watcha watchan(animu thread)

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Brotherhood is for little kids man. Every little problem gets tied up nice and tidy at the end. I like the way the story played out in the original more. What do you like about Brotherhood though?
It had a plot.

And an actual antagonist.

Also coherent character development.

Better fights.

Better action.

Better bad guys.

Actual stakes.

But mostly it actually had a plot.

The other was just sorta middling about and then it's like the creators realized they didn't really have a big bad and so then... SURPRISE NAHTSEEZ!

Also, how is everything "nice and tidy"? I mean, their dad is dead, Captain Buccaneer and Old Man Fu die trying to kill Bradley, not to mention everything that happens in 7 second flashbacks in the first one are shown in full episodes.

Like the episode where Xerxes gets wiped off the face of reality, I mean... THE DUDE'S ENTIRE COUNTRY IS SLAUGHTERED AND A CRAZY GOD MONSTER STEALS A COPY OF HIS BODY!

That was fuckin hard core!

Everything was like way more hard core in Brotherhood. Like Pride! He wasn't even in the shit version you watched! In Brotherhood Bradley was Wrath and actually lived up to the namesake.

In the other version Wrath was some whiner baby brat.

Brotherhood probably had several thousand times the amount of death, blood and carnage!

Hell at one point LITERALLY EVERYBODY DIES AND THEY ALL LOSE!

Granted they reverse it, but... again, it had a plot. It had stakes. The characters had motivation and REASONS for doing shit!

Also when Mustang kills Lust... did Lust even die in the other one? Oh, right, a locket was broken and she magically turned to dust, because they didn't actually have to try in the original... like, at all. Like the bad guys were less like bad guys and more like bumbling ~kind of~ bad guys who were like super easy to kill without even any effort.

Did Envy even die in the first one? Or did they turn into a dragon or something retarded like that (in the movie)?

I mean Envy straight up commits suicide in Brotherhood after getting his ass beaten one too many times.

And again... Pride.

The fight scenes with Pride alone make Brotherhood a better watch.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
It had a plot.

And an actual antagonist.

Also coherent character development.

Better fights.

Better action.

Better bad guys.

Actual stakes.

But mostly it actually had a plot.

The other was just sorta middling about and then it's like the creators realized they didn't really have a big bad and so then... SURPRISE NAHTSEEZ!

Also, how is everything "nice and tidy"? I mean, their dad is dead, Captain Buccaneer and Old Man Fu die trying to kill Bradley, not to mention everything that happens in 7 second flashbacks in the first one are shown in full episodes.

Like the episode where Xerxes gets wiped off the face of reality, I mean... THE DUDE'S ENTIRE COUNTRY IS SLAUGHTERED AND A CRAZY GOD MONSTER STEALS A COPY OF HIS BODY!

That was fuckin hard core!

Everything was like way more hard core in Brotherhood. Like Pride! He wasn't even in the shit version you watched! In Brotherhood Bradley was Wrath and actually lived up to the namesake.

In the other version Wrath was some whiner baby brat.

Brotherhood probably had several thousand times the amount of death, blood and carnage!

Hell at one point LITERALLY EVERYBODY DIES AND THEY ALL LOSE!

Granted they reverse it, but... again, it had a plot. It had stakes. The characters had motivation and REASONS for doing shit!

Also when Mustang kills Lust... did Lust even die in the other one? Oh, right, a locket was broken and she magically turned to dust, because they didn't actually have to try in the original... like, at all. Like the bad guys were less like bad guys and more like bumbling ~kind of~ bad guys who were like super easy to kill without even any effort.

Did Envy even die in the first one? Or did they turn into a dragon or something retarded like that (in the movie)?

I mean Envy straight up commits suicide in Brotherhood after getting his ass beaten one too many times.

And again... Pride.

The fight scenes with Pride alone make Brotherhood a better watch.
It has a plot. 2003 was about 2 brothers who had nothing but each other after their mother died. They tampered with the natural order in trying to bring her back to life and now have to deal with the consequences for themselves and the whole world.

