weedville

done fucked up
Reaction score
Not quite sure how to categorize this music, but I'll just discribe it as avant grade jazz.
Honestly looking at their first album and their second album is some whiplash, but not as extreme as with Altered States with their first album and Mosaic.
Also the album cover is among my favorite art pieces of all time. Really fits the tone and music of the album. It sucks that I can't find anything else that the artist has made.

Reaction score
still keep seeing this referred to as "neurofunk" years after this style of music was relevant. if anyone on this forum wants to have something theyre probably already aware of confirmed with some degree of certainty: you dont get to decide what "your ideas", "your music", "your craft", or even "your effort" means, let alone what its "proper name" is. instead, a bunch of people who have no idea why it even existed will debate the nature of [insert anything] 20 years after the fact in addition to being unable to name the genre of music itself: techstep

i'm still sitting on hundreds of these tracks, most of which were only played once in front of a crowd. i stopped making them in 2010-2011 because everyone decided to slow the tempo down to 140 and really, Really, REALLY abuse the LFO shit to the point where it became a fucking joke (that i agree with, mind you)

faggots in the late 2000s: its called CROSSOVER THRASH
felix, drummer on DRIs album "crossover": its called freedom rock

weedville

done fucked up
Reaction score
still keep seeing this referred to as "neurofunk" years after this style of music was relevant. if anyone on this forum wants to have something theyre probably already aware of confirmed with some degree of certainty: you dont get to decide what "your ideas", "your music", "your craft", or even "your effort" means, let alone what its "proper name" is. instead, a bunch of people who have no idea why it even existed will debate the nature of [insert anything] 20 years after the fact in addition to being unable to name the genre of music itself: techstep

i'm still sitting on hundreds of these tracks, most of which were only played once in front of a crowd. i stopped making them in 2010-2011 because everyone decided to slow the tempo down to 140 and really, Really, REALLY abuse the LFO shit to the point where it became a fucking joke (that i agree with, mind you)

faggots in the late 2000s: its called CROSSOVER THRASH
felix, drummer on DRIs album "crossover": its called freedom rock
If I cared/knew a bit about electronic music I'm sure I would have a good conversation
If you know anything about extreme prog metal or avant prog music let me know

Reaction score
If I cared/knew a bit about electronic music I'm sure I would have a good conversation
If you know anything about extreme prog metal or avant prog music let me know
tbh i dont actually know a lot about prog metal BUT i play(ed) drums and specialized in recreating anything i heard. not bragging here at all, but one of my favorites was watchtower because of how "out there" the drummer was. i still strongly identify with the notion of "sure, bass drum normally goes here and the snare normally goes here...but what if i do this?"

nearly identical approach...but a bit less "out there" (ignore the lyrics, theyre pointed but theres no context here to point it at, lmao)

Reaction score
two more, because i know this website can appreciate good music

i genuinely would not consider myself a metalhead even though i have no problem with the genre, i listen to slayer - reign in blood way more often than anyone should lol. its not about being narrow or too broad - "balance" being the middle ground. being a virtuoso just means youre playing an instrument...youre not playing a song. make sense?

weedville

done fucked up
Reaction score
tbh i dont actually know a lot about prog metal BUT i play(ed) drums and specialized in recreating anything i heard. not bragging here at all, but one of my favorites was watchtower because of how "out there" the drummer was. i still strongly identify with the notion of "sure, bass drum normally goes here and the snare normally goes here...but what if i do this?"

nearly identical approach...but a bit less "out there" (ignore the lyrics, theyre pointed but theres no context here to point it at, lmao)

I like more busy drumming personally. Tatsuya Yoshida is one of my favorite drummers of all time, mainly since he can change tempo literally at the drop of a hat. I find it impressive that he can also again do busy drumming, while also doing vocals at the same time.

weedville

done fucked up
Reaction score
being a virtuoso just means youre playing an instrument...youre not playing a song
Yeah I get it. I find it best to use enough complexity to make it interesting, but technicality for technicals sake gets really boring fast. Korekyojinn's gutairist, Kido Natsuke, has a habit of this. But when he isn't doing that he can do some really cool stuff.

YoloSwagger69

Newfag
Reaction score
FT: Heidenheim-Bayern 3:2

Durch München weht ein kalter Wind
Menschen hassten tränenblind
Weil sie so verzweifelt sind
in der Stadt herum
Fahles Licht im Hofbräuhaus
Der Wirt schenkt nur noch Dunkles aus
Zieht dabei die Stirne kraus
Und bleibt einfach stumm