turn their nose, they're going to cannibalize you and all your shit at the nearest convenience, in most cases via investment schemes.

Other people get caught in an endless of cycle of just using money to make more money and before you know it they're working harder than anyone else... which is fine is you derive a lot of enjoyment from accounting and investing... but if that's NOT your thing... you won't derive much happiness.

The other problem is... lots of money... but not a lot to spend it on.

Don't take that the wrong way, there is LOTS of shit you can WASTE money on... but not shit that's truly WORTH the cost of what you're paying.

By which I mean, most super expensive products are not made using expensive components or pieces, rather you're just paying for a brand or for a marketing campaign.

It can be frustrating too, having a lot of money but then TRYING to find good stuff to buy.

Like I generally have a lot of money, even though I don't work nearly as hard as most of you likely do, but to spend that money, to FIND good stuff to spend it on... I probably spend more time doing "research shopping" than most of you spend at your actual jobs.

And uh... well it's not that much fun. Maybe some people derive a lot of happiness from that... but personally I just find it really tedious and annoying.

Like look at his brothers house there, really look at it... it's all prefab catalog crap! Everything looks so... impersonal, generic... almost like living in a hotel.

To the point where... why not just do that? Cause at least then you can travel around the world AND live in a hotel! :D

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
yeah cuz then i could buy brownies and fruit gushers to satiate my munchies :(
They make these new little brownie bar things that are like cereal flavored and shit... they're REALLY good! I mean, they taste like chemicals, but like... good chemical tasting. Does that make sense?

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
They make these new little brownie bar things that are like cereal flavored and shit... they're REALLY good! I mean, they taste like chemicals, but like... good chemical tasting. Does that make sense?
are you talking about rice krispy treats

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
are you talking about rice krispy treats
These ones...

999999-65633464599.jpg

They have ones now for like fruit loops, frosted flakes, reese's puffs, cinnamon toast crunch and cheerios I think. Oh and Golden Grahams. There's probably some others I'm missing.

burninghell

Ediot
Reaction score
These ones...

View attachment 16173

They have ones now for like fruit loops, frosted flakes, reese's puffs, cinnamon toast crunch and cheerios I think. Oh and Golden Grahams. There's probably some others I'm missing.
I'm betting that a box of these rip-offs is priced disgustingly higher than an everyday box of Lucky Charms cereal.

If they're not, you can absolutely make way more of these diabetic death dealers at home through a box of regular Lucky Charms cereal and some melted marshmallows.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I'm betting that a box of these rip-offs is priced disgustingly higher than an everyday box of Lucky Charms cereal.

If they're not, you can absolutely make way more of these diabetic death dealers at home through a box of regular Lucky Charms cereal and some melted marshmallows.
Oh it gets worse! They make these uh, these candy bar yogurt/pudding things now... I shit you not, it's like yogurt that's candy bar flavored... super crazy high in calories... and like almost $5 bucks a pop I think.

ezgifsdsdfsdk.jpg

...they taste really good tho! Like, addictively good!

lurk

Dramacrat
Reaction score
@j15m
it seems to come down to mindset, not money. i would guess that he's far too focused on the transient and the present. probably throwing his attention in too many directions, like reputation, possessions, etc. he probably just needs to get away from it all for a little while and really look hard at what should and should not be really important to him. camping trips are really great for soul-searching.

im curious if he also has a lot of wireless devices around. there are theories that certain emf frequencies can affect how the brain functions.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
These ones...

View attachment 16173

Gosh, I’m shocked that you suffer from health problems such as diabetes. You have such a wonderful diet.

Maysam

stapling tapeworms on his penis
Reaction score
But if instead of buying knickknacks, what if that money was invested and it brought you longterm financial stability?
You are talking about passive income. Unfortunately that would lead to one day looking in a mirror and seeing a Jew looking back. At best you would see a retired person which means an old person.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
You are talking about passive income. Unfortunately that would lead to one day looking in a mirror and seeing a Jew looking back. At best you would see a retired person which means an old person.
For what? What are you fools even on about. What does money get you? I mean it can buy shit, sure... but like... in life.

What's the point?

Humans only do just one thing... we convert immaterial reality into material reality and vice versa.

Our immaterial immortality infects this material reality constantly looking to terraform it with sentient creation.

Creation is the only point. The only sustainable purpose.

Think like this... if you had a BILLION DOLLARS, right now... what would you spend it on?

Most people... most people's immaterial imagination... they can't imagine much to do with it aside from simply satiating themselves into a binge that will eventually result in a terrible purge.

It will only bring most people pain in the end.

And if you spent your life avoiding the act of creation... you have wasted everything.

Reaction score
Most rich people I know are comfortable but money doesnt buy satisfaction. Elon Musk has infinite cash and can spend the rest of his life doing coke and blow, playing video games, and fucking 10 super model whores a day on a private island while having an army of slaves pamper and feed him.

Instead he chooses to go work and argues with trannies on twitter all day, because he wants even *more* hundreds of millions of dollars that he cant spend before he dies and passes on to children he doesnt talk to.

Like, really seriously think about that next time you think all of your problems will be fixed with money. It buys you food, rent, and comfort, and that might be all you need. But consumerism is a mental disease. Obviously being broke sucks ass, but if you make over $75k a year in a first world country and you feel sad, what you need is therapy, not more cash.

I agree with Bitey Snake though, most people if given big money would be like nigger rappers, spending it all on gold chains and KFC chicken instead of something meaningful.

Last edited:

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
People who save and invest when they’re young tend to have stable and fulfilling lives because they’re not constantly worried about their longterm financial horizon. They can live efficient lives and that makes people happy.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Most rich people I know are comfortable but money doesnt buy satisfaction. Elon Musk has infinite cash and can spend the rest of his life doing coke and blow, playing video games, and fucking 10 super model whores a day on a private island while having an army of slaves pamper and feed him.

Instead he chooses to go work and argues with trannies on twitter all day, because he wants even *more* hundreds of millions of dollars that he cant spend before he dies and passes on to children he doesnt talk to.
The Great Elon Musk is changing the world! He doesn’t blow his money on nonsense, he uses his money to create amazing companies and further humanity‘s reach into the cosmos.

Top Bottom