In 2003, there was Dante. But the real antagonist was humanity itself. The homunculi weren't the product of a being trying to become God, they were the mistakes of lowly humans who committed a sin to regain that which they had lost. These creatures long to be human themselves. They don't want to be the person they were based on, but to be their own selves.

I can't argue with the better fights, and better action sequences. Brotherhood was much better animated. As for actual stakes?

Father wanted to become a being without limitations; i.e. God. Yeah pretty fucking evil, pretty edgy too if you ask me. It's much more realistic to me for someone like Dante to manipulate the world to create conflict. All so that the desperate survivors would seek out a miracle to reclaim what they had lost. The Philosopher Stone. When they succeded in creating the stone, the homunculi would sweep in and steal it, just so Dante could prolong her life. That's it. The "antagonist" just wanted to live forever. Such a petty human reason. Heh heh. It tickles my fancy just right.

Yeah there were some hardcore things in Brotherhood, but isn't it more exciting to think about the implications. Showing not telling? Like when Rose suddenly returns at the end, mute and with a baby. Last we saw of her, some soldiers were taking her into custody, leering at her. What do you think happened? Heh.

Or Scar's sacrifice to create the Philosopher Stone. There he was armless, and bleeding to death. Staggering forward, while reflecting on his mentor's teachings.

I think 2003 was just as hardcore as Brotherhood.

When I say that everything was tied up nice and tidy in Brotherhood, I mean that mostly the brothers got everything they wanted, without losing anything in the process. In 2003 the brothers did get their bodies back...but they lost each other in the process. You would think the followup movie would give some closure, but it didn't. The brothers were reunited, but now had to spend the rest of their lives on the other side of the Gate. Separated from all the people they had known in their whole lives. That's a tough pill to swallow.

As for the homunculi, as I said before, I found them more interesting, because they just weren't Father's creations. They were ours. And they were mistakes.

Lust had a whole arc throughout the show, and even teamed up with Edward at the end.

Envy hated humans in both shows but for different reasons. In 2003 he hated his father who had created him and then left to have a new family. It's a personal motivation.

Wrath was Izumi's mistake. He's just a kid who wants his mother. His "wrath" is a temper tantrum, because he is literally a baby. He had spent almost his entire existence inside the Gate only to come out into a world that he didn't understand.

In general, I think the 2003 homuculi are just as tough to kill as the Brotherhood ones if you didn't know their weakness. 2003 homunculi are weakened by the presence of the human remains of the person who they were supposed to be. It doesn't "harm" them per se. It holds them in place.

The fight scenes are pretty weak in 2003, but I don;t watch a show just because the fight scenes are cool; that's rather childish.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
It has a plot. 2003 was about 2 brothers who had nothing but each other after their mother died. They tampered with the natural order in trying to bring her back to life and now have to deal with the consequences for themselves and the whole world.

In 2003, there was Dante. But the real antagonist was humanity itself. The homunculi weren't the product of a being trying to become God, they were the mistakes of lowly humans who committed a sin to regain that which they had lost. These creatures long to be human themselves. They don't want to be the person they were based on, but to be their own selves.

I can't argue with the better fights, and better action sequences. Brotherhood was much better animated. As for actual stakes?

Father wanted to become a being without limitations; i.e. God. Yeah pretty fucking evil, pretty edgy too if you ask me. It's much more realistic to me for someone like Dante to manipulate the world to create conflict. All so that the desperate survivors would seek out a miracle to reclaim what they had lost. The Philosopher Stone. When they succeded in creating the stone, the homunculi would sweep in and steal it, just so Dante could prolong her life. That's it. The "antagonist" just wanted to live forever. Such a petty human reason. Heh heh. It tickles my fancy just right.

