super mario sunshine is unironically the only good 3d mario game

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Mario 64 was quite a great game for its time and the technical limitations of the toaster it ran on. Played it again on an emulator a couple of years back and quite enjoyed it for what it is and was. I guess you might have had to have been there when it was fresh to really appreciate it.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
Mario 64 was quite a great game for its time and the technical limitations of the toaster it ran on. Played it again on an emulator a couple of years back and quite enjoyed it for what it is and was. I guess you might have had to have been there when it was fresh to really appreciate it.
>eurofag
>owned a nintendo console back in the day
wut
edit: for some reason i pictured you as a late teenager playing mario 64 not realizing you were 10ish at the time. weed is a hell of a drug

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
you think theyd prefer xbucks xbox?
everyone owned a playstation retard. i remember when i started kindergarten in 05 over half the boys had a ps2 and a couple had an xbox and only one of my classmates had a gamecube. pretty much the only kids with a gamecube were gamer girls and this was in america. even when the ps3 was "bombing" it was still like a 50/50 split between that and the 360

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
>eurofag
>owned a nintendo console back in the day
wut
edit: for some reason i pictured you as a late teenager playing mario 64 not realizing you were 10ish at the time. weed is a hell of a drug
Never personally owned a Nintendo console (except for a pile of broken NES and SNES consoles I've picked up to repair, refurbish and sell to weird autistic nostalgia-fags much like you for exorbitant prices)
I played Nintendo and Sega games at friends houses sometimes when we hung out. Alien fucking concept for you, I know.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
Is there something about nintendo and europe i am unaware of?
IIRC a lot of kids had it.
i've always heard sega curbstomped nintendo in europe during the 3rd and 4th generations and then everyone there switched to ps1 and so on. now that i think about it i remember pewdiepie saying his parents would rent an snes when he was sick so i guess nintendo was just more popular in northern europe or something

Sigilstone17

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best 3D Mario game. Sunshine is a fucking travesty

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
i've always heard sega curbstomped nintendo in europe during the 3rd and 4th generations and then everyone there switched to ps1 and so on. now that i think about it i remember pewdiepie saying his parents would rent an snes when he was sick so i guess nintendo was just more popular in northern europe or something
I cant speak for anyone outside my circle of friends at the time, but there was no favoritism or console war shit at that time. I think whatever system someone had was at the complete mercy and whim of the parents. We made due with what we got.
So someone had this and someone had that.
It wasnt until way later when we had our own money to spend that we figured out that it would be a good idea to have the same system so we could exchange games etc - that is when the xbox - playstation rift happened and nintendo and sega became irrelevant

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
I cant speak for anyone outside my circle of friends at the time, but there was no favoritism or console war shit at that time. I think whatever system someone had was at the complete mercy and whim of the parents. We made due with what we got.
So someone had this and someone had that.
It wasnt until way later when we had our own money to spend that we figured out that it would be a good idea to have the same system so we could exchange games etc - that is when the xbox - playstation rift happened and nintendo and sega became irrelevant
the only console war shit that i experienced was first all us xbox kids making fun of the playstation kids for getting hacked and then said playstation kids making fun of us back for the shitty xbox one reveal a couple years later

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
the only console war shit that i experienced was first all us xbox kids making fun of the playstation kids for getting hacked and then said playstation kids making fun of us back for the shitty xbox one reveal a couple years later
This console brand loyalty thing never really was a thing here in the nineties and noughties. I guess it became more of a thing with the advent of mainstream console online gaming.

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
The n64 was pretty popular when it debuted and for about 3 years afterward.
GoldenEye and Zelda Ocarina of Time were the shit. I also played resident evil on it, shit was tight.
GameCube was underutilized but had some pretty fun group games.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
The n64 was pretty popular when it debuted and for about 3 years afterward.
GoldenEye and Zelda Ocarina of Time were the shit. I also played resident evil on it, shit was tight.
GameCube was underutilized but had some pretty fun group games.
how tf did you play resident evil when your parents wouldn't let you watch the simpsons as a fucking teenager

Raddy

Healer's Fist
Reaction score
how tf did you play resident evil when your parents wouldn't let you watch the simpsons as a fucking teenager
You do realize most teenagers with strict parents learned very early on how to circumnavigate their parents rules n have fun and that that's how normal teenagers push boundaries, right?
This might be an alien concept since you're not very social but we had these things called friends, who would pass games around. Or burn you CDs of music u weren't suppose to listen. Or smuggle liquor into school in a thermos.

Top Bottom