Reaction score
So you can become a man and make your own decisions. And, most women are not impressed by men who still live in their parents’ home.
Yeah impress "women" such as yourself by burning valuable time and wasting money on some media manufactured bullshit, instead of saving up. Genghis Khan lived with his mother, almost all of Asia lives with their parents and nowadays most westerners are forced to do it too(or share rent with some faggots). From the dawn of time man has lived with their relatives and for some mythical period of 20 years in the USA some fags could live on their own so let's do it. 60 years ago it was a severe punishment to get kicked out but you know americans "we aren't antiscoial losers we're cool", "we didn't shart in our pants, we demonstrated our liberty", "I'm not a fucked in the ass retard I'm cool, independent and industrious, that's why I have 3 jobs, loans to pay and live in a 6 square meters apartment".

@GroyperSupreme You lived in those mythical 20 years, where an average USA citizen "could" work one construction job and get a house and support a family. Was it really true?

O.G.Lurkmoar

Newfag
Reaction score
@GroyperSupreme You lived in those mythical 20 years, where an average USA citizen "could" work one construction job and get a house and support a family. Was it really true?
Yep. and Reagan saved all the little children from drugs and gangs and everything was sunshine and rainbows. Then crack cocaine and hipsters happened...

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score

Yes. To a point. November though February still sucked. Who the fuck wants to remodel during Christmas or Thanksgiving. And good luck trying to put up siding in January/February weather.

The construction industry wasn't completely saturated with illegals. Now in construction the only non-illegals you'll find are ones in specialized skilled jobs, ie electricians, masons, engineers, surveyors etc. but now there are illegals are creeping in because -- just have it inspected and signed off on by an American company and you're good, if the journeyman/labor is illegal who's gonna know? Now you'll have illegal plumbers, electricians, masons, etc. Long gone are the "tu gringo puta" roofing crew.

Drive by any construction site and I bet you'll see nothing but illegals/dreamers doing the grunt/semi-skilled work. It's the only way they can keep costs down. Lumber was through the roof for the last 8 months and to the point where it shut down projects.

But, the reason why the old days were like that was largely due to an economy that was functional and inflationary repercussions were held to a minimum. And people were accepting that if you spent too much money in credit purchases you would fuck yourself in the long run. Now, it's the exact opposite.

The name of the game now IS credit spending. Get the job first, spend what you have to complete it and dump it on the market. With the real estate market as it is in most places, any construction cost overage will be covered by the increased sale price, and you still will make profit.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
I work at an old folks home and live in a largeish house with my insane mother. Its cool tho bc the yard is huge and i can do what I want with it essentially

At this point i could move out if i really wanted to but theres absolutely no reason

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
I work at an old folks home and live in a largeish house with my insane mother. Its cool tho bc the yard is huge and i can do what I want with it essentially

At this point i could move out if i really wanted to but theres absolutely no reason
Your mother is only insane for letting yo get away with as much as you do.
Plus, on your wage you would literally be living hand to mouth. Save yoru money because the crash is coming.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Your mother is only insane for letting yo get away with as much as you do.
Thats so true tbh.
Plus, on your wage you would literally be living hand to mouth. Save yoru money because the crash is coming.
I know. 90% of my pay would be going to rent and utilities and for something shittier than where i am now. No reason.

I do the yard work here and pay for groceries. I've offered to give her money but she wouldn't take it

Cosmic Sewer Hobo

It's all over
Reaction score

based on the shit I heard from you about your mother, that's enough reason to move out. But I guess the "pros exceeds the cons" is the way you see things

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
Thats so true tbh.

I know. 90% of my pay would be going to rent and utilities and for something shittier than where i am now. No reason.

I do the yard work here and pay for groceries. I've offered to give her money but she wouldn't take it
For her next gift, pamper your mom. Give her something like a spa treatment. Half days are something like 150 bucks. Just a suggestion.