Yeah there were some hardcore things in Brotherhood, but isn't it more exciting to think about the implications. Showing not telling? Like when Rose suddenly returns at the end, mute and with a baby. Last we saw of her, some soldiers were taking her into custody, leering at her. What do you think happened? Heh.

Or Scar's sacrifice to create the Philosopher Stone. There he was armless, and bleeding to death. Staggering forward, while reflecting on his mentor's teachings.

I think 2003 was just as hardcore as Brotherhood.

When I say that everything was tied up nice and tidy in Brotherhood, I mean that mostly the brothers got everything they wanted, without losing anything in the process. In 2003 the brothers did get their bodies back...but they lost each other in the process. You would think the followup movie would give some closure, but it didn't. The brothers were reunited, but now had to spend the rest of their lives on the other side of the Gate. Separated from all the people they had known in their whole lives. That's a tough pill to swallow.

As for the homunculi, as I said before, I found them more interesting, because they just weren't Father's creations. They were ours. And they were mistakes.

Lust had a whole arc throughout the show, and even teamed up with Edward at the end.

Envy hated humans in both shows but for different reasons. In 2003 he hated his father who had created him and then left to have a new family. It's a personal motivation.

Wrath was Izumi's mistake. He's just a kid who wants his mother. His "wrath" is a temper tantrum, because he is literally a baby. He had spent almost his entire existence inside the Gate only to come out into a world that he didn't understand.

In general, I think the 2003 homuculi are just as tough to kill as the Brotherhood ones if you didn't know their weakness. 2003 homunculi are weakened by the presence of the human remains of the person who they were supposed to be. It doesn't "harm" them per se. It holds them in place.

The fight scenes are pretty weak in 2003, but I don;t watch a show just because the fight scenes are cool; that's rather childish.
That's what made it boring to me, it was just ordinary, it was like boring, horrible, regular life but with a slight degree of mysticism.

In Brotherhood it was about the fate of humanity as a whole, the stakes were LARGER than life, in the original version the stakes were just... life.

It was boring.

If I wanted shit like that I'd watch Lifetime: Television For Women (and cucks).

I want my media to entertain me with shit that's BEYOND reality, I want to see some crazy wild stupid fuckin shit that CAN'T happen... and then I want to see it kicked up to an 11!

The original was just... too real to be interesting. Brotherhood was fantastic and breathtaking. It was adventurous and fun, even at its darkest, there was always hope. In the original... it was just... here's this horrible place... filled with horrible people... making horrible decisions... oh yeah have a tiny bit of magic to make people's deepest regrets come to life in a way that makes no sense and also you can instantly kill them with this One Simple Trick.

It's boring, depressive and dreary stacked on top of lazy writing that was likely a product of animation budget constraints.

Like, why not stop being a pussy and just go watch Chrno Crusade instead? At least that shit attempted to make some degree of sense with its depressive lunatic outlook.

Or go full realism with that uh... whatever that anime was last summer that Gigguk was all hard for... some historical adaptation shit.

I dunno, I'm just not into that protosapien outlook. I like to imagine the world as being BETTER than it actually is... even if it's not. I like to believe in a better reality, a better future... which I suppose is maybe why I work for God now.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
I never watched Castlevania nor did I watch their rendition of Death Note.

I imagine they're probably about as good as Arcane.

I've come to expect very little in the way of quality from Netflix. They're all flash and little substance.
I watched it and it was okay. Not great, not horrible, just okay. The one major drawback is that it was EXTREMELY violent. I generally don't go for major violence. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
That's what made it boring to me, it was just ordinary, it was like boring, horrible, regular life but with a slight degree of mysticism.

In Brotherhood it was about the fate of humanity as a whole, the stakes were LARGER than life, in the original version the stakes were just... life.

It was boring.

If I wanted shit like that I'd watch Lifetime: Television For Women (and cucks).

I want my media to entertain me with shit that's BEYOND reality, I want to see some crazy wild stupid fuckin shit that CAN'T happen... and then I want to see it kicked up to an 11!

