Worst game you've ever played?

Chimplord1997

Mentally Retarded Diogenes
Reaction score
Wonderful end of the world
It was a katamari damacy clone but using flipped assets from the games your grandma plays on her phone, instead of a ball you're a "puppet" aka an invisible model that objects attach to, and the soundtrack is one REALLY annoying 30 second track that plays on a loop from the menu through to the levels, and the worst part is valve made you buy this game for like ten dollars if you wanted to get portal 2 several weeks early, I remember sending Robin walker (who I met irl and he was a really nice guy) a death threat over it on a burner email lol

Chimplord1997

Reaction score
Yeah heres the song holy fuck what a crock of shit fucking game *takes sip from comically oversized beer bottle*

Larynx

Ediot
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever played a game I would consider terrible, because if I wasn't enjoying myself I would simply turn off the game and play something I actually enjoy and forget about it. There certainly have been games I've certainly found disappointing or lack luster, but it's of no use to linger on it.

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Wonderful end of the world
It was a katamari damacy clone but using flipped assets from the games your grandma plays on her phone, instead of a ball you're a "puppet" aka an invisible model that objects attach to, and the soundtrack is one REALLY annoying 30 second track that plays on a loop from the menu through to the levels, and the worst part is valve made you buy this game for like ten dollars if you wanted to get portal 2 several weeks early, I remember sending Robin walker (who I met irl and he was a really nice guy) a death threat over it on a burner email lol
I looked up this game because you made it sound interesting in a car crash sort of way and I was amazed by how garbage it looks. it looks like a shitty flash game with royalty free everything (the walking sound is literally the same one that's used in minecraft) that doesn't even try to hide its plagiarism, but no apparently you can still buy it on steam for $10. I guess people have been dumping crap onto steam for forever huh.

Chimplord1997

Reaction score
I looked up this game because you made it sound interesting in a car crash sort of way and I was amazed by how garbage it looks. it looks like a shitty flash game with royalty free everything (the walking sound is literally the same one that's used in minecraft) that doesn't even try to hide its plagiarism, but no apparently you can still buy it on steam for $10. I guess people have been dumping crap onto steam for forever huh.
i wouldnt mind it being a ripoff of katamari damacy if it actually tried to be a faithful spiritual successor, the katamari series is dead so tbh someone SHOULD take the mantle and start making something that captures its essence and gameplay, but this was like something that should be a pepsi branded web game on pepsi.com circa 2003

Paul Rudd

Hollywood Jew
Reaction score
SOCOM 4 was a generic third person shooter that pretty much stripped out all of what made the ps2 games so good. I used to really like those games as a wee fella and I played it thinking it were gonna be good. It’s just like every other fuckin guy shoots guy game with no soul now, even the psp versions of those games were better than that

benos

Dramacrat
Reaction score
SJW written all over it. Legion was great, but got boring after awhile, didn't bother playing though the last mission.

Last edited:

2MB

Ediot
Reaction score
Harmony of Dissonance, I hate it so much that I WILL get 200% map completion on it AGAIN for the TWELFTH time
My issue with the game is that there's 3 different endings and you need to equip two specific items before facing the last boss to get the "BEST" one.

Playing as NES Simon Belmont in Boss Rush mode is pretty fun though.

Kleetus

【Come, Sweet Hour of Death】
Reaction score
My issue with the game is that there's 3 different endings and you need to equip two specific items before facing the last boss to get the "BEST" one.

Playing as NES Simon Belmont in Boss Rush mode is pretty fun though.
the music is so good though, successor of fate is such a beautiful melancholic piece.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
SJW written all over it. Legion was rad. Boring after awhile, didn't bother playing though the last mission.
You mean watch dogs 2? They fucked the story and made it without any drama (which the first game had) and the controls are beyond awful when you cant custom or change them

TLOU2 had the same issue although the controls could be changed when the gameplay was terrible

Reaction score
anything gimmicky with motion controls (thinking Xbox 360 Kinect), or those early iPhone/iPod touch games that required the gyroscope to control direction. An exception being those puzzle/balance games which worked ok, but racing and flying games that used those controls were always awful.

It is something that never should've been tried, the PSP got 3d controls for mobile gaming right with its joypad.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
anything gimmicky with motion controls (thinking Xbox 360 Kinect), or those early iPhone/iPod touch games that required the gyroscope to control direction. An exception being those puzzle/balance games which worked ok, but racing and flying games that used those controls were always awful.

It is something that never should've been tried, the PSP got 3d controls for mobile gaming right with its joypad.
Never owned a Kinect but I heard they were garbage for the most part

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Never owned a Kinect but I heard they were garbage for the most part
I had a Kinect and mine worked well mechanically but it didn’t have many games worth picking up and nothing for the hardcore gamers. I’ll beat your ass at Kinect Sports bowling though I was able to bowl a 300 with my eyes closed.

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
The actual device wasn't that bad it just had no games worth playing.

They tried to copy Nintendo but forgot the wii still had a controller and you could play normal games on it.
The kinect was a neat device that was underutilized.
Sony's Eye Toy on the other hand was a much less sophisticated device with a lot less technomancy behind it, but the developers who worked on games for it got around the technical limitations by designing actual interesting and fun games that provided a good experience despite weaker hardware.

Top Bottom