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
I'm all ears
She was angry at her mom so her recollection of events was slanted heavily against her mom. The 'She said, ' without her mom's "she said."
No harm no foul.
Plus, it was at the time Baka got busted and was being a general ass about everything. Not much was going right for our Baka. Things seem to be much better now @Baka. Working in the garden seems to have relaxed her. It's good to work the soil.

Cosmic Sewer Hobo

It's all over
Reaction score
She was angry at her mom so her recollection of events was slanted heavily against her mom. The 'She said, ' without her mom's "she said."
No harm no foul.
Plus, it was at the time Baka got busted and was being a general ass about everything. Not much was going right for our Baka. Things seem to be much better now @Baka. Working in the garden seems to have relaxed her. It's good to work the soil.
She's exercising and working on her garden so she's doing well for herself, as for her "bias against her mom" it's her word against anyone who believes otherwise, but from what I heard she's rather "unhinged".

airduster

Ediot
Reaction score
by underpaid I'm being paid between 1/2 and 1/3 of my actual worth (other companies are offering that much for my ass and I'm trying to jump ship). I can live happily with minimum wage, my spending (due to the job being stressful) has increased significantly (had a bad week? let's try to make it better by treating the family with takeout) but my salary is still quite nice in my country. In general I can live like a NEET and love it.
what do u code html?

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Yeah impress "women" such as yourself by burning valuable time and wasting money on some media manufactured bullshit, instead of saving up. Genghis Khan lived with his mother, almost all of Asia lives with their parents
No. Asian grandparents live with their sons. Their sons don’t live in their parents homes. That is different from what you’re doing. And the reason that was done is because most Asian countries didn’t have state sponsored retirement/pension plans - the son WAS the retirement plan. But that living arrangement has been changing in places like Japan.

Did you know that owning your own home or developing equity in it can be a great investment strategy? Depending on where you live, the value of your home can reliably grow at a rate that outpaces many other investments.

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
based on the shit I heard from you about your mother, that's enough reason to move out. But I guess the "pros exceeds the cons" is the way you see things
I'm just bein a bitch usually. She calms down after about a day
For her next gift, pamper your mom. Give her something like a spa treatment. Half days are something like 150 bucks. Just a suggestion.
I'll think on it.
I'm not just saying this but she's honesty super paranoid and getting her to do anything like that is difficult

GroyperSupreme

Helicopter Ride Operator
Reaction score
She's exercising and working on her garden so she's doing well for herself, as for her "bias against her mom" it's her word against anyone who believes otherwise, but from what I heard she's rather "unhinged".
None of us were in the house at the time. None of us saw the conflict for ourselves. So again we have no opposite opinion or statement of facts coming from her mother. Hence we get only one side. When you only get one side of the events you predispose the outcome of the situation and lead the audience to condemn the accused. There is no defense of the accused. I.e. the legacy media's portrayal of Trump.

A Fucking Box

Site Pwner
Reaction score
IDK what's up with americans and moving out of their parents' home. Where I'm from it's not unusual to live with your parents and even your grandparents (although right now that might be because we're poor). And especially in older times it's common to have houses be used for many generations of the same family across Europe as I understand. Americans like to abandon their elderly at shitty dipalidated nursing homes to die. This is a consequence of cutting yourself off from your extended family by moving away. Not saying this doesnt happen here either but in america this is more than the norm, it is expected by society itself, and if you don't do it you're seen as weird and bad.

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
IDK what's up with americans and moving out of their parents' home. Where I'm from it's not unusual to live with your parents and even your grandparents (although right now that might be because we're poor). And especially in older times it's common to have houses be used for many generations of the same family across Europe as I understand. Americans like to abandon their elderly at shitty dipalidated nursing homes to die. This is a consequence of cutting yourself off from your extended family by moving away. Not saying this doesnt happen here either but in america this is more than the norm, it is expected by society itself, and if you don't do it you're seen as weird and bad.
Its not an american thing, it comes down to money

If you look at the average age people move out across europe, the poorer countries move out at an older age

Top Bottom