new "shit i made" thread

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Historical. The entire building is a waste of fucking time, but instead of wrecking it they have to restore it.
You are helping to pay for this bullshit.
I know exactly the sort.
We had a house that had been dismantled and moved at least twice in the last 250 years, very historical - very poor structurally unsound. Got permission to knock it down and booked an excavator the same day, day after we had turned it into kindling. Two days after that the county antiquarian rescinded the permission to tear it down.

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I know exactly the sort.
We had a house that had been dismantled and moved at least twice in the last 250 years, very historical - very poor structurally unsound. Got permission to knock it down and booked an excavator the same day, day after we had turned it into kindling. Two days after that the county antiquarian rescinded the permission to tear it down.
Its really REALLY hard to talk with these people too, its like they speak a completely different language and are averse to giving simple yes/no answers.
I talked to this lady about removing some old plaster because it was like 3.5 cm thick and i did not want to deal with it having to mix all that for no other reason that the dude who did it 80 years ago was drunk and fucked it up.
She didnt care about the plaster, but the paint (color) on top of it was of historical value.
I dont know who will ever appreciate any of the extra effort put into projects like this, but i doubt there are many, if even any.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
Its really REALLY hard to talk with these people too, its like they speak a completely different language and are averse to giving simple yes/no answers.
I talked to this lady about removing some old plaster because it was like 3.5 cm thick and i did not want to deal with it having to mix all that for no other reason that the dude who did it 80 years ago was drunk and fucked it up.
She didnt care about the plaster, but the paint (color) on top of it was of historical value.
I dont know who will ever appreciate any of the extra effort put into projects like this, but i doubt there are many, if even any.
Some wanker in the local city or county council will have a warm glow knowing that they have been a nuisance.
We restored a 100 year old house that was a replica of an older house on the same foundation that burned down in the 1890s, and we had a hell of a time over the look of the windows that "weren't right for the period", despite A) providing photos from the 1930s featuring the same windows B) pointing to a painting from 1902 depicting the same shaped windows and ultimately C) discovering an intact window inside a wall where an extension to the house had been built, complete with makers mark and year of manufacture. Fuckers would not even admit that they were wrong.
Owning a historically significant house is a nuisance.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
lol yeah, i think farmers have learned their lesson about reporting in viking shit that washes up. It is like winning a reverse-lottery.
I know of someone who found a runestone in the 70s, thought about it for a couple of days and then had it shifted onto his asshole neighbours fields under cover of night.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Historical. The entire building is a waste of fucking time, but instead of wrecking it they have to restore it.
You are helping to pay for this bullshit.
Some wanker in the local city or county council will have a warm glow knowing that they have been a nuisance.
We restored a 100 year old house that was a replica of an older house on the same foundation that burned down in the 1890s, and we had a hell of a time over the look of the windows that "weren't right for the period", despite A) providing photos from the 1930s featuring the same windows B) pointing to a painting from 1902 depicting the same shaped windows and ultimately C) discovering an intact window inside a wall where an extension to the house had been built, complete with makers mark and year of manufacture. Fuckers would not even admit that they were wrong.
Owning a historically significant house is a nuisance.
Ha ha....Norwegians

I bet you two tards didn’t have a bit of fun during your Russefeiring. You’re too anal.

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
didn’t have a bit of fun during your Russefeiring. You’re too anal.
You'd be right actually. I was such a problem child i did not get into the bricklaying class, so i worked for a year until i was old enough to do my year in the military, and as soon as i got out i got back to school - so i was 2 years older than everyone else and because i was just out of uniform my class mates and the entire school seemed very immature to me at that time. I did not want to socialize at all.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
You'd be right actually. I was such a problem child i did not get into the bricklaying class, so i worked for a year until i was old enough to do my year in the military, and as soon as i got out i got back to school - so i was 2 years older than everyone else and because i was just out of uniform my class mates and the entire school seemed very immature to me at that time. I did not want to socialize at all.
You didn't want to socialize, but that was probably because you're a forever-alone who simply doesn't like human company.

But c'mon, missing out on a 3 week party? Criminal!

Sigilstone17

Dramacrat
Reaction score
back on the grind
@Sigilstone17 out in the mail tomorrow
i could not get the exact spot pattern of miss bunny, and i think this brown is a little darker than her fur, but your stuffed pets are finally done
i hope the bunny approves of her plush doppelganger
View attachment 72673
Awesomeness. I will show it to the bunny and then put it somewhere she can't destroy it. She so does love chewing on my stuff

Sigilstone17

Dramacrat
Reaction score
my work has been judged and found lacking. time to commit seppuku
She moody tonight for some reason. She hopped up in front of me, looked me in the eye, and thumped as loudly as she could before running away. Not sure what she's unhappy about

Top Bottom