minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
Love the bowl. Is the recipe the same?
it was just a very simple soup, yes
I got a bottle of the last dab for Christmas from hot ones and I got more flavor from eating this girl's oussy in the woods for real scoville is a lie and a joke fuck hot ones lmao that shit is nothing suck my dick outie 5000
i aint a fan of spicy shit just for the sake of spicy. i mostly just wanna go on a quest for peppers n collect 'em like edible infinity stones tbh

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Made some delicious ham bone soup. Used the leftover Xmas ham (it was still quite edible) and added potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, 4 types of beans, peas, pearled barley, mushrooms, corn, lentils, a couple of bay leaves, and salt & pepper.

To say that it may be the greatest soup in the history of soups is to do it a disservice via understatement. It was AMAZING!

Last edited:

LowTek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Made some delicious ham bone soup. Used the leftover Xmas ham (it was still quite edible) and added potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, 4 types of beans, peas, mushrooms, corn, lentils, a couple of bay leaves, and salt & pepper.

To say that it may be the greatest soup in the history of soups is to do it a disservice via understatement. It was AMAZING!

1000002628.jpg

Would you like some pepper in your soup sir?

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
Made some delicious ham bone soup. Used the leftover Xmas ham (it was still quite edible) and added potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, 4 types of beans, peas, pearled barley, mushrooms, corn, lentils, a couple of bay leaves, and salt & pepper.

It looks good! So, did you freeze the ham after you had it for Christmas, or at least the bone? That's the only scary part to your post lol

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
It looks good! So, did you freeze the ham after you had it for Christmas, or at least the bone? That's the only scary part to your post lol
The ham was kept in the fridge and was mostly sealed from the Air. Being a smoked and salted meat, cooked ham can remain edible for quite awhile.

minty

bunny shaman
Reaction score
cooked a sausage, threw some leek, minced garlic, onion, potato, n carrot in beef broth with a little salt n pepper, some fire cider, n some basil leaves for an hr n 15 until everything was soft.
no pics cuz i didn't think to take any before i ate it n the leftovers are already in the fridge n i aint movin'

feral

Ediot
Reaction score
How do I decontaminate the corpse of ibxtoycat's mom? I already digged it up, but it's dirty and rotting... I have a feeling it's not gonna be salvagable :(

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
IMG_20240202_114003500.jpg
Boneless chuck roast (buried), 4 quarts beef broth and vegetable broth (2 each), Brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, McCormick slow cooker seasoning, and rosemary. Cooking at 250°F for about 8 hours.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
View attachment 89727 Boneless chuck roast (buried), 4 quarts beef broth and vegetable broth (2 each), Brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, McCormick slow cooker seasoning, and rosemary. Cooking at 250°F for about 8 hours.
Very brave of you to go with the Brussels sprouts. Not many people like them and their taste can be a bit overwhelming in a stew.

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
Very brave of you to go with the Brussels sprouts. Not many people like them and their taste can be a bit overwhelming in a stew.
I love Brussels sprouts! It was my wife who suggested them. I didn't think they could go into stew, but research said otherwise lol

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
Yes, chuck roast can become tough and not tender if cooked too long.

I'm still worried about those brussels sprouts. What if they overpower all the other flavours?
Nope, they soaked up most of the broth, seasonings, and meat flavor. They have a hint of their original flavor and I feel it complements all of the flavors together.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
signal-2024-03-14-200510_003.jpeg
chicken legs backed in potat, very basic with just olive oil, garlic, onion, oregano and paprica for colouring but i like how it presents on the plate

chuj

Reaction score
btw @Sleepy idk if you still eat vegetarian but my brother dumped shitload of hummus on me and i discovered a sandwich for your
- toasted bun (could be bagel, kaiser roll w/e)
- salted hummus spread (with red pesto preferably)
- rocket plant
- red onion
- cocktail tomatos

slice the bun in half, toast it with or without the butter
spread hummus on both sides
add rocket on both sides, them smol tomatoes sliced in half and finely chopped red onion on one side
close the sandwich
enjoy

it's simple but tastes better than most sandwiches i ever had

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
btw @Sleepy idk if you still eat vegetarian but my brother dumped shitload of hummus on me and i discovered a sandwich for your
- toasted bun (could be bagel, kaiser roll w/e)
- salted hummus spread (with red pesto preferably)
- rocket plant
- red onion
- cocktail tomatos

slice the bun in half, toast it with or without the butter
spread hummus on both sides
add rocket on both sides, them smol tomatoes sliced in half and finely chopped red onion on one side
close the sandwich
enjoy

it's simple but tastes better than most sandwiches i ever had
If you want to keep it vegetarian (like if you're serving for other people or just want to consume more veg) you could probably add a falafel patty to that as well to give it a more meaty flavor. Fried mushrooms are good for that also.

I also like smoked tofu but that's entering literal soy territory

chuj

Reaction score
If you want to keep it vegetarian (like if you're serving for other people or just want to consume more veg) you could probably add a falafel patty to that as well to give it a more meaty flavor. Fried mushrooms are good for that also.

I also like smoked tofu but that's entering literal soy territory
i've been using that hummus like i would use cheese spread as rocket and tomatoes give enough texture but will definitely give it a try with falafel patties if i ever can find them

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
i've been using that hummus like i would use cheese spread as rocket and tomatoes give enough texture but will definitely give it a try with falafel patties if i ever can find them
Actually now that I think about it, fried mushrooms might be better if you're already using hummus. Falafel is good too it's just also chickpea

Still though either works.

chuj

Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, fried mushrooms might be better if you're already using hummus. Falafel is good too it's just also chickpea

Still though either works.
in poland we actually fry those large mushrooms like patties in the summer and eat them on fridays when meat is forbidden, could experiment with that once summer comes
shutterstock_1979104148_Easy-Resize.com_.jpg
because yeah hummus and falafel sound like chickpea overload, ofc could use animal based to put on the bun but rn i'm experimenting with lenten alternatives

Top Bottom