Reaction score
Essentially, Steve Urkel is a manifestation of an ancient African trickster spirit, sent to punish the Winslow family for their lack of respect of their ancestors.

Urkels first appearance happens only after Laura sells their family quilt. In a dating back to the 1800's, to a white quilt aficionado who recognize the historical and monetary value. This is episode 11, Season 1, simply entitled: "The Quilt".

The first 11 episodes do not include Urkel at all. The name of the show, though often forgotten, is "Family Matters" and not "The Urkel Show" as it is often referred to in conversation.

The Winslow's were a normal family with mostly usually problems. They all had a true basis in reality and we're grounded characters with complex personalities.

This all changes when Laura sells the family quilt, their last physical cultural connection to their family heritage.

After this quilt episode the family is forever burdened by a malevolent spirit, sent to remind them of what is important: family.

Let's continue with discussing his first true appearance, when he is invited into the family home by Carl. This is a mistake, one of letting this spirit in your home, and going to far as to attempt to have him date Laura. Carl, by his own admission, would have had been better off in life had he simply put the barrel if his service revolver in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Laura called this monster forth by forgetting her culture, but Carl is the one who invited him in and like the vampires of Europe, Urkel may only enter where invited.

In syndication, Urkel was added to several cold opening scene of the initial 11 episodes. This is a clear example of the kind of power this entity wields. Urkels presence transcends time and space, he exists indefinitely in the past and the future.

It would be like having childhood memories of a person you met only in adulthood, but never questioning why.

Many people believed Steve Urkel "jumped the shark" when he went to space. space throughout mythology has been since as a void of nonexistence, a holy ether, the heavens, etc. It is symbolism and pretty much a direct slap in the face that Steve Urkel exists outside of the Earthly realm.

Also, reminiscent of African and Native American lore, Urkel's character was clearly drawing from the twin trickster god trope. StephOn Er-Kell, his alter ego/twin, is representative of the temptation Laura faced when selling her blanket. he smooth and seductive, similar to ideas of a western devil. Whereas the regular Stephen Urkel is a cold and calculating. Instead of being the temptation, he embodies the tempted. Despite is cold calculating mind, the trope of the evil mastermind that slowly uses his genius to corrupt those under him. He wanted Laura and would subjugate his family to have her. For since Laura forsook her ancestors, her line would forever be corrupted by the spirits wicked seed.

There are almost endless layers here and the writers did a brilliant job in creating him. Steve Urkel is perhaps the greatest mythological inspired villain in modern pop culture.

GloriousReader

#couchcrew
Reaction score
this post has weighed heavily on my mind since I first read it

View attachment 52306

I'm basically gonna be a boomer lawn terrorist now.

I feel the same way about this

Essentially, Steve Urkel is a manifestation of an ancient African trickster spirit, sent to punish the Winslow family for their lack of respect of their ancestors.

Urkels first appearance happens only after Laura sells their family quilt. In a dating back to the 1800's, to a white quilt aficionado who recognize the historical and monetary value. This is episode 11, Season 1, simply entitled: "The Quilt".

The first 11 episodes do not include Urkel at all. The name of the show, though often forgotten, is "Family Matters" and not "The Urkel Show" as it is often referred to in conversation.

The Winslow's were a normal family with mostly usually problems. They all had a true basis in reality and we're grounded characters with complex personalities.

This all changes when Laura sells the family quilt, their last physical cultural connection to their family heritage.

After this quilt episode the family is forever burdened by a malevolent spirit, sent to remind them of what is important: family.

Let's continue with discussing his first true appearance, when he is invited into the family home by Carl. This is a mistake, one of letting this spirit in your home, and going to far as to attempt to have him date Laura. Carl, by his own admission, would have had been better off in life had he simply put the barrel if his service revolver in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Laura called this monster forth by forgetting her culture, but Carl is the one who invited him in and like the vampires of Europe, Urkel may only enter where invited.