The original was just... too real to be interesting. Brotherhood was fantastic and breathtaking. It was adventurous and fun, even at its darkest, there was always hope. In the original... it was just... here's this horrible place... filled with horrible people... making horrible decisions... oh yeah have a tiny bit of magic to make people's deepest regrets come to life in a way that makes no sense and also you can instantly kill them with this One Simple Trick.

It's boring, depressive and dreary stacked on top of lazy writing that was likely a product of animation budget constraints.

Like, why not stop being a pussy and just go watch Chrno Crusade instead? At least that shit attempted to make some degree of sense with its depressive lunatic outlook.

Or go full realism with that uh... whatever that anime was last summer that Gigguk was all hard for... some historical adaptation shit.

I dunno, I'm just not into that protosapien outlook. I like to imagine the world as being BETTER than it actually is... even if it's not. I like to believe in a better reality, a better future... which I suppose is maybe why I work for God now.
Hey I totally get that. I feel that way about horror movies. I hate it when the ending is fucked and everybody dies and the villain wins. See Hereditary , Deus Ex, or Pet Sematery. But I felt that the message of 2003 is that even if trying your best doesn't result in a happy ending, it's important to try anyway.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Hey I totally get that. I feel that way about horror movies. I hate it when the ending is fucked and everybody dies and the villain wins. See Hereditary , Deus Ex, or Pet Sematery. But I felt that the message of 2003 is that even if trying your best doesn't result in a happy ending, it's important to try anyway.
Yeah it wasn't like it was bad. I mean when I think of "bad anime" that's not what comes to mind. It would still easily make my top 100.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Watching Yu Yu Hakusho
Wholesome, but in a badass way, not in a gay way. Love it.
View attachment 21388
>and then he throws "her" (male) head first into a wall and says "you will never be a woman"
Extremely based
Why would you watch the subbed version of Yu Yu Hakusho? The English dub was like one of the best things about that show. The original Japanese voice acting was... bad. Like, really fucking terrible to be honest.

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score
im watching the new matrix movie im about half way through i dont get why everyones so upset, im more pissed at the new resident evil movie turning leon into a street shitter or mexican i cant tell

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
im watching the new matrix movie im about half way through i dont get why everyones so upset, im more pissed at the new resident evil movie turning leon into a street shitter or mexican i cant tell
Welcome to Coon City

1640248145968.png

He's Br*tish Indian

also from his Wikipedia article:
Jogia co-founded the online PSA organization Straight But Not Narrow (SBNN) in 2011, with Heather Wilk and Andre Pochon in conjunction with the support of fellow actor, Josh Hutcherson.[72] The non-profit organization aims towards changing the attitudes and viewpoints of heterosexuals about the LGBTQIA+ community.[73] Jogia believed that: "[t]here was no one making straight youth responsible for their apathy. When you see a bully beating up a kid and you stand idle, that's as loud, or louder, than the actual oppression", and thus established the organization.[74] During an interview with Attitude, Jogia stated he does not feel comfortable labeling his sexuality.

:puke:

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
The new Matrix was pretty shit.

Mostly the casting... and the entire second half of the film.

I'm sorry, but how many more ugly, plain, boring, non-descript people with GLARING SKIN TAGS do I have to watch?

If I wanted to see ugly people with bad acting I'd just go ride public transportation.

Movies aren't movies unless they're larger than life... ugly people aren't larger than life, they literally ~are~ life... which negates THE ENTIRE FUCKING PURPOSE OF ESCAPISM!

Don't get me started.

Also the "Grrl Power" shit was so over the top it was just laughable and then I couldn't take anything in the movie seriously at that point... like, at all.

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score
The new Matrix was pretty shit.

Mostly the casting... and the entire second half of the film.

I'm sorry, but how many more ugly, plain, boring, non-descript people with GLARING SKIN TAGS do I have to watch?

If I wanted to see ugly people with bad acting I'd just go ride public transportation.