In syndication, Urkel was added to several cold opening scene of the initial 11 episodes. This is a clear example of the kind of power this entity wields. Urkels presence transcends time and space, he exists indefinitely in the past and the future.

It would be like having childhood memories of a person you met only in adulthood, but never questioning why.

Many people believed Steve Urkel "jumped the shark" when he went to space. space throughout mythology has been since as a void of nonexistence, a holy ether, the heavens, etc. It is symbolism and pretty much a direct slap in the face that Steve Urkel exists outside of the Earthly realm.

Also, reminiscent of African and Native American lore, Urkel's character was clearly drawing from the twin trickster god trope. StephOn Er-Kell, his alter ego/twin, is representative of the temptation Laura faced when selling her blanket. he smooth and seductive, similar to ideas of a western devil. Whereas the regular Stephen Urkel is a cold and calculating. Instead of being the temptation, he embodies the tempted. Despite is cold calculating mind, the trope of the evil mastermind that slowly uses his genius to corrupt those under him. He wanted Laura and would subjugate his family to have her. For since Laura forsook her ancestors, her line would forever be corrupted by the spirits wicked seed.

There are almost endless layers here and the writers did a brilliant job in creating him. Steve Urkel is perhaps the greatest mythological inspired villain in modern pop culture.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
this post has weighed heavily on my mind since I first read it

View attachment 52306

I'm basically gonna be a boomer lawn terrorist now.
Back in the day I'd have a big bag of the road authority natural mix in my work vehicle.
A mix of wild grasses, clover, and a HUEG fucking dollop of dandelion seeds.
Whenever somebody was overly rude I'd chuck a couple of cups worth of that shit onto their lawn.
Anarchy!

.wil

Faggot Of The Year 2022
Reaction score
Back in the day I'd have a big bag of the road authority natural mix in my work vehicle.
A mix of wild grasses, clover, and a HUEG fucking dollop of dandelion seeds.
Whenever somebody was overly rude I'd chuck a couple of cups worth of that shit onto their lawn.
Anarchy!
Yes you've already told this exact same story in a different thread.

You do it because you're a spiteful petty faggot
I do it because I hate globohomo environmental jewery and like deer and hummingbirds

We are not the same.

Viril.Feline.Wyyzrd

smarter than moonrunes
Reaction score
Yes you've already told this exact same story in a different thread.

You do it because you're a spiteful petty faggot
I do it because I hate globohomo environmental jewery and like deer and hummingbirds

We are not the same.
You're both giant faggots; it's just smug eurofag vs smug nazifag.

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
Just gonna drop this off here. Title is "Human Radiation Experiments" which is what they called the congressional hearing where they talked about that topic, but also went into the government's literal mind-control-torture experiments:

Not super fucking alarming, suspicious, or fucked up at all. Certainly answers some questions about where certain people who seem to be lab-grown came from.

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
There's a trail of blood behind a journalistic research of a computer program called PROMIS.
The English version of this TOW article is fairly new as resurfacing this case is credited to some German dude.

Discovered some less creepy and instead just laughable theories about UFOS and little green men. Now I see that UFOs exist because of T.T. Brown's technology.
http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/
Ah, the PROMIS rabbithole. Gary Webb Danny Casolero (whoops, wrong murdered journalist), Ghislane Maxwell's dad and Mossad, the justice department fucking people over. A Classic.

Last edited:

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Reaction score
QAnon is interesting in highlighting:
1) How dumb people can be
2) How desperate many are for any excuse to see Law Enforcement/government/authority as good guys still (this second point not being made to disparage them-- I sympathize with the impulse tho I do not share it-- but to state a psychological fact.)

It is the glowies seeding dis/misinformation in the public sphere by openly declaring that they are glowies, and are therefore in a position to know. Anyone trusting an intel agent, with no reservations, who wasn't burn-notice'd (and I'd still vet that shit) gets a very predictable outcome.

Top Bottom