Movies aren't movies unless they're larger than life... ugly people aren't larger than life, they literally ~are~ life... which negates THE ENTIRE FUCKING PURPOSE OF ESCAPISM!

Don't get me started.

Also the "Grrl Power" shit was so over the top it was just laughable and then I couldn't take anything in the movie seriously at that point... like, at all.
the straight white couple wins and lives happily ever after and a bunch of npcs kill themselves at the end idk how it isnt based i think warner bros held the tranny at gunpoint to write it that way, i see why only one of them wanted to do it, neo wins even tho at the beginning hes being cucked by a guy name chad and after winning and flying into the sunset at the end instead of rolling the credits for no reason they kick neil patrick harris's faggot jaw off his head then slit his cock sucking throat, the only bad thing was the faggy blue tinted glasses they all wore like you wear you freak

Last edited:

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
the straight white couple wins and lives happily ever after and a bunch of npcs kill themselves at the end idk how it isnt based i think warner bros held the tranny at gunpoint to write it that way, i see why only one of them wanted to do it, neo wins even tho at the beginning hes being cucked by a guy name chad and after winning and flying into the sunset at the end instead of rolling the credits for no reason they kick neil patrick harris's faggot jaw off his head then slit his cock sucking throat, the only bad thing was the faggy blue tinted glasses they all wore like you wear you freak
You'd have to be a literal cuck to accept such incredibly low standards for success.

How fucking pathetic are you?

I mean Doogie Howser isn't a villain and Chad Thundercock was the only real winner in the movie. He fucked with everybody, gave no fucks of his own and was just like, "Yeah, whatever assholes, go have old people sex, wait I'm totally going to fuck with you just because I can, for no real reason, just shits and giggles."

Neo just looked like a broken old man with partial stroke face and Trinity looked about 20 years older than she actually is and that's ~with~ the CG makeup!

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I watched the first season of Foundation... I'm trying not to think about it, because every episode had the worst pacing imaginable and lasted like an hour... and then I start to think... oh, oh God, how many fucking hours of my life did I waste watching this trash?! I could have just gotten high and then ~wrote~ something more interesting myself! D:

moogs

Ediot
Reaction score
I can barely believe the Soviet movie commission approved of this movie. This movie was lying in my HDD until I finally saw it and it was intriguing to be honest. All a man of material wants is pink pants and a jacuzzi in which to make the man of a so-called lesser race to make to ring a bell in his nose. All of this bliss to be acquired for about a few thousand boxes of matches.

*slaps cheeks* KOO

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
That one Russian sci-fi movie where they go into each other's comas was pretty good.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Watchin new Ghostbusters, pretty freakin good so far... some of that dialogue in the beginning tho... very familiar... VERY familiar...

...probably not gonna get paid for it tho. LOL

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Finished watchin, it was really good. Why didn't they just make that in the first place? Instead of that retarded autistic acid trip from 2016 with all those horrifically unfunny women... except the fat one, she's pretty funny. Chris was funny too, but like, not in a way that made the movie as a whole better. Like, they should have just made a non-Ghostbusters comedy film with Chris playing the clueless "dumb blonde" secretary and then all sorts of hilarity and hijinks ensue.

That would have made a good, fun, stupid popcorn flick and they could have actually made a little money... instead they flushed money down the fuckin toilet on some childless weirdo of a wine aunt's jealous wrath.

These modern day harpies surround themselves with beta cuck legions and live on, forever alone even in a crowd, endless empty abyss consumes their rotten hearts as they live life with vindictive resolve, only seeking to destroy the pleasure of others in retaliation for their own inability to find love.

They are the real "ghosts" that need to be busted out of our society. Entrap them in their own evil ends to keep them contained and removed from power.

This movie is a symbol of hard fought victory! We, the fans, we got exactly what we wanted and more... and it's amazeballs!

Evil has failed... evil is being trapped as we speak... we will triumph over the crazy ku klux karens!

Top Bottom